Did 'Black Fedor' surpass the original?

Hendo was still alot older than Fedor so that counts for something.
About the 'like' thing, yes this is only a recent addition and I consider fitting with the genereal superficiality of the times but whatever.
Hendo I think is a poor judge, Fedor was past his best and has lost two in a row where as Hendo was in his best form on TRT, Cormier fought him at his best when Hendo was in post TRT steep decline.

Fedor is incedibly overrated, great at his time, but he dominated a single era, and the game caught up to him fairly quiclky.

1 guy was getting KO'd by MW's by the age 33 the other becams a 2 division champ at age 39.
Hmmm... You´re aware that he had a somehow dominant run in Rings, which can be considered a different era too?

giphy.gif

4_medium_medium.gif

They both fought Bigfoot also. We all know that went.

4.gif

3moI.gif

<bball2>

When DC loses to Brock i will bump this thread.

fedor, his run was incredible. The run and the aura is unmatched

Come on man they're not even in the same ballpark.

Fedor is the GOAT, even if you don't agree and have Anderson and/or Jones above him he's undeniably top 3 GOAT.

Cormier wouldn't even be in a top 20 GOAT list.

1. Stranger things have happened
2. Ufc 100 brock would smoosh DC.
Nope.

Their wrestling would cancel each other out and DC would crush him on the feet. Javier Mendez has said that Cain is the better striker while DC is the better wrestler.

Fedor on the other hand, would get taken down easily like he did against Coleman except he wouldn't be able to armbar his way out of this one.

Wait......what?

I'm not talking HW, where he's clearly behind the likes of Fedor, Big Nog, Cro Cop, Cain, JDS, Overeem, Werdum, Igor and possibly some others. You could make a fair argument for him being top 20 all time HW.

So who is the greater for legacy and GOAT status.
Considering Cormier was known as 'Black Fedor' for a while and took it as an honor.

They are similar in age (kudos to both for stiill even being in the sport at this age, they make me look young).

2 same opponents.

Mir - Fedors win arguably more impressive as was Ko. Although Cormiers all round beatdown is what he does best.

Most telling maybe Henderson.
Fedor got ko'd badly, was a desperate fight for both until then.
Cormier on otherhand beatdown and domination so bad it made Rogan say one of most insulting yet perhaps fitting description of fight: " its like a boy and man"

Overall record: Fedor has a fair few former UFC HW champs on his resume

Cormier has whos who in lhw and some big names on hw

So has Fedors GOAT status fallen enough that this is still debatable still or is this a close comparison.
Considering both stories are still being told and Fedor may soon be Bellator HW champ also.

"Cormier has whos who in lhw" What?? You mean Gus who arguably beat him and Rumble, who else? And DC fought a lot older 199lbs off TRT Hendo, big difference.

Nope.

Their wrestling would cancel each other out and DC would crush him on the feet. Javier Mendez has said that Cain is the better striker while DC is the better wrestler.

Fedor on the other hand, would get taken down easily like he did against Coleman except he wouldn't be able to armbar his way out of this one.

Prime Brock would have destroyed them both.

DC = Punching bag (no chin = he is done)

Fedor = much faster, but brock would take him down.

Cain & Ubereem never fought healthy Brock.

The easiest way to answer this question is to analyse how they fared against common opponents.

Back