Did 'Black Fedor' surpass the original?

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
So who is the greater for legacy and GOAT status.
Considering Cormier was known as 'Black Fedor' for a while and took it as an honor.

They are similar in age (kudos to both for stiill even being in the sport at this age, they make me look young).

2 same opponents.

Mir - Fedors win arguably more impressive as was Ko. Although Cormiers all round beatdown is what he does best.

Most telling maybe Henderson.
Fedor got ko'd badly, was a desperate fight for both until then.
Cormier on otherhand beatdown and domination so bad it made Rogan say one of most insulting yet perhaps fitting description of fight: " its like a boy and man"

Edit:
Overlooked Bigfoot silva also common opponent.
3 shared opponents

Overall record: Fedor has a fair few former UFC HW champs on his resume

Cormier has whos who in lhw and some big names on hw

So has Fedors GOAT status fallen enough that this is still debatable still or is this a close comparison.
Considering both stories are still being told and Fedor may soon be Bellator HW champ also.

Last edited:
They are about tied in my opinion as far as legacy, I like both of them for hw goat but I still slightly favor Fedor for his strength of schedule during his decade reign.

I tell my friends that Fedor is the white Cormier

Considering Cormier was known as 'Black Fedor' for a while and took it as an honor.

They are similar in age (kudos to both for stiill even being in the sport at this age, they make me look young).

2 same opponents.

Mir - Fedors win arguably more impressive as was Ko. Although Cormiers all round beatdown is what he does best.

Cormier on otherhand beatdown and domination so bad it made Rogan say one of most insulting yet perhaps fitting description of fight: " its like a boy and man"

So has Fedors GOAT status fallen enough that this is still debatable still or is this a close comparison.
Considering both stories are still being told and Fedor may soon be Bellatpr HW champ also.
"Black Wut?!"

fedor.jpg

Legacy Wise Fedor and its not even close

As for an actual prime for prime fight I would give it to DC

I thought Ngannou was "the b... oh, nvm

Nope. Fedor fought in a better HW division in his prime. DC won the title in the worst division in the UFC.

Stipe would've of been average fighter back in the Pride days.

Yes. I love fefor but DC is much better!!

fedor-emelianenko-pride-2005.jpg

daniel-cormier-ufc-226-5.jpg

Last edited:
Fedor is incedibly overrated, great at his time, but he dominated a single era, and the game caught up to him fairly quiclky.

1 guy was getting KO'd by MW's by the age 33 the other becams a 2 division champ at age 39.

Ruskies dont compete clean, its part of their culture.

Hendo I think is a poor judge, Fedor was past his best and has lost two in a row where as Hendo was in his best form on TRT, Cormier fought him at his best when Hendo was in post TRT steep decline.

2 same opponents.

Overall record: Fedor has a fair few former UFC HW champs on his resume

Cormier has whos who in lhw and some big names on hw

Considering both stories are still being told and Fedor may soon be Bellator HW champ also.
I’m going to give you your first like. You have 837 messages and 1 like, by me. How do you even do that? Your thread seems legit, I’m not hating.

It`s very sad we didin`t get to see these two monsters fight eachother in 2005 .. that fight would be even more bigger than CC/FEDOR. Atm i have to go with DC, unbeaten at hw. Won SF HW GP, Current hw/lhw ufc champ. Fedor was king for decade i respect that and he will never be forget, but now is DC time.

I’m going to give you your first like. You have 837 messages and 1 like, by me. How do you even do that? Your thread seems legit, I’m not hating.
From what I've heard likes were only introduced relatively recently. You can see by his join date his is a super old account, almost all his posts probably happened before the existence of likes.

From what I've heard likes were only introduced relatively recently. You can see by his join date his is a super old account, almost all his posts probably happened before the existence of likes.
‘Likes’ were introduced at the end of 2015, hence my poor post/like ratio. At least, that’s what I tell myself as I cry myself to sleep at night. With a 2002 account (impressively ancient, bans were easy to come by back in the naughties) it’s extremely likely that this is TS’s first post since likes appeared.

Legacy wise, I think Cormier will be viewed more favourably in the future than he is today and may well be considered greater than Fedor. Right now I think it’s Fedor, but it’s getting very close. Two div champ or dominating a solid HW division for years? Take your pick, they’re both seriously great.

Back