Dickheads you've sparred against: Hall of Fame

Just dudes who go 100%. Theyre normally noobs though. Once a guy was tryna knock my head off then when i started to go hard, he's like "dude calm down".

I have not had any major problems, I hit as hard as i want to get hit simple. If they hit me hard I hit hard..
Man thinking about it I have not sparred in about 2 months :/

He probably wasn't doing it on purpose. There's a pro boxer at our gym that has a lot of trouble gauging his power. He has very heavy hands and for a while I thought he was just going way too hard in sparring until I had a hard sparring session with him. The guy hits like a train and has very very good punching technique.

this is probably the case with alot of people their 60-80% hurts alot more than it should because they are monsters also your 60-80% might hurt more than you think and they are hitting hard because you are

I sparred several new guys ,at my gym I usually help train newer guys,they tag me a few times,newer guys will head hunt with zero defense and forget to defend their body and I hit them in solarplexus or liver and go rest in a corner while they recover and have something to think about in a fetal position.

The other week i was at the gym and was sparring this dude

I wanted to spar at 66.53% but he was sparring at 67.89%, that shit just wasn't on so i got the shits and went home to my room with my tapout and randy couture posters and cried myself to sleep

My general rule of sparring is let the weaker/ more inexperienced fighter dictate the pace. And if somebody is struggling with the speed or pace (to the point where they could get hurt) lay off.
Nothing wrong with sparring hard if both people are willing and able, but.

Very good post, absolutely the blueprint people should follow when sparring

I wanted to spar at 66.53% but he was sparring at 67.89%, that shit just wasn't on so i got the shits and went home to my room with my tapout and randy couture posters and cried myself to sleep

haha that is rough man, I feel your pain

I'm the newest guy at my boxing gym and the only one who isn't actively competing
(I train only for fun. Keeping fit playing a round of golf or lifting weights doesn't interest me). Needless to say I'm way down at the bottom of the feed-bowl.

Anyhow, when it comes to sparring the other dudes spar at an intensity that
challenges me, whilst not shutting me down completely.

I've never actually sparred with anyone who has there male genatils on their head. But I have sparred with people who have their asshole where their mouth should be, damn their breath is nasty.

Why does everyone have stories of tall guys being dicks. Ussually it's the little dude that take it to far and are assholes where the tall guys are ussually kind and don't want to hurt you.

Why does everyone have stories of tall guys being dicks. Ussually it's the little dude that take it to far and are assholes where the tall guys are ussually kind and don't want to hurt you.

:rolleyes: tell me about it.

A guy asked me after a class to do some light sparring, the interesting thing was we were quite different physically but a similar weight. I'm about 6'0 and 1170 pounds hes about 5'6 a little bit fat and around 160-180ish. We start out keeping it pretty low intensity mostly me just jabbing and throwing a few body combos with him just trying to stalk throwing mostly lead rights and fairly ugly looking low kicks, out of no where he just starts throwing wild hooks and charging at me and he lands a few punches that staggered me, he kept pushing into me and i managed to duck under a hook and hit him with a hard left hook to the body. He dropped and I offered to help him up but he was having none of it and walked away and went and sat down. After that i never saw that guy around much anymore and to be honest i felt a bit guilty about it, given that I was the more experienced guy i probably should of just tried to calm him down, but maybe he just didn't have the right mentality to train.

I've sparred with a real dickhead, I figure it was to the fact I was timing his jab, slipping it, jab, cross then kicking his lead leg, he kept circling into it too. So I figured maybe he'd change his footwork, or work on blocking the kicks and countering me but...

Instead he started faking the jab, and throwing full on haymakers into my stomach, done this twice, really draining too.

Another guy I sparred with, must have had about 30 kg on me, I figured I'd keep him at bay with jabs and teeps, I think I frustrated him at one point, and he countered the teep my parrying it to the side, leaving my lead leg open, and he whipped out two powerful leg kicks into it, really put his kick through my leg, it was sore as hell for about a week, and bruised to fuck! Haha

Not really a dickhead just a huge guy but yeah i got hit with a hook to the liver and took a breather and then the first second back the dude hits me with a huuuuge hook to the same exact spot and dropped me.

In my old gym, we used to spar right after bag work. This one guy, one of the older students I might add, would always keep his bag gloves on during sparring. And he'd go hard, the bastard.

A guy asked me after a class to do some light sparring, the interesting thing was we were quite different physically but a similar weight. I'm about 6'0 and 1170 pounds hes about 5'6 a little bit fat and around 160-180ish. We start out keeping it pretty low intensity mostly me just jabbing and throwing a few body combos with him just trying to stalk throwing mostly lead rights and fairly ugly looking low kicks, out of no where he just starts throwing wild hooks and charging at me and he lands a few punches that staggered me, he kept pushing into me and i managed to duck under a hook and hit him with a hard left hook to the body. He dropped and I offered to help him up but he was having none of it and walked away and went and sat down. After that i never saw that guy around much anymore and to be honest i felt a bit guilty about it, given that I was the more experienced guy i probably should of just tried to calm him down, but maybe he just didn't have the right mentality to train.

Holy shit! (that's a typo, right? Right?)

And to contribute - I've had very few people go too hard as idiots didn't last long in our gym. The problem I had was when I would pull my kicks and my opponent would constantly catch them and sweep me.

Yes, of course you're catching me at this speed!

I can see why you got angry but I usually spar at 75.71% and if I'm feeling crazy i go at 77.77%. So you would probably get mad at me.

Not really a dickhead just a huge guy but yeah i got hit with a hook to the liver and took a breather and then the first second back the dude hits me with a huuuuge hook to the same exact spot and dropped me.

That is not a dickhead move, the guy did you a favor, showed you where you were open/vulnerable...... Taking a couple good shots in liver, especially one after another will (or should) be proper motivation in figuring out how to defend against it!

Was getting a lot more shots in against a guy of my skill level. I was just in the zone after attending a seminar that really had me at peace. He punched me in the throat, I at first got angry but then chilled back and thought to myself: "why strike this dude out of anger when I can't control the environment, and sifu could easily woop my ass."

Back