Dickheads you've sparred against: Hall of Fame

McPunchy

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
1. The guy today who tried to walk through all my punches and kicks - so when i finally tagged him to make him think twice about it, he got super aggro and tried to take my head off with dangerous shots for the rest of the session.
Thanks.

Back when I was kickboxing I was a bit of a douche
until one of the fighters let fly with a headkick.
Thankfully he stopped short with his lower shin pressed
against my neck.

Lesson learned.

Meh, ive never had a bad sparring session really.

Yeah, I've never really had a bad sparring session, either. Maybe a couple guys here and there, but they've always backed off once I took it up a notch. Everyone has always been really professional with me.

When I'm dealing with guys who walk through my strikes, I usually pull them aside after the round and tell them if they keep doing that I'm going throw harder. Not in a threatening way, but more like a "I don't want to encourage bad habits" kinda way.

I hate the guys who HAVE to run on higher rpm's than me. like ill be goin 60% and hes goin 90%. especially when the coaches are right there and they have to show off or idk

Some of the newer guys like to go 100% at me, when I block and counter they turn around and get a breather knowing that I wont hit them with their backs turned

it's always the new guys that can't control themselves. I would rather get worked over by a pro instead of sparring a beginner. At least then I know what to expect.

I really find it hard to go soft and am a bit heavy handed so it leads to problems .

Honestly though once I realized my problem I started only sparring with the guys who had an attitude like mine, or just enjoyed hard sparring. If I have to spar with one of the others then I'll just work defense and let them work combinations.

The guy who whined about a push-kick to the chest: "That was close to my throat!"

Yeah... whatever, Nancy.

I might be a douchebag too for doing this but:

I was sparring with this guy and he was coming at me punching at full power (same height but much heavier than me) and I was like, wtf, does this guy want?

so pretty much everytime i walked at him to attack, i would duck my head and headbutt him, also when we got in the clinch I knee'd him in the face once.

he was throwing superman punches on full force, you could feel that even if you blocked. it was so annoying I was trying to take off his head at all times.

and this is the only time I've been pissed by someone wanting to show off their strength during sparring.

Anyone who spars with an ego can be a problem. People sometimes think that sparring is a real fight and people get injured.

When I was younger there was a guy who whenever the two of us would spar for whatever reason we would try to kill each other. I think as most people get older and more experienced that stops for the most part.

Usually sparring is controlled with me, but if it is someone who is very similar in skill to me it can escalate. One person will try to one up the other until both keep raising the pace and it turns into a hard sparring session.

since I don't want to accumulate brain damage anymore I don't spar or train for that matter anymore although I would enjoy some light sparring in the future

There have been a few dickheads here's the worst one :

At a guys gym, organizer of small shows trainer and occasional fighter this guy is the only one to train pretty much, it's kind of a home gym. So I went tree times to train there and the training consists of 10 minutes warm up and sparring, maybe a little bag work or weights, but basically just sparring with no drills or anything.

This guy is a punk and thug, as kid out of defending his brother almost stabbed a guy to death and went to jail for it, he has no job but plenty tattoos.

Sooo whenever I was getting the upper hand landing more punches he would just get pissed and start going harder and harder. The last day we are in a corner and I knee him in the liver, he get's really pissed and say's angrily "No knees", and then tries to knock me out, I had a double guard and he throws 3 power punches that make me see black and flashes of light, then I say something like weren't we supposed to go a little lighter and he is like "I just punched you in your guard". ALso he doesn't know how to block teeps and I love to throw them, and after getting hit several times he says that he is just going to kick my stabilizing leg and so break it - obviously just to get m to stop throwing teeps. So basically we train K1 and I can't throw knees or teeps (front kicks), wtf. His explanation is that we'll practice knees on the mitts cause somebodys nose could break despite me only throwing them to the body. Also this friend who never trained before came once and he didn't teach him one technique but just beat him up like his heavy bag.

He says he doesn't ever go 100% in training and mostly I believe it but he sure goes up to 80% or 100% after I kneed him.
I didn't have that muck k1 rules sparring experience so I do admit that the knee could have hurt him but it certainly was not with full power or bad intent.

The guy had like 70 amateur fights, and a few pro fights. Funny thing is when we rolled just once I totally owned him, he has 0 technique and I triangled him from mount.

But I'm not angry at least he got his ass embarassed in his next fight in our little town where everyone who's into fighting was watching, some fatty (kinda muscular fat) totally owned him, his swing were missing and making him lose balance it was embarrassing to watch. Not that he just got beat up but the fight ended in the second with the guy kneeing him apparently in the nuts but it was ruled a tko after he did not or couldn't continue to fight. Also on our cuties internet portal it was reported that he was out of shape and could barely survive two rounds.

This is like the longest post on sherdog from me in a while, lol

The gym owner and the dickhead are not the same person, hope it was clear. But the gym is empty pretty much besides the dickhead training in it.

HW power punchers (I'm 155lbs) who get pissed and try to take your head off if you even tap them once.

I just think anyone who spars without the intention to learn or have fun is really just being a dick.

Honestly, sparring is great. It's the most fun thing you can do in striking, so why go at it like a job or with an ego?

Sparring guys you dont like is stupid as well.

Sparring is the best part of training IMO.
It's fun, you learn under pressure and get to
try things out.

The only "douchbag" (personality wise) I've ever sparred with was this one muscle bound, Tapout wearing motherfucker (who'da thunk it?) who I was doing "body only" sparring with. It should come as no surprise that shit happens and I tagged him lightly on the jaw a couple times. He took real offence to it the first time even after I apologized and the second time (barely touched him) he flips out and when we resumed sparring instantly tags me with an overhand. But badman nah cater, I didnt blink and ripped him with 3 hard body shots.

I've done body only sparring with this mexician kid who was about my weight and we were going bare knuckle. We both ate knuckle every once in a while but neither of us gave a fuck and heres this guy, 30 pounds heavier than me bitching when shit happens.

Douchebags at gyms must be an American thing. I spar with a tight group of guys and there's only probably about 10 of us. We are all freinds too, sure their may be guys that are more intesnse but no one will get angry if you tag them.

Back