• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaz submitting Henderson

are u fuckinh serious be is like rubber I don't know if he had ever been submitted before

nate makes black belts in mma look like blue belts (miller, pelligrino, etc). not to mention he does well in straight bjj comps. if benson thinks he can take risks with nate, like he usually does, he's going to sleep. nate's bjj in the cage is arguably better than nick's.

Some people seriously don't know shit about submissions.

IIRC, every guillotine I have seen Bendo magically escape with his super skills has been against an opponent that latched on and then tried to power out a tap.

Do some research on how Diaz submits people with guillotines. Not all guillotines are the same and I am pretty dam sure Diaz knows all of them and has submitted guys in the octagon with a variety of them.

He subbed Miller, one of the best grapplers at 155. I think he has a legitimate chance at subbing Bendo, particulary catching him in a choke when he shoots.

His sub on Miller was extremely impressive, in my opinion. Bendo's a very tough guy, but I wouldn't be so sure that he can't be caught in something. Nate's improved in leaps and bounds since his TUF stint, I'd actually go out on a limb and say he's a better fighter at 155 than Nick is at 170.

what? a strong wrestler with excellent top control?! worst possible style matchup. diaz brothers have no wrestling hence this fight will be a 5 round wrestlefuck

Yea, Nate's grappling and wrestling looked God awful vs Jim Miller. He didn't stuff takedowns, dominate the clinch, or sweep the shit out of Jim Miller to reverse position on the ground. Nate was a helpless little bitch

Some people seriously don't know shit about submissions.

IIRC, every guillotine I have seen Bendo magically escape with his super skills has been against an opponent that latched on and then tried to power out a tap.

Do some research on how Diaz submits people with guillotines. Not all guillotines are the same and I am pretty dam sure Diaz knows all of them and has submitted guys in the octagon with a variety of them.

Very great point. If a guy tries to squeeze too hard and force a quick finish he will just blow his arms and it becomes a relatively easy escape. Nate is a methodical master who doesn't try to strangle you to death ASAP, instead he slowly improves his position, works on the choke and waits for openings to go for the kill.

It was great watching him choke out Miller because of Miller's valiant efforts to escape. He did everything right, and everything he could but Nate was just all over his ass countering all of Miller's counters before winding up on top of him to finish the choke.

Anything can happen with either opponent .
Should be a fun fight .

Yea, Nate's grappling and wrestling looked God awful vs Jim Miller. He didn't stuff takedowns, dominate the clinch, or sweep the shit out of Jim Miller to reverse position on the ground. Nate was a helpless little bitch

jim miller is not a NAIA All American Wrestler. he does have a bb in bjj and it was an impressive but weve seen time and time again that those with epic bases and strong top control can just grind out decisions against sick ground gamers

Henderson has good sub defense, but I've seen him choked clean out. youtube it?

humblepie.png

A lot of people like that line but I wouldn't touch it personally.

Diaz is a whole 'nother submission beast than Guida, Frankie, Cerrone, Miller, Bocek, etc. Think about it: how many times have opponents escaped from a Diaz submission attempt once he commits to it? How about the other guys? His finishing rate is orders of magnitude higher than all of the aforementioned highly respectable grapplers.

Bendo is insanely resilient but his grappling style matches up well for Nate IMO.

please see above post

this is why I never liked Diaz nuthuggers lol sayin shit outta thin air

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back