• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaz submitting Henderson

I remember when Big Nog was never going to get KO'd.

i suggest you remove Jim from that list.

I'm pertaining how Nate maintained the hold while rolling back on the round, that's a tough move. Not taking away anything from Jim, he's tough fighter as well

benson henderson is 28 for 28 in escaping sub attempts in his wec/ufc carreer and nate has problems with wrestlers therefore i have henderson by decision

although the kurt p submission was impressive no one likes to talk about the kurt was never really interested in making a serious mental run at mma. he had lost interest even before his daughter. he didnt even try to escape and we're supposed to believe that he just "knew he was caught." dan hardy showed us that the mere act of fighting out of a submission can be more then half the battle.

most submissions happen once a] a guy is hurt or b] a guy is tired physically or mentally.

who sees this happening? im not saying its impossible, just unlikely. also keep in mind that defending the submission has always been considered a fair bit easier then successfully getting the tap.

Last edited:
I'm pertaining how Nate maintained the hold while rolling back on the round, that's a tough move. Not taking away anything from Jim, he's tough fighter as well

ahhh, totally misread your whole intent. my bad.

When you look at miller's skills and past fights, it is absolutely amazing what Diaz was able to do in that fight. That is probably one of the best sub wins I have seen in a long time, my opinion on nate changed quite a bit after that fight.

Don't underestimate Nate, a sub win is most definitely in the realm of possibilities for this fight.

If you sub Pellegrino and Miller you're pretty much top tier with subs. The best sub guys bendo fought were like Miller or Bocek, none of which have the mma sub resume as Nate. Nate's taking that belt and it'll likely be by sub after Bendo is hurt.

It could happen if diaz batters and stuns him with tons of punches then it goes to the ground. Prob not gonna happen due to Bendo's wrastlin

Diaz is a whole 'nother submission beast than Guida, Frankie, Cerrone, Miller, Bocek, etc. Think about it: how many times have opponents escaped from a Diaz submission attempt once he commits to it? How about the other guys? His finishing rate is orders of magnitude higher than all of the aforementioned highly respectable grapplers.

Bendo is insanely resilient but his grappling style matches up well for Nate IMO.

I am inclined to agree with your observations.

But Bendo is aware of all the things you've said and has said he will adjust accordingly. He says in this following interview that he doesn't plan on putting himself in those dangerous situations in the first place because he respects Diaz's submissions more than anyone Bendo's faced in the past

Watch 2:57 to 3:26 mark of this video

When you look at miller's skills and past fights, it is absolutely amazing what Diaz was able to do in that fight. That is probably one of the best sub wins I have seen in a long time, my opinion on nate changed quite a bit after that fight.

Don't underestimate Nate, a sub win is most definitely in the realm of possibilities for this fight.

I agree entirely. Before the Miller fight, I had the popular opinion that any good wrestler with sub defense would beat him him and when the Miller fight was announced I actually envisioned Nate getting stopped.

That's not to say Benson can't win here, he proved he's the better wrestler when he stomped Miller and he's tough so I envision this being a close fight but the days of guys with average TDs just laying on Nate are over, he's evolved past that.

Bendo shouldn't be to confident in his subdefense against Diaz. I think he's another level when it comes to submissions, I mean the way he tapped Miller was very impressive.

If anyone can do it at 155, it's Nate. Diaz via sub is a decent bet considering Bendo almost always ends up in a precarious position, and you dont wanna be in a precarious position with a belt hungry Diaz on your neck.

A lot of people like that line but I wouldn't touch it personally.

Diaz is a whole 'nother submission beast than Guida, Frankie, Cerrone, Miller, Bocek, etc. Think about it: how many times have opponents escaped from a Diaz submission attempt once he commits to it? How about the other guys? His finishing rate is orders of magnitude higher than all of the aforementioned highly respectable grapplers.

Bendo is insanely resilient but his grappling style matches up well for Nate IMO.

what? a strong wrestler with excellent top control?! worst possible style matchup. diaz brothers have no wrestling hence this fight will be a 5 round wrestlefuck

Back