• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaz submitting Henderson

Also, Bendo got subbed in a BJJ comp quite recently.

I never been in a car wreck so i'm gonna drive 100mph in my mustang the next time it rains on a busy street..

Henderson's defensive jits game is weaker than Diaz's offensive jits game in my opinion.

he can't take chances of putting himself in bad positions with Diaz forreal

I am inclined to agree with your observations.

But Bendo is aware of all the things you've said and has said he will adjust accordingly. He says in this following interview that he doesn't plan on putting himself in those dangerous situations in the first place because he respects Diaz's submissions more than anyone Bendo's faced in the past

Watch 2:57 to 3:26 mark of this video

Thanks for the video.

However, the interviewer asked it in such a contrived way, what do you expect Bendo to say?

"So you're a guy who's gotten out of a lot of submissions in your career. Nate Diaz is a guy you don't wanna get too deep in a submission with. Is that something you're obviously thinking about?"

LOL. Way to telegraph a response...

If the interviewer asked "what's your biggest concern for this fight and how have you adjusted?" and Bendo said that, I'd put more stock into it.

Regardless, you can say that you're thinking about something all you want, but in betting, you follow your intuition and that includes analyzing a fighter's natural instinct. It is Bendo's natural instinct to be wild in scrambles and on top, leaving holes for a technical wizard with long limbs & a killer instinct like Diaz. Bendo is not a "Lay & Prayer". He leaves openings for sweeps & reversals (ex. Pettis reversing being mounted with hooks in and almost being RNC'ed moments before in R4 to being on top when he timed the reversal --- Pettis had no chance pulling that off against a guy like Guida but Bendo leaves escapes out the back door and by spinning to top control).

Sure Bendo can focus on being extra-cautious and trying to rack up points by L&P but when you have Diaz egging you on and attacking you with subs, Bendo has admitted that his instinct to go to war kicks in...

Perhaps Bendo walks the walk but, hey, if I believed everything a fighter says in preparation to a fight, I'd have lost a lot of $.

Thanks for the video.

However, the interviewer asked it in such a contrived way, what do you expect Bendo to say?

"So you're a guy who's gotten out of a lot of submissions in your career. Nate Diaz is a guy you don't wanna get too deep in a submission with. Is that something you're obviously thinking about?"

LOL. Way to telegraph a response...

If the interviewer asked "what's your biggest concern for this fight and how have you adjusted?" and Bendo said that, I'd put more stock into it.

Regardless, you can say that you're thinking about something all you want, but in betting, you follow your intuition and that includes analyzing a fighter's natural instinct. It is Bendo's natural instinct to be wild in scrambles and on top, leaving holes for a technical wizard with long limbs & a killer instinct like Diaz. Bendo is not a "Lay & Prayer". He leaves openings for sweeps & reversals (ex. Pettis reversing being mounted with hooks in and almost being RNC'ed moments before in R4 to being on top when he timed the reversal --- Pettis had no chance pulling that off against a guy like Guida but Bendo leaves escapes out the back door and by spinning to top control).

Sure Bendo can focus on being extra-cautious and trying to rack up points by L&P but when you have Diaz egging you on and attacking you with subs, Bendo has admitted that his instinct to go to war kicks in...

Perhaps Bendo walks the walk but, hey, if I believed everything a fighter says in preparation to a fight, I'd have lost a lot of $.

Fair enough. Thanks for your response. Personally I think this fight is a coin toss. Although at gunpoint, I'd probably pick Bendo but not with any confidence.

So a small play on Nate is defensible if you're betting. I am not touching it though

Right, it's pretty impressive actually how he subbed guys like Melvin and Jim. Maybe they have that uncanny grip

Melvin LMAO he gets choked out by anyone these days but Miller was very impressive.

WAR DIAZ!

what? a strong wrestler with excellent top control?! worst possible style matchup. diaz brothers have no wrestling hence this fight will be a 5 round wrestlefuck

Help! Does anyone have a time machine? Can you travel back in time and rescue this guy? He's trapped in 2009.

Help! Does anyone have a time machine? Can you travel back in time and rescue this guy? He's trapped in 2009.

diaz brothers cannot wrestle. we know that wrestlers with good jitz (for instance gsp) vs people with good ground game (for instance serra, bj penn, fitch, hughes etc) tend to trounce people without the wrestling ability

although the kurt p submission was impressive no one likes to talk about the kurt was never really interested in making a serious mental run at mma. he had lost interest even before his daughter. he didnt even try to escape and we're supposed to believe that he just "knew he was caught." dan hardy showed us that the mere act of fighting out of a submission can be more then half the battle.

most submissions happen once a] a guy is hurt or b] a guy is tired physically or mentally.

who sees this happening? im not saying its impossible, just unlikely. also keep in mind that defending the submission has always been considered a fair bit easier then successfully getting the tap.

ps-my guess would be that it goes the full 5 as i dont see benson finishing nate, although rumor has it that the diaz training camp was sub par.

diaz brothers cannot wrestle. we know that wrestlers with good jitz (for instance gsp) vs people with good ground game (for instance serra, bj penn, fitch, hughes etc) tend to trounce people without the wrestling ability

Bendo is nowhere near the level of top control wrestler as GSP or even Clay Guida. See my prior post - Bendo leaves openings for opponents with active guards like Pettis, Cerrone and Diaz. He's an excellent overall grappler but he's not the Diaz kryptonite that a L&Per would be.

Ben's never been submitted so he never can be. Sherdog has spoken.

When you look at miller's skills and past fights, it is absolutely amazing what Diaz was able to do in that fight. That is probably one of the best sub wins I have seen in a long time, my opinion on nate changed quite a bit after that fight.

Don't underestimate Nate, a sub win is most definitely in the realm of possibilities for this fight.

Couldn't have put it better!

It's a fight, anything can happen. And Bendo has been put to sleep before, albeit a few years ago.

Ben_Henderson_Vs_Rocky_Johnson_MMA.gif

are u fuckinh serious be is like rubber I don't know if he had ever been submitted before

Jim Miller is a JJBB and thought he could hang with Nate on the ground. Well... He almost bit off his tongue. Bendo is excellent against a guillotine but what about armbars and triangles?

Back