• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaz submitting Henderson

mmakevin

White Belt
Reaction score
are u fuckinh serious be is like rubber I don't know if he had ever been submitted before

his escapes against Cerrone (I) sure impressed the hell outta me. for life.

what's the prop bet for going to decision?

A diaz submission ain't your normal sub tho.

Right, it's pretty impressive actually how he subbed guys like Melvin and Jim. Maybe they have that uncanny grip

I've never been in a car wreck, so I'm gonna cancel my insurance.

Yes Ben has 1 submission loss, granted it was a long time ago, but Diaz is a master at subs and I actually think he could win via sub, I actually am kinda leaning towards that, Diaz could get a sub on a TD attempt from Ben, kinda like he did against Miller.

are u fuckinh serious be is like rubber I don't know if he had ever been submitted before

Then maybe you should've spent a minute looking it up instead of making a pointless thread.

He was tapped by Rocky Johnson in 2007.

If anyone can tap Bendo 2.0, it's Diaz. Bendo actually has terrible submission defence but legendary resiliency. Whether intentional or not, he trolls people into attacking him with subs he escapes from. Diaz is the type of grappler to catch you in a sub to the point of no return.

his escapes against Cerrone (I) sure impressed the hell outta me. for life.

what's the prop bet for going to decision?

A lot of people like that line but I wouldn't touch it personally.

Diaz is a whole 'nother submission beast than Guida, Frankie, Cerrone, Miller, Bocek, etc. Think about it: how many times have opponents escaped from a Diaz submission attempt once he commits to it? How about the other guys? His finishing rate is orders of magnitude higher than all of the aforementioned highly respectable grapplers.

Bendo is insanely resilient but his grappling style matches up well for Nate IMO.

Then maybe you should've spent a minute looking it up instead of making a pointless thread.

He was tapped by Rocky Johnson in 2007.

If anyone can tap Bendo 2.0, it's Diaz. Bendo actually has terrible submission defence but legendary resiliency. Whether intentional or not, he trolls people into attacking him with subs he escapes from. Diaz is the type of grappler to catch you in a sub to the point of no return.

This.

A lot of people like that line but I wouldn't touch it personally.

Diaz is a whole 'nother submission beast than Guida, Frankie, Cerrone, Miller, Bocek, etc. Think about it: how many times have opponents escaped from a Diaz submission attempt once he commits to it? How about the other guys? His finishing rate is orders of magnitude higher than all of the aforementioned highly respectable grapplers.

Bendo is insanely resilient but his grappling style matches up well for Nate IMO.

i wouldn't touch that bet for 1-2 odds either. friggin nutz lol i honestly figured it'd be closer to even money. at 2-1 i'd bet it quick.

if diaz can submit jim miller then he can submit benson. no doubt about it. he'll have his opportunities.

diaz isn't just going to slap on a submission, he's going to hurt bendo first.

The skill of not getting submitted does not lie with Henderson, it is the lack of skill of people trying to submit him. Diaz is not going to toss on a power guillotine and try and muscle a submission while Henderson is trying to power out of it. Diaz will set it, adjust it, adjust it, adjust it, adjust it, and Henderson will tap.

Look at the variety of guillotines that Nate has worked over on other grapplers in the octagon. Look at the way he has set up triangles and armbars. Henderson falls into submissions all the time on his shots and scrambles. Diaz can finish him at anytime that happens in this fight.

When you look at miller's skills and past fights, it is absolutely amazing what Diaz was able to do in that fight. That is probably one of the best sub wins I have seen in a long time, my opinion on nate changed quite a bit after that fight.

Don't underestimate Nate, a sub win is most definitely in the realm of possibilities for this fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back