• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaz reportedly 'pricing himself out' of 3rd McGregor bout

Good, I really couldn't care less about this silly match-up at this point.

giphy.gif
Hahaha Connor against any contender.
He may be one of the greatest of all time. Not a chance so far.

Ya, funny enough all the people hating on McGregor vs Diaz 3 might actually get their wish. Nick and Nate are such strange guys. Sometimes they complain that they hate fighting and they hate the UFC, then they're complaining that they can't get the fights they want. Nick is offered the fight of his life, which probably pays him more than his previous career combined, and he balks at it.

Strange stuff. But they wouldn't be the Diaz bros without this stuff I guess.

ffs, nick =/= nate.

and the ufc is totally fucked by that $4+B sale. now every fighter knows for an absolute fact that they were fighting for basically nothing and wants big league money. the new owners are basically screwed. serves them right, anyway.

Jesus, nobody has a higher opinion of themselves due to moderate success than the Diaz bros. I was happy that Nate beat Conor, but Jesus dude if you don't wanna foght anymore just say so
Diaz brothers were fighting the best when McGregor was getting submitted in the minor leagues, it's amazing what hype can do.

A real number that I think Diaz could get is 10 million

Anything higher than that is just not reasonable imo

Well what's the UFCs counter offer? 15 Million or 200k + win bonus

Just charge $100 for that PPV and problem solved.

Pay Diaz his money.

No, it's how you price yourself out of a fight. N8han is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. UFC needed him last time because Conor needed to win the rematch. Conor does not need N8han now, and UFC definitely doesn't.

The most important thing in negotiations is leverage and N8han has none right now.
I think your talking out of your ass, with your IQ make sure it's a fart or you may shit yourself, then you would have diarrhea coming out of both ends.

Didn't Nate get like 10 mill for the rematch?

I'd say they can afford to pay him a little more for the trilogy.

Not that I actually WANT the trilogy to happen at this stage, but just sayin.
He got 2 million for the rematch. Now he wants 10x that. Bold, but likely a losing strategy.

Dana needs to have a "come to jesus" talk to him

LMAO Let him stay retired then. He doesn't deserve that kind of money.

As long as Conor fights intelligently, he should win.

The Diaz brothers can’t seem to bring themselves to effectively block low kicks and throw enough of them themselves. They also are too slow or lazy to cut off the ring and keep their opponent in striking range.

Conor can stick and move all night as long as he doesn’t blow his load and get pulled into a slug fest.
Conor played it smart in the second fight and he still gassed badly only the fence and the time running out saved him from a Tko

Didn't Nate get like 10 mill for the rematch?

I'd say they can afford to pay him a little more for the trilogy.

Not that I actually WANT the trilogy to happen at this stage, but just sayin.

Did he honestly get $10m?? I'm amazed at that.

What Diaz fails to recognize is that he is irrelevant without McGregor. He could not headline a free card without McGregor.

Conor played it smart in the second fight and he still gassed badly only the fence and the time running out saved him from a Tko

I agree, but I actually believe Conor will be more conservative and less exciting and go for a simple win instead of an exciting win which will conserve a little more gas perhaps.

Nate simply doesn't bring enough buys to be worth $20,000,000

McGregor vs Diaz 3 likely does around 300,000-500,000 buys more than most of Conor's other options. This is around an extra $15,000,000-$21,000,000 from PPV buys. And maybe an extra $3,000,000 or so on the gate.

Diaz essentially wants 100% of the premium he brings to the table making it no benefit to book him over many of the other options who would fight Conor for six figures.

They'll pay him. Conor wants the fight. Nate knows that. And nate already made a ton of money off the first two. It's the biggest fight the UFC can make. They'll pay him. Not 20M, but prob 4 or 5M guaranteed and PPV points.

Back