• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaz reportedly 'pricing himself out' of 3rd McGregor bout

Fukk that we want 20 million dollars or 209 pounds of hydro GSC Chronic

Ain’t mad at this. Fighters got a limited window to make real money. Nate recognizes that this is his window.

Ufc and friends have been getting away with murder for far too long. You don’t get from 42m in the hole to selling for 4b in 15 Years time because you were scraping by. Zuffa was making mad money. Wme and friends are only skimping further.

A good manager gets their fighters what they deserve. A great one gets their fighters more than they deserve.

Get that fucking money nate.

It's how you negotiate.
No, it's how you price yourself out of a fight. N8han is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. UFC needed him last time because Conor needed to win the rematch. Conor does not need N8han now, and UFC definitely doesn't.

The most important thing in negotiations is leverage and N8han has none right now.

Ain’t mad at this. Fighters got a limited window to make real money. Nate recognizes that this is his window.

Ufc and friends have been getting away with murder for far too long. You don’t get from 42m in the hole to selling for 4b in 15 Years time because you were scraping by. Zuffa was making mad money. Wme and friends are only skimping further.

A good manager gets their fighters what they deserve. A great one gets their fighters more than they deserve.

Get that fucking money nate.

Yea, I mean you have a point. I'm worried that Nate holding out might make him irrelevant. However, a lot of people pointed out that McGregors 2 highest selling events (which he drove) were against Nate Diaz. His fight against Alvarez didn't do as well. So if Nate is the 2nd half of the drawing equation, he might do well by holding out. If McGregor defends against Ferguson and the fight flops (PPV buy wise), then the UFC will throw money at Nate for the rematch.

"Then I probably will defend against the winner of this interim belt or someone along that line".

Current state of UFC. This guy is a joke.

No, it's how you price yourself out of a fight. N8han is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. UFC needed him last time because Conor needed to win the rematch. Conor does not need N8han now, and UFC definitely doesn't.
Conor doesn't want to be a fighter. If he cared at all about that, he wouldn't have entered that circus of a boxing match. He wants to make money and Nate's the money fight, ridiculous as that may sound.

Conor doesn't want to be a fighter. If he cared at all about that, he wouldn't have entered that circus of a boxing match. He wants to make money and Nate's the money fight, ridiculous as that may sound.
If Conor didn't want to be a fighter, he wouldn't be a fighter. What a strange thing to say.

The absolute rock-bottom truth is that Nate knows he's going to get schooled in the 3rd fight thus retiring him, so he has to be set for life that's why he's asking such a high dollar amount

demand 20 get 10. conor needs a dance partner and no one else will bring him or the ufc as much $$ or excitement as conor vs nate so they better pay the man!

If Conor didn't want to be a fighter, he wouldn't be a fighter. What a strange thing to say.
He wants to be a fighter to make money, not for glory, recognition or whatever reason guys were doing it before there was any money in it.

When you're a champion, or someone with a decent record. A Journeyman has no leverage.
The casuals know him.

Why give Nate the fight at all?

What if he wins?

You think he'll defend for less than $200 million or something absolutely absurd?

And then Conor has no big fights either.

Diaz III - Conor is a stupid fight to make business wise and the only people defending it are Conor fans who seem to be afraid of him defending his belt.

not buying. the second fight was enough for me. nate wont come close to winning this bout

As long as Conor fights intelligently, he should win.

The Diaz brothers can’t seem to bring themselves to effectively block low kicks and throw enough of them themselves. They also are too slow or lazy to cut off the ring and keep their opponent in striking range.

Conor can stick and move all night as long as he doesn’t blow his load and get pulled into a slug fest.

i dont want to see a 3rd fight anyway

at least not now or this next year,

I hope he prices himself out. He should ask for 50 million instead.

Nate doesn't add enough value to get what he's asking for

Pay Nate 20 million or just stack the card for a fraction of that price with Conor headlining against someone else.

Dudes the highest paid gatekeeper ever and he wants more? I hope he prices himself right the fuck out of this fight so Conor can finally fight some legit competition and defend his belt while he's at it.

Back