• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaz reportedly 'pricing himself out' of 3rd McGregor bout

The Yahoo sports article reported that Nate got $13 million for 202, including PPV points, but you simply discarded it as unreliable because you disagreed. And it's laughable that your source to the contrary is supposedly Dana. If Nate made that much, Dana would never admit it.

The UFC has good incentive to keep the contracts and bout agreement confidential, as they don't want other fighters and organizations to be able to leverage it. And I'd bet that the terms require that the fighters and their management keep it confidential as well. So we may know that some fighters get points, it is extremely rare to see the actual numbers and percentages. And this would explain why Nate isn't "crowing about PPV points."

I remember seeing one of Randy's actual contracts with PPV breakdowns on SD, but I don't remember any others.

So we have to rely on leaked information, and that's only as reliable as the original source, that a reporter will never give away. If you have some information about Nate's or other fighter's PPV points, post it and cite the source. Otherwise, you're just talking out your ass.

The premier source for MMA business since MMA began said Nate received PPV points & made near $10m for #202.
I think his sources & 25+ year history of covering the sport is more reliable than random Sherdogger #953366871.

Why even bother arguing Buster?

;)

Oh & Diaz former manager is suing him for $1m bc Diaz never paid him their % for negotiating #202
I really doubt his manager gets 50%

What is 10% of $10m?

;)

Last edited:
& ...

Nate Diaz is being sued by former agents over money that Diaz received from his rematch with Conor McGregor at UFC 202.

TMZ reported the lawsuit that has been filed in District Court in Dallas by The Ballengee Group, Nate Diaz’s former agency. The group claims to have negotiated several deals for Nate Diaz, including both fights against Conor McGregor.

The lawsuit claims over $1 million in damages after Diaz supposedly never paid the group for negotiating his contract for UFC 202.

The group claims that they were fired after the bout negotiations were already completed, but before Diaz stepped into the Octagon with McGregor for the second time.

Nate Diaz made a disclosed $2 million from the bout and extra $50,000 for his Fight of the Night performance. These amounts do not include PPV points that Diaz received for the event, which likely increases the amount that he earned substantially.

UFC 202 was a gigantic success for the UFC, reportedly selling over 1.65 million PPV’s, according to Dave Meltzer. These numbers would indicate that the event broke the record for the most PPV buys in UFC history, outselling UFC 100 by 50,000 buys.

Diaz currently does not have a fight booked and hasn’t competed since the McGregor rematch.

The premier source for MMA business since MMA began said Nate received PPV points & made near $10m for #202.
I think his sources & 25+ year history of covering the sport is more reliable than random Sherdogger #953366871.

Why even bother arguing Buster?

;)
I'll usually give someone a chance to step up before dismissing them as a troll. You never know, he might post official hacked copies of Nate's contract and bout agreement for 202.

Given that Nate's disclosed salary was $2 million, $10 million with PPV sounds reasonable, especially since Conor reportedly made a bit more. I hope Conor Nate 3 isn't next, but if so, it'll be bigger than 202, and I wouldn't blame Nate for starting out at $20M.

Nate doesn't deserve 1/4th of that. He will take what the UFC offers or go back to 50k/50k. Or he can stay retired and play patty cake with his brother.

When you're a champion, or someone with a decent record. A Journeyman has no leverage.

That's not how shit works at all. The second fight did great. Sure, because of Conor, but the upset made it intriguing. Plus, he was very competitive in the second fight as well. He has every right to try to strongarm them into a huge deal. Of course he won't get 20 mil, but he would be an idiot NOT to try to rob them blind here.

He's one of the factors this whole trilogy thing is something that people are excited about. He's not 'the journeyman' in these particular negotiations anymore. C'mon man, you can't be this stupid...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! "Backed up by Yahoo" refers to Yahoo quoting the "Big Brand Boys".

Dana himself said Nate was only getting his contract amount, no PPV.

But Shertards will continue to believe anything about the Dope Smokers.

Dana is your source? hahahhahhahahahhahaaah

Dana is your source? hahahhahhahahahhahaaah

Dana never said that about the second CM fight though
He said Nate would not be making PPV points in his next fight because he is not a draw without Conor

Now outside of the fact three top sources said he did & the fact his manager is suing him for that money, any logical person would realize that if DW has to state that Nate is not getting PPV without Conor, that he obviously did lol

From what I heard Nate Diaz got like ~ 3.75 million dollars for the rematch. 2 million guaranteed pay, plus PPV points. I heard he got $1 per PPV buy, which would be around 1.75 million, but it could have been 50 cents per buy. The UFC didn't disclose the PPV point numbers.

Lmao, them voices in your head aren't legit. Sorry to tell you.

Nate spent all his Conor money on weed and black t shirts smh

all i can say to that is GOOD, i would MUCH rather see Mcgregor fight the winner of Lee/Ferguson or even that sideshow Khabob

Got it.

I understand that he's under contract. But this fight benifts the UFC more that it benefits Diaz or Mcgregor. He knows he's not getting 10 million but it would be stupid not to negotiate. Connor's definitely the A side but you can't say Diaz isn't a draw. The's a reason Mcgregor/Diaz sold more than Mcgregor /Alvarez.

Sure he isn't some nobody or a guy that could be easily on an undercard. Yeah, I'll give Nate that much. He's a name. He isn't some major draw though. He's never been a superstar that's a game changer on a card really. And he actually had an opportunity to really try to brand himself after those two Conor fights with all the extra exposure he got, but like always he acted stubborn and foolish and wasted the opportunity. Nate could have gotten a fight with Cucoy which would have been great for him, and that's a great match up for him compared to the other top guys at 155. But a 3rd fight with Nate is pointless especially since Nate hasn't been active, and so many other guys bring really exciting match ups for Conor that actually deserve the fight.

Back