• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaz reportedly 'pricing himself out' of 3rd McGregor bout

When your bum life has already been changed it's gonna cost you a little more to make him go out there and get more brain damage. I mean come on, it's not like Nate was some kind of rocket surgeon to begin with!

Yea, I mean you have a point. I'm worried that Nate holding out might make him irrelevant. However, a lot of people pointed out that McGregors 2 highest selling events (which he drove) were against Nate Diaz. His fight against Alvarez didn't do as well. So if Nate is the 2nd half of the drawing equation, he might do well by holding out. If McGregor defends against Ferguson and the fight flops (PPV buy wise), then the UFC will throw money at Nate for the rematch.

Conor's fights all have significant leaps in PPV buys.

How can you attribute that to Nate's popularity and not Conor's meteoric rise?

Doing Conor - Nate 3 right now is utterly stupid from a business perspective.

From what I heard Nate Diaz got like ~ 3.75 million dollars for the rematch. 2 million guaranteed pay, plus PPV points. I heard he got $1 per PPV buy, which would be around 1.75 million, but it could have been 50 cents per buy. The UFC didn't disclose the PPV point numbers.
I saw sources say $13 million for Nate and ($15 million for Conor) for the 2nd fight, so maybe $20 million for a 3rd fight, that should be bigger, isn't so far fetched. Of course, it's impossible to verify, and the UFC doesn't want that getting out. The guy that leaked it is probably in a hole in the desert.

https://www.google.com/amp/southlan...-to-make-15-million-nate-diaz-13-million/amp/

Not ready for the rubber match yet. Mcgregor should be fighting the winner of Ferguson - Lee.

Hopefully he keeps demanding that silly amount so this goofy fight does not happen yet.

Diaz remembers how badly his face and leg were fucked up last fight, so he’s asking for $20m because that’s how much it’ll take him to agree to take another beating like that.

giphy.gif
God I love seeing this, it's fooking priceless!

Why would they though?
They wouldn't go to $50 million, but they could increase over the rematch for the same reason they went up for the rematch.

They paid Nate big money for the rematch because they had little choice, except to not do it at all. It was the only fight that Conor wanted, and they knew it was bigger than any other fight they could book.

Diaz wants to be set for life for this fight, can't blame him.

I thought Diaz had priced himself out of their second fight, but he ended up getting his paper anyways, so kudos to him.

This fight sucks though, and their second fight is horribly overrated.

Ufc can afford to pay $50mil
Diaz ain't worth 50 million.
McGregor ain't worth 50 million.
In MMA, nobody is worth 50 million.

Ya see, this is the monster that Dana and company has created. You make your bed, now you have to sleep in it.

They wouldn't go to $50 million, but they could increase over the rematch for the same reason they went up for the rematch.

They paid Nate big money for the rematch because they had little choice, except to not do it at all. It was the only fight that Conor wanted, and they knew it was bigger than any other fight they could book.
I bet they would pay him a little more. But not $50 mil.

Jesus, nobody has a higher opinion of themselves due to moderate success than the Diaz bros. I was happy that Nate beat Conor, but Jesus dude if you don't wanna foght anymore just say so

Back