Dexter

MaureenCretis

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Seriously, why has it taken me so long to try any US TV "box set" show? They've been popular over here for years - 24, Game of Thrones, Prison Break, Deadwood, Breaking Bad. I've ignored them all. Well, except Breaking Bad, and I gave up on that one eventually (the fly in the lab one finished me off).

Anyway, I'm about 1/3 through season 3 of Dexter, and it's a fucking masterpiece. The only problem, of course, is that any legit tension is lost because I know there's 8 seasons, but it's still a great story.

Where do I go after this one? Game of Thrones won't work as my wife and I aren't big on stuff with dragons and wizards and shit. Drugs, death and mystery seem a bit more like it. Is it The Wire next? CSI has David Carruso, who I loathe, so that isn't happening.

You're so late to the game. Have you been living in some cave in Afghanistan?

Guess we don't usually have much time for TV, been binging over the holidays. And since my wife is now 12 weeks pregnant, we're going to have a lot more time at home in the coming months. I even bought a PS4 so I'd have something to do in between night time bottle feeds...

I'm not sure how S3 is gonna go, but as it stands, I wish Jimmy Smits would be my friend.

I am also struggling to decide which of the women in the show I would most like to boink.

It gets kinda meh in the later seasons but its hand down my top five fav!

The GOATEST show of all time.

giphy.gif

cucumbers & cream cheese sandwiches.

When meant to stop watching, BTW - I've heard I should miss out S5 and S6, I've also heard I should stop completely after 4. Views?

When meant to stop watching, BTW - I've heard I should miss out S5 and S6, I've also heard I should stop completely after 4. Views?
Dont listen to them. It was good series from start to finish. The earlier seasons were easily better but I enjoyed it as a whole. Dont let people dictate what you enjoy.

Dont listen to them. It was good series from start to finish. The earlier seasons were easily better but I enjoyed it as a whole. Dont let people dictate what you enjoy.

Thus far, you're the only person that's advised watching the entire thing. I'm inclined to take your advice, given that I won't be short of time in the future...

Thus far, you're the only person that's advised watching the entire thing. I'm inclined to take your advice, given that I won't be short of time in the future...
Yeah I say give it a chance and if you dont like it then dont watch. For all the people who hated it there was still alot of people who loved it. I just dont like going off other people's opinions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back