Dexter

The GOATEST show of all time.
Close but not quite.
tumblr_inline_nrupvex1jm1sti26u_500.gif

Seriously, why has it taken me so long to try any US TV "box set" show? They've been popular over here for years - 24, Game of Thrones, Prison Break, Deadwood, Breaking Bad. I've ignored them all. Well, except Breaking Bad, and I gave up on that one eventually (the fly in the lab one finished me off).

Anyway, I'm about 1/3 through season 3 of Dexter, and it's a fucking masterpiece. The only problem, of course, is that any legit tension is lost because I know there's 8 seasons, but it's still a great story.

Where do I go after this one? Game of Thrones won't work as my wife and I aren't big on stuff with dragons and wizards and shit. Drugs, death and mystery seem a bit more like it. Is it The Wire next? CSI has David Carruso, who I loathe, so that isn't happening.

Dexter was amazing for the first four seasons or so, but then completely fell of a cliff. It actually became unwathchable (for me) at a certain point. While I'm not going to give any spoilers, I just want to say that I hate Deb (his sister) - a truly awful character with a non sensical story arch.

He got to see Julie Benz and Yvonne Strahovski buck naked.

Don't watch the last episode lol. Just don't.

Just stop after this season. The rest is pain and misery.

One to four are brilliant.
Five was pretty good.
Six is bad.
Seven and eight are garbage.

In fact, season eight is so bad it feels like it's just making fun of itself.

200.gif

When meant to stop watching, BTW - I've heard I should miss out S5 and S6, I've also heard I should stop completely after 4. Views?
Season 1,2 and 4 were the best but yeah S5 and S6 were some of the worst. S7 at least improves itself and good to watch for Ray Stevenson's performance.

For Ray Stevenson's other work, you should really check out Rome

Season eight was almost as bad as the books, but... Nothing was as bad as the books. Nothing.

In the books,
it turns out his "Dark Passenger" really is another being, it's an immortal demon possessing him. It eventually leaves Dexter and without it he's weak, pathetic and miserable, so he begs it to come back, and it does. I wish I could say that was some kind of metaphor, but sometimes an immortal serial killer demon is just
an immortal serial killer demon.

Considering that you can binge watch seasons 5-8 I say go for it. Watching them week to week was pretty excruciating but I think being able to burn through them quickly will make those seasons more enjoyable.

After you finish being disappointed with Dexter you can cheer yourself up by watching him blow bbc in Six Feet Under

After you finish being disappointed with Dexter you can cheer yourself up by watching him blow bbc in Six Feet Under

How do you know it was BBC?

Did you watch the special unrated version?

And was it called Sixteen Inches Under?

How do you know it was BBC?

Did you watch the special unrated version?

And was it called Sixteen Inches Under?
I guess it could have been SBC :confused:

Back