DEXTER Discussion - Lumberjack Edition

Thank you.

So basically they didn't have the balls to end the show and Dexter let's his son be raised by his gf for the time being so in 2-3 years they can tell us Dexter is BACK and do another few seasons.

How did Deb get shot?

From what I gather it is a fate worse that death for Dexter, to die is to let it go, but he wanted to be with Hannah and Harrison but he can't and he misses Deb so this exile is fine, just funny that he is a lumberjack. Deb Got Shot by the Show's final villain , he stabbed a US Marshall and took his gun and shot deb in the stomach before getting away.

From what I gather it is a fate worse that death for Dexter, to die is to let it go, but he wanted to be with Hannah and Harrison but he can't and he misses Deb so this exile is fine, just funny that he is a lumberjack. Deb Got Shot by the Show's final villain , he stabbed a US Marshall and took his gun and shot deb in the stomach before getting away.

So Oliver is still out there? Dex didn't even kill him?

So Oliver is still out there? Dex didn't even kill him?

Dexter Killed him, the cops got him in custody then Dexter pretended to do a DNA test, he provoked Oliver into stabbing Dexter with his pen in Dexter's shoulder, Dexter overpowered him and stabbed him in the neck with said pen. When Quinn and Angel reviewed the tape they found it to be self defense , basically turning a blind eye

Dexter Killed him, the cops got him in custody then Dexter pretended to do a DNA test, he provoked Oliver into stabbing Dexter with his pen in Dexter's shoulder, Dexter overpowered him and stabbed him in the neck with said pen. When Quinn and Angel reviewed the tape they found it to be self defense , basically turning a blind eye

Thanks man you da bes.

So much disappointment in this finale. Would have rather seen Dex and Deb hook-up.

wait so
the last guy of the last season of the last episode after all of these years dexter stabs in the neck with a pen?

where they just trying to go anti-climatic as possible or something? I mean seriously were they just sitting around saying how could we have
dexter kill this guy in the least exciting way possible? we need to make this really boring

Deb getting shot was hilarious, i don't know what was worse that or Harrison falling off the treadmill.

wait so
the last guy of the last season of the last episode after all of these years dexter stabs in the neck with a pen?

where they just trying to go anti-climatic as possible or something? I mean seriously were they just sitting around saying how could we have
dexter kill this guy in the least exciting way possible? we need to make this really boring

At the beginning of the episode he was going to let the dude get arrested, for the first time in his life , he would rather be with his Girl and His son rather than make a kill , he had him tied down and everything and was going to take care of him Dexter style. But he decides to call Deb so that she can arrest him, he makes his way to the Airport. But at the same time The killer gets freed when the US Marshall sees him tied up , that back fires on the Marshall as he gets stabbed in the chest and Deb walks in and gets shot. Then at the Airport Dexter finds out Deb gets shot and goes to her, The Killer who also got shot by Deb has his injury stitched up by some vet he takes hostage then he tries to finish Deb at the Hospital but there is too much security and he gets caught and put in prison, then in custody to little pen thing was the best he could come up with since the killer was in custody with cameras on him.

The finale sucked bad. freaking fail for real

i never saw that. i googled it and just saw it. awesome. it's so bad it's good.
Deb getting shot was hilarious, i don't know what was worse that or Harrison falling off the treadmill.

Dexter is a truck driver not a lumberjack GDPK.

I have no major issues with Dex being a lumberjack. It makes some sort of sense at least. What doesn't make sense is the entire season leading up to the finale. Way to much wasted time on filler useless plots with filler useless characters that didn't do anything.

I would have killed Deb off earlier in the season, never introduced Saxton and made Dexter the fugitive, running away from Miami PD/US Marshals like Harrison Ford, but guilty. Batista/Quinn/Lem/Private Detective v Dexter

have him get caught or die, or maybe even be a lumberjack.

Show has been horrible ever since rita died

I wasn't too big of a fan of this finale. But then again I really didn't set my expectations that high seeing as the show has consistently downhill for the last few seasons.

I thought the alternate ending with him on the executioners table would have been really good though.

It needed to keep the Dex vs Deb storyline going and be the central idea of the show. Sort of like how Breaking Bad had Walt vs Hank as the big plot for it's final season.

Show has been horrible ever since rita died

With the exception of Season 7, I agree with you.

Having Deb find out about Dexter's secret and watching her deal with it and rationalize throughout the whole season was great... including the shocking choice she makes in the season finale. Not to forget Ray Stevenson's guest role as an european gangster was great as well... and Hannah's fling with Dexter was well written IMHO, but she should have stayed gone and not make an appearance in the last season.

I know I'm one of the few, but I consider season 7 the twinkle of quality the show had missed since season 1-4. And I may consider it better than season 3.

With the exception of Season 7, I agree with you.

Having Deb find out about Dexter's secret and watching her deal with it and rationalize throughout the whole season was great... including the shocking choice she makes in the season finale. Not to forget Ray Stevenson's guest role as an european gangster was great as well... and Hannah's fling with Dexter was well written IMHO, but she should have stayed gone and not make an appearance in the last season.

I know I'm one of the few, but I consider season 7 the twinkle of quality the show had missed since season 1-4. And I may consider it better than season 3.

I totally agree. I thought season 7 was proof that Dexter could still be a great show and it made me look forward to the next season like no previous season had. It made me raise my expectations to season 1-4 era.

Which made it so much worse when season 8 was awful.

Anyone who thinks the finale for The Sopranos was a cop out either wasn't paying attention to the show or just doesn't know what that phrase means. Either way:

tumblr_mhtu3fyy9v1qk6zdio1_400.gif
It never ceases to amaze me how many people call the ending to The Sopranos a copout; it was astonishingly perfect.
Dexter is a truck driver not a lumberjack GDPK.
No, Dex is a lumberjack.
Wow. Someone else who actually can read between the lines.
No, reading between the lines is what is required to understand the brilliance of The Sopranos finale. Meanwhile, the notion that Dexter chose to disappear into obscurity like Batman shows how poorly you read the ending. I thought this was painfully obvious, but it seems that it's escaping quite a few people. Here's the Micknotes:
Dexter isn't alive. He didn't survive the storm and escape to some remote town in Maine. He died in the storm. This final scene is purely metaphorical. Why is he a lumberjack? Think about it. What do lumberjacks use? Chainsaws. It's a metaphor signifying that he never escaped the cycle of blood; he is forever doomed to wield the implement of his making.

The morality tale is that violence yields violence, and even if sometimes it seemed that Dexter offered a measure of justice where the system failed, ultimately, the show is a meditation on why vigilantism is self-defeating. Justice is something that can only truly be achieved in a social dimension; murder outside of this dimension isn't truly justice, and is therein a canker that spreads and corrupts the life of the one who wields it no matter the intent. Any objection to this is firmly contradicted by the events of the show: Rita is murdered in front of Dexter's own son (repeating the cycle), Deb is morally and spiritually compromised, numerous innocents close to Dexter suffer or die, and The Code deteriorates completely to the point that Dexter isn't just getting his own co-workers killed who pursue these murderers, but he ventures to kill one himself (not to mention the dozens he killed who didn't fit it).

That shot of him in the cabin is of Dexter in his own personal purgatory. He never defeated this cycle; he merely perpetuated it. He is doomed to live inside of it.
That was the correct interpretation of the show's entire meaning and Dexter's character, finally (it seemed they forgot it for 4 seasons). The reason it was awful was that it was pulled off so clumsily, and everything leading up to it contradicted it. It completely defeated the purpose of his self-actualization by not killing Oliver. It was sloppy, confused, and unearned. That's all apart from the fact that this entire last season was mostly filler with no ideas or purpose. I've already enumerated those problems.

Last edited:
Back