Devil's Minions Team-summer Squat Competition

<--Look at my post count Minions:icon_twis

Who's got the Devil's favor now?

Exerpt from Today's 5x5 workout

Squats
5x190x5

I bumped up every set by 5 from last week. It was really tough I finished it but I was barely ready for it I'm sure many of the reps were piss poor form. I'll stay at this weight again for next week.

<--Look at my post count Minions:icon_twis

Who's got the Devil's favor now?

You can only post in the Training logs until Sep. 22nd so your post count won't change. I will try to get mine to 666 too.
:icon_twis

Exerpt from Today's 5x5 workout

Squats
5x190x5

I bumped up every set by 5 from last week. It was really tough I finished it but I was barely ready for it I'm sure many of the reps were piss poor form. I'll stay at this weight again for next week.

Good work Mettalhead. I think that is a good strategy. Stay at that weight and keep the form tight. Once it feels locked in, add 5 pounds.

Here's the results of my first day of the Smolov cycle, with 345 as my 1rm:

Smolov Back Squat Cycle
8 x 225
8 x 225
8 x 225
5 x 240
2 x 260
2 x 260
1 x 275​

So far, so good. Tomorrow is more of the same. The Minions are taking this contest, no doubt in my mind. I might even pull out the creatine or something for this baby, I'm really into this contest.

Is it more beneficial for the team to use a 5rm or 1rm?

I don't really get how we win, lol.

Worked up to 205 on front squats today, also did some Rdl's, GM's and GHR's. Ill be posting a vid in here soon, cheers

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y0LJ2BnOb-I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y0LJ2BnOb-I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BW = 162

So wait... is the nuge on our team? Because he isn't on the list on the first post but he talks like he is? I am confused

Thanks. I'm gnna keep front squatting til I hit my back squat 1rm(235), then prolly gonna switch over to back squats and go on the 3 a day smolov cycle, aka the "intense phase."

Back