Destiny, v10: Are we ready for some new content yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm genuinely excited about the new content, but it's somewhat discouraging to know they can't seem to keep up with demand. Ideally I'd like a $20 content dlc every 3 months with an annual larger $40-60 expansion. Good quality stuff obviously. I'd love for them to drop the weekly live microtransaction fests and just focus on lasting content.

I'm genuinely excited about the new content, but it's somewhat discouraging to know they can't seem to keep up with demand. Ideally I'd like a $20 content dlc every 3 months with an annual larger $40-60 expansion. Good quality stuff obviously. I'd love for them to drop the weekly live microtransaction fests and just focus on lasting content.
With lack of content being the number 1 gripe and activision hating missing out on money more than anything it's safe to say this is how Destiny 2 will be and explains them holding off release for another year. They severely underestimated how ravenous the core fan base could be and know now content is everything. To ignore this fact will undoubtedly kill the series.

ran the nightfall and got a horn kit why do those cunts have those in the nightfall loot table.

I did a nightfall this week, got 294 boots, remembered why I stopped doing nightfalls. I'm debating stocking up on three of coins because I have a feeling they'll eventually be removed.

The nightfall isn't going to be rewarding top level gear anymore, so instead of saying "294 boots" look at the roll. That's just the way the game is right now... nightfall is yet another chance at a good roll on a lower-light weapon.

It is what it is. Nightfall is only a 280 LL strike, how are people thinking they're going to be getting raid-light-level gear from that activity? If you want the higher light level gear you have to head into the raid or Trials. Most of the raid weapons are purely infusion fodder anyway, so look out for a good roll (even if the light is low on all weapons) and use your higher level stuff to infuse.

just another activity to ignore in Destiny...is that what they want? i doubt it, and there is virtually no roll that will get someone excited about 284 gauntlets.

just another activity to ignore in Destiny...is that what they want? i doubt it, and there is virtually no roll that will get someone excited about 284 gauntlets.

Yeah, I don't bother, but we've been playing for a long time. Nightfall has transitioned from being a full-on end game activity, to being some kind of stepping stone between story content and the raid. It's there, just like Court of Oryx, to get you some gear to help you level up to about 300LL so you can easily jump into the normal mode raid or do some Iron Banner/ Trials.

I hear you about the gauntlets, but some people are working on different builds and a good roll on 280 gauntlets isn't necessarily a bad thing. Especially when you have your gauntlet selection box full of 300+ raid gear with mediocre rolls.

there is so much wrong with the loot right now imo, so i'm not even going to start, but if they are going to raise the light level they might as well open the flood gates a bit. if i thought i even had the chance to score something cool from the nightfall i would have already done it this week. as it is i can't come up with a reason to even play.

there is so much wrong with the loot right now imo, so i'm not even going to start, but if they are going to raise the light level they might as well open the flood gates a bit. if i thought i even had the chance to score something cool from the nightfall i would have already done it this week. as it is i can't come up with a reason to even play.

I'm in that same spot. To No Land Beyond+sidearm people using the meta is why I play a couple times a week now. Or if I feel like a dick I'll grab my Thorn/Felwinters and blink shotgun people.

Connections were terrible on Xbone tonight. My raid team couldn't stay in a party to save our lives, and without fail one of us got booted to the homescreen about every 10 minutes. We fought through it and were trying to help a couple CM virgins kill Oryx but after each phase he wouldn't move from the center. He would just sit there and everything was just all glitchy as hell. We tried going to orbit, multiple fireteam leaders, and most of us had to reset our Xbone's just to get back on. Frustrating and a waste of time!

Edit: Looks like this was due to the Xbox servers, and no fault of Bungies. Fair enough.

Last edited:
You guys think they'll up the classes from 3 to 6 in Destiny 2?

no clue

looks like the IB starts again next tuesday. sniper rifles and rocket launchers, oh my.

Is it rift again?

* prepares to not play Destiny for another month *

It is what it is. Nightfall is only a 280 LL strike, how are people thinking they're going to be getting raid-light-level gear from that activity? If you want the higher light level gear you have to head into the raid or Trials. Most of the raid weapons are purely infusion fodder anyway, so look out for a good roll (even if the light is low on all weapons) and use your higher level stuff to infuse.
I'm not worried about the LL of the gear that drops I just hate getting a horn kit, strange coins, 3oC , or a gun I already have especially when it is the same exact gun I had equipped. only reason I ran it this week was for the Imago Loop and it never dropped until I got a random invite but it had shitty perks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back