Destiny, v10: Are we ready for some new content yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StabbyMcHatchet

Add StabbyMcHatchet on Instagram Facebook Twitter
@Brown
Reaction score
Last thread was close to 1000 posts:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/destiny-v9-the-taken-king.3075331/

Quick links:
destinylfg.net
destinylfg.com
destinypublicevents.com
IronBanner.info
Destinytracker.com
Destinystatus.com
Destinytrialsreport.com
wastedondestiny.com

https://destinyexotics.com/
destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny_Wiki
www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/
destinyghosthunter.net

If anyone want to message me their Username and Platform, we can start a Sherbro community here and I can update the list. I'll start.

NOTE: Xbox 360 and PS3 lists were deleted (No Sherdoggers on those platforms)

Xbox One: Sherdog name followed by Gamertag said:
Cheese = Shoeless Clown
Darkballs = CajunDevil
Dogstarman = Dogstarman1974
Fijeeto = Rkz Galvatron
KNN = kienanxslap
Pliny Pete = BiggPanch190
PRIDEWASBETTER = quarterbacksnk
Ronwah = Average Boab
StabbyMcHatchet = StabbyMcHatchet
usmctanker242 = USMCtanker242

PS4: Sherdog name followed by Gamertag said:
Ashton = ashtonfrederick
CubicleGangster = OcSherlock
electricsheep81 = SmokingIsBaddd
Fraz = DadoFraser
illuminaughty = ASAP_Tragik
pinger = banjoping
rikwebb = rikwebb
SaiWa = Saiwa930
thebluerider = rrdouble
TheWorm = Newtondanewt

Last edited:
Stabby, you picked up an XB1?!?!

I'm still on 360 but I could have sworn that there were a few others. Maybe they haven't posted recently.

I log on to the challenge mode raids with a friend and that's it, they need to go back to the old DLC model.

Quoted from a Reddit post on how to get through Crimson Doubles like a chump/champ/boss depending on perspecitve:

"
So tonight my buddy and I tied a rubber-band around our ps4-controllers and equipped Touch of Malice - so that we would kill ourselves every round. Then I went to bed and got up exactly 8 hours later. The time between two reward screens is approximately 4 minutes and 21 seconds (depending on how long matchmaking takes).

So we went through roughly 110 rounds of rewards."

Needless to say, according to the poster, they got a whole hell of a lot of nothing. That's actually a very interesting method as it's looking like the drop rates are pretty poor. A massive survey was conducted and, although there is polling bias, it looks as though a 320 shell drop rate is at about .2%. LMAO

Here's the sauces:

Crimson ToM Cheese
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ow_crimson_doubles_will_rank_up_your_faction/

Poll Survery Drop Rates
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...crimson_doubles_drop_rate_survey_and_results/

Jesus fucking Christ, Bungie FINALLY gave us some news about what they are working on :

This week at Bungie
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44353

-Later this spring we're going to see a significant light increase
-More gear
-New challenges for PvE players

"Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017."

So OK, we're getting some new PvE shit here in the spring, probably May, and then another large expansion probably in September. As for the sequel, well, we all knew they had postponed that, but I'm not too butthurt about it. Destiny 2 really needs to have a different engine which makes development more simple.

Stabby, you picked up an XB1?!?!

I'm still on 360 but I could have sworn that there were a few others. Maybe they haven't posted recently.
Yeah bro, I got an Xbone. Loving it. Not many Raiders and Looters left on the 360 these days. Most of us have moved to the One.

Quoted from a Reddit post on how to get through Crimson Doubles like a chump/champ/boss depending on perspecitve:

"
So tonight my buddy and I tied a rubber-band around our ps4-controllers and equipped Touch of Malice - so that we would kill ourselves every round. Then I went to bed and got up exactly 8 hours later. The time between two reward screens is approximately 4 minutes and 21 seconds (depending on how long matchmaking takes).

So we went through roughly 110 rounds of rewards."

Needless to say, according to the poster, they got a whole hell of a lot of nothing. That's actually a very interesting method as it's looking like the drop rates are pretty poor. A massive survey was conducted and, although there is polling bias, it looks as though a 320 shell drop rate is at about .2%. LMAO

Here's the sauces:

Crimson ToM Cheese
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ow_crimson_doubles_will_rank_up_your_faction/

Poll Survery Drop Rates
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...crimson_doubles_drop_rate_survey_and_results/
Maybe the reward drop values are based on performance?

I'm still playing a few hours here and there but I've still to do any raid at all. I'm off work for a week at the end of March and I'm determined I'll find people to bang out VoG, Crota and KF with.

Oh and new thread stuck :)

Maybe the reward drop values are based on performance?

It's highly unlikely that they would completely change the way that rewards are given just for Crimson Doubles, but if you read the source from Reddit where the guy did a huge survey, I think you'll see that it doesn't really matter win/lose. The entire DestinyTheGame subreddit is pretty much full of people upset about the drop rates... especially upset about the lack of 320 ghosts which were advertised. Granted, they didn't say they were a guarantee or anything, but with a drop rate of ~.2%, that's pretty much a "Fuck You" to the players.

I'm still playing a few hours here and there but I've still to do any raid at all. I'm off work for a week at the end of March and I'm determined I'll find people to bang out VoG, Crota and KF with.

Oh and new thread stuck :)

There's tons and tons of people on the100.io who will help people through raids. Just set a time when you will be available and ask for a Sherpa, and people will join your game and show you the way. The raids are fucking awesome! If you have bought The Taken King, don't expect any good rewards from VoG or Crota though. Either way they are fun as hell to play, and satisfying... especially VoG.

There's tons and tons of people on the100.io who will help people through raids. Just set a time when you will be available and ask for a Sherpa, and people will join your game and show you the way. The raids are fucking awesome! If you have bought The Taken King, don't expect any good rewards from VoG or Crota though. Either way they are fun as hell to play, and satisfying... especially VoG.

Yeah, I just want to do VoG and Crota for the experience more than anything.
Believe it or not I've got 600+ hours logged on this game and I've only been in a fireteam twice :)

Yeah, I just want to do VoG and Crota for the experience more than anything.
Believe it or not I've got 600+ hours logged on this game and I've only been in a fireteam twice :)

The fuck?? haha I used to play solo a lot, but after I got my first character to level 20 (Pre-TDB days) there just isn't much else to do solo.

with a drop rate of ~.2%, that's pretty much a "Fuck You" to the players.

My "Fuck you" to bungie is not playing Destiny lately. It's weird. I don;t even miss it. I guess I played it so much that I feel satisfied? I will play it when IB comes around again, unless it's Rift.

My "Fuck you" to bungie is not playing Destiny lately. It's weird. I don;t even miss it. I guess I played it so much that I feel satisfied? I will play it when IB comes around again, unless it's Rift.

I hear you man. Towards the end of the HoW era my entire raid team, me included, quit playing for about a month. Probably 2 weeks before TTK dropped a few of us came back and started getting spun up again. I didn't miss it at all. Destiny is an amazing game, but I feel like too many people (again, myself included) play only this game for long periods of time and then get grumpy once we've absolutely exhausted all of the content.

I'm excited for the future of Destiny and I'm glad they finally gave us some inkling of what's coming in the future. It has been a long time since we've heard about anything except for these silly PvP events.

Last edited:
Not sure how excited I am really. Maybe. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the content is like.

Holy Shit!

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44361

Guaranteed 320 ghost as long as you compete in 7 matches of Crimson Doubles. Hell yeah!

Now that's some good shit right there... Bungie admitting something was messed up and actually fixing the problem, rather than stating that a bug was found after the fact and too bad/so sorry. Cheers for Bungie doing a good thing for the community. Guess I'm going to have to get my ass in there, just for the gear.

Edit: Ghosts will be delivered to postmaster starting on the 23rd

-Note: You must actually compete, no suicide pacts.

Finished up my 7 matches in Crimson Doubles and even did quite a few more matches to finish up most of the bounties. It was a good time... I posted on the100.io that I was dogshit in the crucible and was only there for the free ghost, and got a good teammate who just wanted to have fun. We won probably 50% of the matches we played, and had a good time bull-shitting. The Crimson Candy is absurd... gives you and your teammate a buff to the upgrade rate of your weapons. Pretty useless for most people, but oh well. Nothing good dropped for either of us, but I'll be happy to take my 320 ghost here in 10 days.

Not sure how excited I am really. Maybe. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the content is like.
Watch it not happen. Activision won't see a DLC release 2 years in as a viable option. There simply won't be enough people around at that point. They'll put it in Destiny 2 along with the other raid they've held on to from the beginning that should be released now. Unless of course they changed their mind and have decided to not hold on to it for Destiny 2 with all the public outcry regarding lack of content. Even still, planning a fall release will add more insult to injury.

Last edited:
Well I guess they heard the outrage regarding ghost drops for crimson doubles. Bungie announced that if you play (or played) seven matches (suicides don't count) you'll get a guaranteed 320 ghost shell at the postmaster by the 23rd of Feb.

Well I guess they heard the outrage regarding ghost drops for crimson doubles. Bungie announced that if you play (or played) seven matches (suicides don't count) you'll get a guaranteed 320 ghost shell at the postmaster by the 23rd of Feb.

Yep, I posted this last night. I went ahead and found someone off an LFG site and it was actually a good time. Both of us got the rose shader, and the emblem is a reward for completing the 7 games questline by Shaxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back