Destiny, v10: Are we ready for some new content yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not worried about the LL of the gear that drops I just hate getting a horn kit, strange coins, 3oC , or a gun I already have especially when it is the same exact gun I had equipped. only reason I ran it this week was for the Imago Loop and it never dropped until I got a random invite but it had shitty perks.

I hear you about the horn kit... what a crock of shit. I think the emotes aren't a bad deal for a reward, and no matter what strange coins will always be useful. Once the next update hits and new exotics are released strange coins will be a valuable reward again. You can always use them to buy heavy ammo synths and either stock up, or trade it to your faction for rep. I also don't have a problem with 3oC as a reward either... usually they give out 8+ so that's almost a guaranteed exotic engram.

what new exotics are they going to release? I've been looking forward to the new titan boots dunemarchers because the way my builds are now I'm too damn slow in pvp I wonder if they will stack with the mida.

what new exotics are they going to release? I've been looking forward to the new titan boots dunemarchers because the way my builds are now I'm too damn slow in pvp I wonder if they will stack with the mida.
I'm not sure which exotics they are going to release or when, but I'm assuming we will see some new ones here in the "spring update" whenever that may actually be.

Iron Banner starts tomorrow.

HEADS UP: ! The Rank 5 package glitch has been fixed, but it will now replace your Rank 3 package if you haven't picked it up. So make sure to pick up your Rank 3 package before you hit Rank 5, or you will lose your Rank 3 package. Really, it's a few coins, motes, and a 310 artifact, so it's not a huge deal to long-time players. But to some of the newer players that can be a huge issue... the reason I started playing IB was to get my first 300+ artifact, and I almost shit my pants when I got one at 310! haha Mind you, this was prior to Challenge Mode dropping for the raid.

Sauce: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44372/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---02182016
Text is at the very bottom of the page

"Finally, Iron Banner will be returning February 23rd. Noted in the Update 2.1.1 patch notes, the following issues have been resolved:
  • Players no longer need to return to Orbit to receive Rank 5 package rewards
  • Lord Saladin will now display a waypoint when Rank 3 and Rank 5 packages are available
  • Please Note: Players will lose Rank 3 packages if they are not retrieved before reaching Rank 5 "

Hey all, looks like if you hold down your right trigger (or fire button) while holding down the "pick up heavy ammo" button, your weapon will actually shoot on everybody else's screen and will do damage to the enemies, all the while not taking heavy ammo away from you. Very interesting and situational.

What a laggy fucking mess Iron Banner is. People are showing as green bar and are still taking 5 seconds to die after a headshot. Get your shut together Bungle.

I've seen little to no lag today. We did have 1 guy who was a hard red-bar and he was glitching all over the place. I reported him for Bad Connection and haven't come across him again.

The drops have been crazy... I got 2 pairs of gauntlets in my first 5 games, with one of the having a great roll and being 300LL. I saw tons of legendary gear dropping, and this was within an hour or so after IB had launched. Looks like they fixed the gear drop issues as I've never seen legendary gear drop until I've reached rank 3. This has been the case for my raid group as well.

Clash is definitely my favorite mode for IB and I've really enjoyed it so far. Got my 320 ghost today as well... I got the Crimson one, so I'm happy. I don't care for the roll, so I'll just infuse into my raid ghost and I'm set.

Just logged on to find out that my gamertag had changed without my knowledge. A bit of confusion for a bit there. Check email and saw that I got a notice from xbox/support that "Darkgonads" is sexualized and racist. So I've been reassigned (apparently at random) HappyCalf6656.

Tried to change it to something else and microsoft wants to charge me ten bucks to do so. And this happens literally one day after they charge me for renewal.

^^^LOL...but that's crap about them trying to make you pay.

unless i'm missing something, the sniper rifle and missile launcher look like crap.

They used to make you change your name. Guess they figured out that wasn't such a good idea.

^^^LOL...but that's crap about them trying to make you pay.

unless i'm missing something, the sniper rifle and missile launcher look like crap.

What's wrong with the rocket launcher sold by Saladin? It has "3 in the Tube" and "Tracking." Not too shabby, but the roll on the sniper rifle isn't very useful. It's not an issue though, gear is dropping like crazy, left and right. I'm up to my 5th pair of gauntlets, 3 of them with good rolls and all of them except for one dropped above 300LL.

I'm at Rank 3 with my Warlock and I've had an absolute blast so far in this Iron Banner. Lots of snipers hard scoping for an entire game, but oh well, leaves them wide open for a flank.

the base stats look shitty. that blast radius on the rl is pathetic, as is the impact on the sniper rifle.

Just logged on to find out that my gamertag had changed without my knowledge. A bit of confusion for a bit there. Check email and saw that I got a notice from xbox/support that "Darkgonads" is sexualized and racist. So I've been reassigned (apparently at random) HappyCalf6656.

Tried to change it to something else and microsoft wants to charge me ten bucks to do so. And this happens literally one day after they charge me for renewal.

Yeah, this same thing happened to a buddy of mine whose gamer tag was HarryMcNuts. He logged on one day and was now QuietColt###. As long as no one reports you for it, it doesn't seem to be a problem though.

the base stats look shitty. that blast radius on the rl is pathetic, as is the impact on the sniper rifle.

The sniper rifle is high rate of fire, low impact, and super high aim assist. It's actually fun as hell to shoot, but it's not of the 1kYS archetype. I like the rocket launcher, but to each their own. The only launcher I ever really use anymore is Truth and sometimes the raid one in Crucible if I'm already running an exotic for my primary.

blast radius is crucial in pvp, and the IB siniper being low impact is criminal. this game just can't get it right for me right now.

played a bit last night. my last couple of games had some serious lag, but overall it was fun. i did not get any noteworthy drops, but saw some 310 gauntlets drop which is a good thing.

Oddly got a 310 blue (rare) artifact as my rank 3 reward. Never seen one of those before.

First day was great in terms of connection issues. But the last two days have had bouts of serious lag. Seems to happen more often when I'm playing against a fireteam. Don't know if it's people gaming the system or bungie just sucking.

Oddly got a 310 blue (rare) artifact as my rank 3 reward. Never seen one of those before.

First day was great in terms of connection issues. But the last two days have had bouts of serious lag. Seems to happen more often when I'm playing against a fireteam. Don't know if it's people gaming the system or bungie just sucking.

Yeah, all Rank 3 rewards are 4 motes, 4 coins, and a 310 blue artifact. That is what initially brought me to IB back when my best artifacts were sub-300. My raid team also goes into IB together, and I'm on the east coast and most of them are in the pacific northwest, so we usually encounter a bit of lag when we play together. That's probably why you're noticing a bit more lag when you're going against fireteams... just par for the course in online games where people are playing cross-country. There's just no way around the speed limit of light.

My raid team also goes into IB together, and I'm on the east coast and most of them are in the pacific northwest, so we usually encounter a bit of lag when we play together. That's probably why you're noticing a bit more lag when you're going against fireteams... just par for the course in online games where people are playing cross-country. There's just no way around the speed limit of light.

Could you tell me how to check my game connection through Xbox One? Also, what makes the connection bad for me? What I mean is, when I'm popping 3-4 head shots on a guy and registering no damage, only to have him casually turn around and insta kill me with an auto rifle from across the map, is it my connection that is slow, or his?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back