Destiny, v10: Are we ready for some new content yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you tell me how to check my game connection through Xbox One? Also, what makes the connection bad for me? What I mean is, when I'm popping 3-4 head shots on a guy and registering no damage, only to have him casually turn around and insta kill me with an auto rifle from across the map, is it my connection that is slow, or his?

With Destiny who in the hell really knows what's going on with the netcode and the actual connection. The best tool we have, in game, is to look at the color of the bar next to the persons gamertag. If the bar is green then they should have a pretty good ping and your interaction with them should be fairly close to real-time. If the bar is yellow or red then it's anybody's game and basically it's a crapshoot. I've also noticed that if anybody on either team has a yellow or red bar it can screw up everybody else.

I feel your pain with what you're describing as it happens to me, but then I look around after I get killed and notice that I was being team-shot or there was a grenade that also aided in my death. It feels like a robbery for a minute, but then when I see what's really going on it's almost always a clean kill. I'm also kind of an idiot sometimes and rush into a close quarters fight even though my health still isn't full. It's small stuff like that which really makes me flip out. haha

i had interesting night last night. lost my first 2 games, won one, then lost 10 in a row. easily the worst streak i've ever had. i finished off with a couple of wins. fuck

What a laggy fucking mess Iron Banner is. People are showing as green bar and are still taking 5 seconds to die after a headshot. Get your shut together Bungle.
I don't know if they put it out yet but they was talking about a damage referee in pvp that was suppose to delay the dmg you take from laggy player and what not but I haven't seen shit and red bar players are still being the top scorers.

i had interesting night last night. lost my first 2 games, won one, then lost 10 in a row. easily the worst streak i've ever had. i finished off with a couple of wins. fuck
I had a few bounties left over from the last IB that was control for my hunter where I just needed 1 more win for that play 14 matches & 7 wins it took me 6 matches and a new controller to get it.

i feel your pain. it took me 14 matches to win 2 to finish that bounty off. it was a weird night. i have one of the normal bounties left over from the last banner...score 2500 and win the match. it's pretty tough to score 2500 in clash. still have not completed it.

Just read some post over on bungie seems like this new match making and dmg referee is screwing other players up too glad I'm just not as shitty as the match results say I am.

Just read some post over on bungie seems like this new match making and dmg referee is screwing other players up too glad I'm just not as shitty as the match results say I am.

I haven't had any problems with it at all. This IB has been fun, and for the most part, there's been very little lag. We did have a guy who was a green-bar and he wouldn't go down unless my team and I, together, shot him. It was a bit frustrating but we still laughed about it.

I saw something I had never seen before during Iron Banner the other day. A player on the enemy team left but shortly after I saw his name appear , in white, and he was killing former teammates. He didn't show up on the score board or anything but he was able to kill and be killed by his former team.

hit level 5 last night. a lot of weirdness. the damage i've been doing has been all over the place. the fucks gave me a bond in my level 5 package again. the loot is so broke. give me something i can use! 6 pairs of gauntlets on my way to level 5. all worthless except for the marks they are worth. all under 300 light. got a 285 sniper, too. its fine but i don't have 25 raid special weapons lying around to get it to a usable light level, so it's pretty much worthless, too . bungie is a fucking clown show imo.

I haven't had any problems with it at all. This IB has been fun, and for the most part, there's been very little lag. We did have a guy who was a green-bar and he wouldn't go down unless my team and I, together, shot him. It was a bit frustrating but we still laughed about it.
I've had nothing but trouble I'd go from 1.5 - 2 k/d a match down to under .5 with the only difference being guys with greenbars not taking dmg and killing me through walls. I play more then their bars drop down to red I stick my grenades to their heads and it doesn't count they barely take any dmg or any at all. Even with my hunter I blink shotgun ppl and although I feel like a dick it seems like that is the only way I can get kill with my hunter it's sticky grenade seems just to pass through other players half the time and the melee doesn't do shit. The mida doesn't seem to work unless I'm at a long range shots I know I landed with the AoS don't count the only gun that seems to work is the IB handcannon and the imago loop. All iron banners have lag it's nothing new but when bungie said they did something to give laggers a handicap and it's not true it really pisses me off when yellow and red bar players are still winning.

This game reminds me of the 2nd year of call of duty's before they were able to patch things. Except now they are able to patch and use it to further fuck things up. The smart thing to do would be to release the first ever patch that deletes all prior patches. Bring this shit back to launch day.

So I got all 3 of my guardians to level 5 in IB last night and it wasn't too bad :

317 boots on my Titan which I actually needed
316 shotgun which was good infusion fodder
312 hand cannon with decent perks

I'm happy with the drops in this IB.. I've seen tons of sniper rifles drop, but never saw a rocket launcher drop. I ended up with 3 different rolls on the sniper rifle and it's such a fun rifle to use. The impact is dogshit but the rate of fire is amazing, so with a max stability roll the thing is like a scout rifle but with some serious damage.

Also, by some serious luck, I got to 5 wins on Trials and got the helmet. That's a first for me, so it was pleasant.

so the game play has been deteriorating for me every day of the banner. today was laughable. matchmaking was a joke and my bullets would just stop working in the middle of the game. the best thing i got out of this was a couple of ghosts. pathetic. because of the shitty game play i can't even say i had any fun. worst experience ive had with destiny.

ok enough bitching

3 rank 5 packages 3 ghost at ll 310 first IB of yr 2 gave me one at 320 & 318 only got one gun in the packages which is going into my hardlight I really dislike the ToO auto rifle has no range or impact yet it's kills at pulse rifle range. Got teabagged for self rezing I really dislike playing as a warlock with its slow ass glide and downward jump angle all and all shitty IB hopefully they just start blocking laggers instead of waiting for them to do something. Plus the rewards was garbage nothing dropped for my titan besides a couple purple engrams yet my hunter gets the sniper rifle 4 or 5 arm pieces + the helm and my warlock got the RL and 4 purples endgrams. Does normal pvp loot get in the IB loot table?

Just logged on to find out that my gamertag had changed without my knowledge. A bit of confusion for a bit there. Check email and saw that I got a notice from xbox/support that "Darkgonads" is sexualized and racist. So I've been reassigned (apparently at random) HappyCalf6656.

Tried to change it to something else and microsoft wants to charge me ten bucks to do so. And this happens literally one day after they charge me for renewal.
Pricks.

I'll update the list.

I missed this IB again, but this time because I was on holidays in a tropical country, putting my liver to the test for seven days.

I haven't played since before the PREVIOUS IB. I came close to putting it in last night, but ended up playing CoD instead. I am starting to get the itch for some Destiny again though, after being away from it for over a month now.

We were running a fresh KF raid last night and we were all green-bars but we hit a "wall" when we got to Golgoroth. Totems was a pain as the brand was acting pretty strangely, and we had yellow-bar-sword-knights just popping in and out of existence. We finally got through it and had no problems with Warpriest, but holy high hell Golgoroth was a nightmare. The gaze-taker did his normal thing standing still with a clear sight line to Golgy, but the balls were just all over the place and he kept on dying. So we switched to our primary gaze-taker and he was also having problems. Then, I was number 2 so I would take the gaze from the bridge at the end of the DPS phase, and even when I was sniping his back with 2 seconds left it still wouldn't give it to me. We had problems where no matter what we did the fucking bubbles would not drop from the ceiling, no matter how much we shot them. After about an hour of this crap we just gave up. Going to give it another go tonight... hope it was just a fluke and not some new bullshit creeping its way into the netcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back