Rewatch Derrick Lewis vs Francis Ngannou highlights

At least Jones fought his ass off and wasn't scared like Ngannou, you know Jones actually threw punches.
Touché, but I think Francis has overcome that issue, barring his knee problems and not being able to strike against gane anyways

Now compare Reyes and Santos skillset vs "I don't train anything on the ground or train any cardio" Derrick Lewis
Wasn’t saying that it wasn’t a bad fight. Just pointing out every fighter has bad fights. Also keep in mind Derek Lewis has the most KO in the ufc (tie now) so what he does is effective, as fucked as it might seem to the rest of us.

TS is right Francis is delusional to think he beats Jones. Jones does not possess one punch KO power. Although, he will shoot for a takedown, it will happen and Ngannou will be tapping shortly after. It’s honestly a no brainer.

I was certain this one was gonna end in round 1. Guess not.

It's not really got anything to do with him being scared of Jones but he was terrified of Lewis, you could see it from the weigh in. Typical bully tbh, only confident when he's the bigger hitter.

And Jon Jones arguably lost to Reyes and Santos…

…and he’s had one fight at heavyweight and it was against a guy who literally can’t grapple. Taking down and submitting Ngannou isn’t going to be a cake walk. You can spin this stuff any you want. The Lewis fight tells us nothing about his chances against JJ.

Yes, the Francis who fought Lewis is the same guy who defended Miocic's takedowns, was landing leg kicks, reversed his TD on a switch and knocked him out in their second fight. Exact same fighter. No question. What's next, you're going to tell us that Francis' leg injury wasn't real against Gane?

Jones should be favored against Francis in a theoretical fight considering his history, but we know so little about Jones at Heavyweight - movement and cardio with added weight; chin against bigger guys; defense and durability as he's gotten older - while also being aware that Francis has true kill shot power that it isn't isn't crazy to think that Ngannou knocks him out either.

It's not really got anything to do with him being scared of Jones but he was terrified of Lewis, you could see it from the weigh in. Typical bully tbh, only confident when he's the bigger hitter.
Lewis hits hard and makes scary faces.

Delusional to think he beats Jones. Derrick was actually landing some kicks in the first. I don't think Ngannou has the mental fortitude to beat Jon. Scared to pull the trigger, scared to get KOd, scared to engage, scared to lose

I agree with you 100%. He would never beat Jones, and he knew it. It bailed out of UFC before his mystic was ruined. He just signed in a league that very few watch compared to UFC. He will be like Demetrious Johnson, move to another league and be all but forgotten.

I still can't believe I was dumb enough to bet on this one not going the distance. :oops:

You know ngganou has fought more since then right? And all but 1 of his wins since were by ko?

How 'bout Stipe and Gane fights? Ngannou looked far worse in all three of those fights than Jon ever has, and Jon has fought in like 15 title fights.
The HW division just hits different. You're comparing Ngannou's performances at HW (11/12 wins by finish btw) to Jones' 1 performance at HW and the rest of his LHW wins? Is this MMA math class?

Last edited:
Delusional to think he beats Jones. Derrick was actually landing some kicks in the first. I don't think Ngannou has the mental fortitude to beat Jon. Scared to pull the trigger, scared to get KOd, scared to engage, scared to lose

It's actually delusional to think it's impossible.

People love to talk shit about Jones being scared of Ngannou when Ngannou himself was scared of a journeyman like Black Beast, if somebody have show FEAR in the past is Francis, not Jon Jones.
Maybe Francis was scared of his Lewis' KO ability? The important thing is Ngannou fought him. He didn't refuse to fight him, like some HW champs.

"Had a bad fight"? It was arguably the most boring fight in heavyweight history against one of the most predictable, one dimensional fighters on the roster, by the self proclaimed baddest man on the planet. Then the other striker at heavyweight where he had a chance to stand and bang and prove to be the BMF, he resorted to lay and pray
<Dany07>
TS is triggered by Ngannou telling Jones to cross the street.

Maybe Francis was scared of his Lewis' KO ability? The important thing is Ngannou fought him. He didn't refuse to fight him, like some HW champs.
Scared is scared and lol at acting like fighting Black Beast require balls for this top guys.

And Jones have never fought scared in the octagon like that.

I don’t think Jones has Black beast power.

Back