Rewatch Derrick Lewis vs Francis Ngannou highlights

Lol, that fight was no barometer for either of their styles, as both guys were ridiculously wary of the others KO abilities, and played it super cautious.

Francis isn't worried about one punch KO power coming from Jon, as he has none.

But - The wrestling factor might make him less aggressive in rushing in, worrying about Jones timing shoot entries.

Ngannou had a bad fight, big deal. Few fighters are on their game everytime.
"Had a bad fight"? It was arguably the most boring fight in heavyweight history against one of the most predictable, one dimensional fighters on the roster, by the self proclaimed baddest man on the planet. Then the other striker at heavyweight where he had a chance to stand and bang and prove to be the BMF, he resorted to lay and pray
<Dany07>

Horrible fight. Francis redeemed himself with a string of ko's after that though.

Now it seems like he is not interested in fighting anymore.

I thought this was a joke thread because I didn't think any notable highlights exist of this fight, but I guess there are a few. Either way, they both looked terrible during this fight. Francis didn't show the skillset or mental fortitude to beat Jones. At least not in this fight.

francis-ngannou-gets-punched-by-derrick-lewis-ufc-226.jpg
i

Delusional to think he beats Jones. Derrick was actually landing some kicks in the first. I don't think Ngannou has the mental fortitude to beat Jon. Scared to pull the trigger, scared to get KOd, scared to engage, scared to lose

Yeah no shit that's why he fucked off the the Performance enhancing Fighters League

How 'bout Stipe and Gane fights? Ngannou looked far worse in all three of those fights than Jon ever has, and Jon has fought in like 15 title fights.
The gane fight I’ll give him a pass because his knee was fucked. The stipe fight, assuming you mean the first one, he hadn’t leveled up yet. It was that fight, and a little of the Lewis fight that taught him lessons to make him reach his full potential. Much like the first Gustafson fight for jones. Only difference was jones got the win

Even hinting at comparing those fights to this one shows you don't know what you're watching lol
Meh, I wasn’t comparing the fights, just pointing out every fighter can’t be this huge phenom in every fight. And to bring up fights from that long ago is meaningless. Francis has developed into a different fighter, and probably so has jones. Jones is at a different weight class even. So TS is just trolling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeKa
Back