Derrick lewis got BEAT yet nobody noticed @stupid fans? Why the UFC hates GRAPPLING ufc 247

Lewis lost 29-28 no other way to judge that fight. I was so frustrated over that. Worst decision of the night

giphy.gif

LATIFI WON ROUND 1?? on what basis!? Latifi didn't get any takedowns and got out struck by more than 2:1. dear god. are you honestly giving this man a 10-9 round because he had underhooks for a matter of seconds?

please watch the fight again man. if this isn't some weird troll bait then your posts are quite regrettable.

Dude.. just a FYI.. You are arguing with a guy that had a thread claiming he is one of the founding fathers of mma.
These days I ignore him its simply a waste of time.

The general public is pretty ignorant but we've always known this

especially in the lucrative american market the average fan doesn't know much about technical grappling skills but they can appreciate the most basal instincts

The scenario of an athlete throwing a big strike while another athlete loses control over their body and falls to the canvas is the kind of winning any body can understand

Not only was Derek Lewis the hometown boy he also entertained the crowd with his unique style

Derek Lewis is the kind of guy that goes out there looking for the neutron bomb and that's why hes a big draw

he got beat at UFC 247 but nobody seems to notice because he was the more entertaining fighter and "wowed" the crowed with ridiculous Antics like jumping knees without any setup whatsoeve

He whiffed 95% of his strikes and the tiny few that landed bounced off the Armenian tank

he got slammed on his ass over and over, was held down all night long and pinned against the fence like a Hollywood prop unable to do a single thing to advance his agenda

he only escaped the Armenian one time and it was for a big rally...yet Latifi stalled and coasted relying on his borring out point strategy

... jokes on him cause Houston judges can't count

Lewis would have koed him if he fought smart...his power was evident

I'll give him credit for that

but winning the first minute and the last minute is a Fool's way to win a fight but apparently there's a lot of fools out there.... you go bro

*nobody noticed because jones got beat on the same night
Your post is full of grammatical errors and misspelled words, all while calling people stupid no less. That being said, you are right! Lewis lost that fight and, unlike Reyes vs. Jones, it wasn't close.

Nonsense. Jones landed 2 takedowns; 1 in the 4th and 1 in the fifth, and most people agree he won the striking in those rounds anyway. He won because each of the judges gave him at least one of the second or third round. No takedowns were landed in those rounds, and thus, the judges gave them to Jones either because of a perceived striking advantage, or for being the one walking forward.
Jones lost the first 3 rounds and won the fight.

Ahhhhhh.....

A thread 5 pages that doesn't mention Conor Mcgrecgor.

Oh No. NO! I JUST DID. IM SORRY SHERDOG I JUST...N0! NOOOOOOOOO......M

Ahhhhhh.....

A thread 5 pages that doesn't mention Conor Mcgrecgor.

Oh No. NO! I JUST DID. IM SORRY SHERDOG I JUST...N0! NOOOOOOOOO......M

What are you on about?

If you're saying Jones won the fight then you're speaking to the judges' opinions. And they say he won either round 2, 3, or both.

If you're saying Jones lost the rounds then you're speaking to your opinion or other fans' opinions. And you and those others say he lost the fight.

What are you on about?

If you're saying Jones won the fight then you're speaking to the judges' opinions. And they say he won either round 2, 3, or both.

If you're saying Jones lost the rounds then you're speaking to your opinion or other fans' opinions. And you and those others say he lost the fight.
you have a stupid face.

i win.

Dude.. just a FYI.. You are arguing with a guy that had a thread claiming he is one of the founding fathers of mma.

Isa mad because i started one of the 1st MMA gyms in American history and was fighting in shooto competitions before he was paying $100 an hour to learn Judo from a Brazilian

#kittykat avatar

*read profile

pretty certain Lewis only got one escape and was taken down 4 or 5 times to ZERO

HE SPENT ALL NIGHT GETTING DOMINATED IN THE GRAPPLING ASPECT OF MMA

dumb fans hate grappling and smart ufc promoters gives em what they want

Latifi should've done more with his top control time other than just stalling. You should cry less.

Lay and pray... this old mixed martial arts tactic is tried-and-true and a known way to win fights all be it a boring one...the fact is grappling domination used to win MMA fights but nowadays it doesn't

one of the most efficient strategies in combat is to dominate your opponent in the grappling sphere...

they will then do something dramatic trying to get away from you at which time you can finish him

if your opponent is wise enough to stall and hold on themselves instead of actively try to escape then the referee will stand you up and the contest will no longer be a grappling chess match but a hugging contest on the ground waiting for the magical referee reset....

Kind of similar to crawling out of bounds in grappling Sports not wise enough to penalize this Behavior

It makes sense because audiences don't want to see "all that hugging"

they want to see people throw licks

remember they are trying to appeal to the lowest common demographic denominator throughout the general pro wrestling fan base and those people do not appreciate a tactical game of grappling for a superior position in order to force your opponent to make a dramatic attempt to escape at which time you may be able to finish him...

this is an old school tactic and no longer permitted in America's corporate mixed martial arts world

You MMA fans need to learn this valuable lesson from the sport of wrestling...

When you allow a corporation to manipulate the contest to make the sport more exciting you may be surprised at the outcome

The day that they stop a stand-up exchange because "ain't no one being effective enough" and force people to go down to the ground to start grappling is the day the grappling "stand-up" will be a legitimate inclusion in mixed martial arts

Goodbye gracie vs sakuraba hello kimbo vs abbot

Yes, he got BEAT. No one cares because they only care about their favourite fighters, big fights and nothing more.

If people start making claims about it, this would be changed by now. But, as you said, no one cares.

The reason fans want nothing but stand up exchanges is the same reason an action scene with a ton of machine guns is more extreme and exciting than single, accurate shots.

Fans are a bunch of dumb beer swilling monkeys who want to shout about extreme things always and never a slow down. It takes knowing what you're looking at when the battle is against the cage, and that's not extreme!

Latifi should've done more with his top control time other than just stalling. You should cry less.

you should think more...

You have it backwards!!

Lewis should have done more to escape the dominant position lilir had him in

You see lilir was smart to stall because he was in a dominant position... Lewis knew he could just lay there and hold on waiting for the referee to magically extricate him from his inferior position at the behest of the ravenous crowds

The take-home message is the person winning the positional fight isn't the one that should be pushing!!!

it's the person that's losing the positional fight that needs to make the effort to overcome

If Derrick Lewis had escaped latifis hold downs and fence pushes while delivering effective striking he would have won that fight

The fact is he didn't... he just laid against the fence and laid on the floor waiting for the referee to magically extricate him

Idiots have it backwards Derrick Lewis was the one stalling all night lilir was the one winning all night

Lewis won the 1st and last min of the fight

Last edited:
Your post is full of grammatical errors and misspelled words, all while calling people stupid no less. That being said, you are right! Lewis lost that fight and, unlike Reyes vs. Jones, it wasn't close.

You looking for a proofreading job??

At least you know how to score a fight

Jones lost 1/2/3 and drew 4th...he only won the 5th because reyas rested on his overwhelming points lead and coasted in on cruise control

oh, thank you for the PSA. I figured it was some weird troll thing

oh, thank you for the PSA. I figured it was some weird troll thing

(Hold hands and commiserate)

Nice to see you bois bonding...

However

I have some bad news....

I am a founding father of American MMA

#DO YOUR RECON

Back