Denver and the state of Colorado are massively overrated.

Denver is awesome. It’s true that ever since weed was legalized, tons of people have moved there and it’s gotten more crowded, worse traffic, etc. By and large though, it’s a great city, and whether you like hiking, skiing, city life, or whatever, Colorado has it.

There's good and bad, as with anything. Overall, it’s a great place to visit.

Pros:
Mountains/trails/parks/outdoor activities
Good brewery scene
Pot
Good sports teams and sports culture, in general
Meet people from all over
Good blend of city and rural activities
Boulder, Estes Park are fun towns, if you want to avoid big cities

Cons:
Traffic
High cost of living
Drug addicts everywhere
Homelessness is rampant
Some parts of Denver are a bit sketch
The yuppie/hippy/cycling cultures can be a bit much at times(we get it; you like to ride your bike everywhere, only drink craft beer, shop at Whole Foods, etc.)

Last edited:
The snobbery from wait staff i have experienced. Fort Collins being the worst instance with some soft handed hipster at Odell’s brewery

Also at 12 degrees in Louisville. Waiter was a cunt and unfortunately for him I tip accordingly.

Lumpy Ridge and the other brewery in Estes Park (can’t recall the name)people couldn’t have been any nicer.

But seriously how do you have insomnia in a place with recreational Marijuana?

Have a childhood buddy that's lived in Castle Rock for a decade or so now, works in Denver, and while he loves the landscape of the state, he's not a huge fan of the area, especially the cost of things and the drug/homeless problem. I've yet to visit, but looking forward to it sometime soon. If I hate it as well, at least it's just a vacation!

Denver sucks now, but Colorado is the greatest patch of land on God's earth and i'll bury you in it if you keep talking shit

I loved it when I visited but I'm not a loser.

Then for the rest of the state of Colorado, yeah it has nature but that seems to be about it. When you take the nature part of the equation, you just feel like you are in Silent Hill (movie or game) with the kinds of people you see in the state. Weird state with some weird cities man.
"When you take the natural beauty, including gorgeous, diverse mountains, valleys, tunda and plains, as well as jaw-dropping topography, some of the cleanest water on earth and absolute serenity, it's really overrated"
960x0.jpeg

1388771392000-Capitol-Peak-robert-fullerton-iStock.jpg

l-intro-1667771465.jpg

It's like being in IRL Skyrim dude. What the hell is wrong with you?

1 million percent YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

worst state ever. everyone is insane. youre not wrong TSi lived there for 6 months and do NOT miss it. ppl are wierd. everything costs a million dollars the food is terrible and yeah

did you get a MAJOR serial killer vibe when you were there? i did. people would come up to me at bars and say insane shit about hurting other people/ shooting people/ just general anger. totally unprompted, out of the blue strangers. think i talked a mass shooter out of killing ppl at a totally normal middle class bar. cant put my finger on why. i thought it was the ratio that was off way too many dudes no pussy

i think all the billionaires bang all the chicks and there is no pussy for the comman mang

You only named places in CO that are highly populated. "The overabundance of new faces dulls the keen edge of hospitality."

If you visit the smaller cities, such as Pueblo, you'd find the hospitality you seek.

There's also a bunch of stuff to do, including community-oriented events.

Great post, but Pueblo sucks lol

Back