Denver and the state of Colorado are massively overrated.

Mystic Mac Miller

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Staying here right now (and yeah insomnia hitting hard) and this is the 8th time I have visited the city and the state in the past five or so years. I have gone to Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs, and Aspen. Everyone hypes the state up as being heaven and every time I go, it is depressing as hell compared to most other states I have been to.

Every time I have visited Denver and the state of Colorado, I have found the place depressing.

1. Most of the people are on drugs or hopped up on some serious narcotic. One time on my flight back, years ago, I saw one dude hopping around like crazy with pink eyes when we were going through the security checkpoint and the security did absolutely nothing. Like this crazy bum is going to get on a flight with someone and security saw it, didn't do jack.....incompetent morons.

2. People are rude and smug. You go to a restaurant and every waitress or waiter talks down to you. They seem to brag about their beer and do it in a condescending way. Like we get it, you don't serve Guinness or Modelo here but you staring intensely at us with your eyes wide open as you explain why your no-name beer from some irrelevant brewery is great is not convincing me to get it.

3. The people give off a very shady vibe as if you are in a horror flick. You cannot talk to strangers normally and when you do, it seems like you are talking to someone that has something seriously off with them. You don't meet as many decent people there as you would in a lot of other states even if you are making small talk with strangers in a bar.

4. Denver felt really unsafe as well. I walked around and saw more homeless tents than usual and the homeless seemed way more aggressive than in other cities. Walking around at night was made me feel more uneasy than doing it in a city like NYC, Boston, Miami, or even Atlanta. Like WTF happened.

Then for the rest of the state of Colorado, yeah it has nature but that seems to be about it. When you take the nature part of the equation, you just feel like you are in Silent Hill (movie or game) with the kinds of people you see in the state. Weird state with some weird cities man.

Sounds like Washington

TBH, majority of the west coast sucks. I never got the hype about it outside of good Mexican and Asian food alongside some good nature. The people are largely unbearable and every state has its share of unique wackos.

Arizona is crackheads and meth heads galore.

Utah is religious fanatics.

Oregon is overcompensating soy boys.

Washington is not as bad as the others by comparison.

Colorado just flat out sucks.

I thought it was mainly drugged out hippies that hype the state. Your description matches the type of people I've met that like it.

Fuck you too

that being said
after it got legalized public highness did increase notable and all the Coloraqis moved to dabs

and yea Denver can be pretty unsafe
I grew up around feds (federal blvd) so not the hood hood but a pretty gritty place

really it's the suburban middle class with ski racks on their cars who have that Colorado paradise

Last edited:
I am from Louisiana and I am aware that not every place seaons their food like we do. I was impressed with the freshness of Denver's food, but disappointed that they didn't bother to season it. They used fresh ingredients, cooked them well (not over or undercooked) but it was like they never heard of spices. The last time I was there I was on a work trip for a week and every place we went to was like that. One of my coworkers is from there and even her recommended places were just so bland.

That being said, I like the mountains and think it would be a good place if you liked outdoor activities which I do.

Staying here right now (and yeah insomnia hitting hard) and this is the 8th time I have visited the city and the state in the past five or so years. I have gone to Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs, and Aspen. Everyone hypes the state up as being heaven and every time I go, it is depressing as hell compared to most other states I have been to.

Every time I have visited Denver and the state of Colorado, I have found the place depressing.

1. Most of the people are on drugs or hopped up on some serious narcotic. One time on my flight back, years ago, I saw one dude hopping around like crazy with pink eyes when we were going through the security checkpoint and the security did absolutely nothing. Like this crazy bum is going to get on a flight with someone and security saw it, didn't do jack.....incompetent morons.

2. People are rude and smug. You go to a restaurant and every waitress or waiter talks down to you. They seem to brag about their beer and do it in a condescending way. Like we get it, you don't serve Guinness or Modelo here but you staring intensely at us with your eyes wide open as you explain why your no-name beer from some irrelevant brewery is great is not convincing me to get it.

3. The people give off a very shady vibe as if you are in a horror flick. You cannot talk to strangers normally and when you do, it seems like you are talking to someone that has something seriously off with them. You don't meet as many decent people there as you would in a lot of other states even if you are making small talk with strangers in a bar.

4. Denver felt really unsafe as well. I walked around and saw more homeless tents than usual and the homeless seemed way more aggressive than in other cities. Walking around at night was made me feel more uneasy than doing it in a city like NYC, Boston, Miami, or even Atlanta. Like WTF happened.

Then for the rest of the state of Colorado, yeah it has nature but that seems to be about it. When you take the nature part of the equation, you just feel like you are in Silent Hill (movie or game) with the kinds of people you see in the state. Weird state with some weird cities man.

You only named places in CO that are highly populated. "The overabundance of new faces dulls the keen edge of hospitality."

If you visit the smaller cities, such as Pueblo, you'd find the hospitality you seek.

There's also a bunch of stuff to do, including community-oriented events.

You only named places in CO that are highly populated. "The overabundance of new faces dulls the keen edge of hospitality."

If you visit the smaller cities, such as Pueblo, you'd find the hospitality you seek.

There's also a bunch of stuff to do, including community-oriented events.

Doesn't Pueblo have one of the highest crime rates in the US?

The state that based its economy on being the first place to legalize drugs has some shady folks??

Huh.

Love Colorado especially the west. Durango, Ouray, Silverton, and Telluride are all great towns. Tons of swimming holes and rivers to float. Get away from the big cities.

I wouldn’t know. I’ve never been there. All I know is that, at Seattle’s airport, it’s easy to pick out the people who live there. They’re either Chinese, or they’re white guys who look incredibly depressed (probably because of the weather) and have big nappy beards.

I've visited Denver plenty of times for business...Was never impressed.

Back