Denver and the state of Colorado are massively overrated.

Oh damn, I would hate to have to do pickups at SeaTac, the traffic in and around that area is God awful. It's a veritable haven for potential road rage incidents.
ya, i guess doing delivery helps sometimes, i don't always flip out in those situations like maybe i could if I weren't used to being surrounded by maniacs. I struggle with all crowding issues though at least some of the time. Crowded places will make me lose my temper and I hate the same in traffic, don't understand why people have to tailgate when the road is wide open, it's the stupidity and the little nagging idea that I have to watch people like they're little kids so they won't screw something up and it irritates me to no end when I'm not up to the shit.

ya, i guess doing delivery helps sometimes, i don't always flip out in those situations like maybe i could if I weren't used to being surrounded by maniacs. I struggle with all crowding issues though at least some of the time. Crowded places will make me lose my temper and I hate the same in traffic, don't understand why people have to tailgate when the road is wide open, it's the stupidity and the little nagging idea that I have to watch people like they're little kids so they won't screw something up and it irritates me to no end when I'm not up to the shit.
I hear ya man. Sometimes I dream of moving to the country just to be be done with all the poking and prodding that happens in a big city. Got a friend out in Cheyenne, WO who's always selling me on that place. The landscapes are breathtaking but the cold is a bit much. Plus I know if I move out to the sticks I'll be itching to get back in the rat race after a few months. That's the catch 22 of the city life, it wears you down but also build your tolerance for friction and action, so that when you try to escape it for peaceful pastures your mind starts spinning hot for lack of hustle and grind.

Staying here right now (and yeah insomnia hitting hard) and this is the 8th time I have visited the city and the state in the past five or so years. I have gone to Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs, and Aspen. Everyone hypes the state up as being heaven and every time I go, it is depressing as hell compared to most other states I have been to.

Every time I have visited Denver and the state of Colorado, I have found the place depressing.

1. Most of the people are on drugs or hopped up on some serious narcotic. One time on my flight back, years ago, I saw one dude hopping around like crazy with pink eyes when we were going through the security checkpoint and the security did absolutely nothing. Like this crazy bum is going to get on a flight with someone and security saw it, didn't do jack.....incompetent morons.

2. People are rude and smug. You go to a restaurant and every waitress or waiter talks down to you. They seem to brag about their beer and do it in a condescending way. Like we get it, you don't serve Guinness or Modelo here but you staring intensely at us with your eyes wide open as you explain why your no-name beer from some irrelevant brewery is great is not convincing me to get it.

3. The people give off a very shady vibe as if you are in a horror flick. You cannot talk to strangers normally and when you do, it seems like you are talking to someone that has something seriously off with them. You don't meet as many decent people there as you would in a lot of other states even if you are making small talk with strangers in a bar.

4. Denver felt really unsafe as well. I walked around and saw more homeless tents than usual and the homeless seemed way more aggressive than in other cities. Walking around at night was made me feel more uneasy than doing it in a city like NYC, Boston, Miami, or even Atlanta. Like WTF happened.

Then for the rest of the state of Colorado, yeah it has nature but that seems to be about it. When you take the nature part of the equation, you just feel like you are in Silent Hill (movie or game) with the kinds of people you see in the state. Weird state with some weird cities man.
Place sucks came from Europe in 98 it was interesting then now it is just shit hole. I just do not get people that brag about beer. And this place brags about it more then anybody. It got in and out restaurant so now they think they are California in mountains. Crazy place for normal person or is hippies north criminals in denver where ever you go you will somebody who thinks you.need to listen to them

Have been living in Colorado since 2008 and downtown Denver since 2019. Can confirm that the homeless problem is getting reallyyyy bad. Nevertheless I think Denver has a lot of redeeming qualities and I still love living here, but downtown specifically is a far different place now than it was a few years ago.

Lived in Denver for 6 months during the start of the pandemic and have visited many times before and after. Western Colorado is absolutely gorgeous, Eastern Colorado is empty and ugly AF. Denver itself I do like, it's 30 minutes to an hour from thousands of amazing trails, very close to snowboarding/skiing, has every sport and lots of activities to do in the city. The worst thing about Denver is the ugly ass people with all the fashion sense of a homeless person, it's filled to the brim with a bunch of rejects from CA and NY, feels like Portland lite, it also doesn't feel like a community or have a real identity, transplant community basically.

Also like a lot of major cities the homeless population went through the roof once the pandemic hit. Went before COVID a few times and never noticed so many homeless people.
Trails.you can hike trails one or two times for certain amount of time until it gets boring
State is boring as hell

Have been living in Colorado since 2008 and downtown Denver since 2019. Can confirm that the homeless problem is getting reallyyyy bad. Nevertheless I think Denver has a lot of redeeming qualities and I still love living here, but downtown specifically is a far different place now than it was a few years ago.

Nice to have a local weigh in. What year did it turn for the worse?

There's like a gravel race every friggin week. Lol!

5ac992dd-8f4b-42a6-b28e-281c4ea750d2_text.gif

Nice to have a local weigh in. What year did it turn for the worse?
aren't places like denver too cold for homelessness? I heard minneapolis has low homelessness for that reason. I have a cousin who is homeless in fairbanks alaska, he's nuts, poor guy.

aren't places like denver too cold for homelessness? I heard minneapolis has low homelessness for that reason. I have a cousin who is homeless in fairbanks alaska, he's nuts, poor guy.

Minneapolis has a shit tonne of homeless now according to a couple of people I know that live in the city.

I hear ya man. Sometimes I dream of moving to the country just to be be done with all the poking and prodding that happens in a big city. Got a friend out in Cheyenne, WO who's always selling me on that place. The landscapes are breathtaking but the cold is a bit much. Plus I know if I move out to the sticks I'll be itching to get back in the rat race after a few months. That's the catch 22 of the city life, it wears you down but also build your tolerance for friction and action, so that when you try to escape it for peaceful pastures your mind starts spinning hot for lack of hustle and grind.
solitude rarely bothers me at my age. When I was young I used to go through loneliness but I've had so many idiots come through my life I'll take the peace. The only thing that might bug me about the places like fairbanks isn't the pace necessarily, it's the slackness, you'll be waiting or have to ask a waitress to refill your coffee or what have you, that doesn't happen nearly as much in the city.

Anyway, last night was one of those nights where I could not take the crowding as I picked up orders. They often don't have them ready and so I'll have to wait and hear "are you in line" even though I'm damn near standing in the street and once some bimbo bumped me i just walked. It's not the workers or the customers fault, it's capitalism, what's bad for everyone isn't what's bad for the owners. Same thing everywhere. Just too goddamned many people and sometimes I lose it too.

Minneapolis has a shit tonne of homeless now according to a couple of people I know that live in the city.
Wow, that's a cold place to be sleeping on a bench. So.., what does everyone really believe has caused the massive surge in bums?

Wow, that's a cold place to be sleeping on a bench. So.., what does everyone really believe has caused the massive surge in bums?

We should ask someone from these cities. As a general comment changes in crime, homelessness, or economic prosperity are rarely due to a single (or even 2) factors. They are usually the result of several factors combining to push an outcome over the edge.

We should ask someone from these cities. As a general comment changes in crime, homelessness, or economic prosperity are rarely due to a single (or even 2) factors. They are usually the result of several factors combining to push an outcome over the edge.
sure, i'm just wondering what some opinions might be, even the pat, "they just don't wana work hard".

sure, i'm just wondering what some opinions might be, even the pat, "they just don't wana work hard".

COVID gov't money is surely just one factor (paying people not to work). There is the idea, "the more you pay, the more you get".

COVID gov't money is surely just one factor (paying people not to work). There is the idea, "the more you pay, the more you get".
ok, thanks, i'm not judging answers, just trying to field a few and see what the good doggies think.

Colorado is kind of the forerunner on drug (at least marijuana) culture. Reality is the vast majority of people that use it regularly are massive losers who have convinced myself it is a great lifestyle to smoke daily.

as for the rude part, it is a state full of liberals, especially in the city. a large portion of people in that area are condescending dickheads who think their opinions and ideals are better than yours

Back