Dennis Hallman > Matt Hughes ?

Yeah, when he broke Tim's arm, just before the auto-accident.

yeah I know he beat wes sims 2 times then broke Tims arm

yeah, that guy would murder prime cro cop and barnett

sure...:icon_chee

Not even close, compare careers, titles held, and quality of opposition and then come back here and make that claim with your newfound knowledge. Thank you.

Hallman is proof that gsp is better than Hughes.

Gsp improves and avenges his losses hughes has lost to multiple people multiple times.

lol@thinking Nog is still in his prime, and lol@you not understanding the sentiment of the conversation.

nog's career is better. more wins, less losses, better wins, better losses. nog > mir. period.

i never said he was in his prime you moron.

just pointing out the revisionist history and bias some of you obviously have.

i agree that nog has the better overall career but he isn't the better overall fighter. no version of nog beats the Mir that subbed and knocked him out.

no version of nog beats the Mir that subbed and knocked him out.

Yup there is no way Nog could win the second fight. He was just getting his ass kicked. Sure. Dont let that hipsters mentality to cloud your judgement.

washed up? before the fight everyone said he would kill Mir.

then he got knocked out.

then the excuse was that nog was sick or injured.

in the rematch Nog would apparently murder Mir and redeem himself.

then he gets his arm snapped.

Mir is the better fighter in all facets of MMA.

Nog is a legend but don't let your obvious bias distort reality. No one likes a nuthugger.

After 2 fights we know that sick Nog gets knocked out and healthy Nog beats the shit out Mir unless he goes for a lame sub instead of punching. When considering who would win a 3rd fight I wouldn't consider the first fight at all and as far as the 2nd fight is concerned I don't know why people would act like it's any more meaningful than Mir's first fight with Brock Lesnar. I mean most sane people realized that Mir got lucky in the first Lesnar fight and I haven't been convinced that the Mir-Nog 2 was any different. This is coming from a person who expected Nog to get knocked out by Schaub. I would toss down 30 dollars or so on Nog if they made a Nog-Mir 3 and hopefully people like you would make the line as ridiculously lopsided as possible.

yeah I know he beat wes sims 2 times then broke Tims arm

yeah, that guy would murder prime cro cop and barnett

sure...:icon_chee

I'd pick him over them, yes. Cro Cop never did have the greatest TDD, I see him getting taken down and subbed by prime Mir. and Barnett was a wrestler. Mir on the ground vs Barnett = Mir via sub, imo.

However, I freely admit I could be wrong. Cro Cop and Barnett were both brilliant in their prime, and I really wish we could have seen those fights happen.

Cro Cop never did have the greatest TDD

A-B-Testing-Web-Design-1.png

I'd pick him over them, yes. Cro Cop never did have the greatest TDD, I see him getting taken down and subbed by prime Mir. and Barnett was a wrestler. Mir on the ground vs Barnett = Mir via sub, imo.

However, I freely admit I could be wrong. Cro Cop and Barnett were both brilliant in their prime, and I really wish we could have seen those fights happen.

tumblr_mdta80tK9r1rol1w1.gif

Are you high?

Coleman (didn't gas) and Randleman couldn't take him down, what was Mir going to do?

Yeah, when he broke Tim's arm, just before the auto-accident.
Yea no buddy Nog would have beat the piss out of him back then Mir wasn't as big and strong, Had crap for stand up and just got his black belt that night. Nog would have fucked him up on the ground back then.

lol okay, well yes his TDD was good, I wouldn't say it was great, perhaps I shouldn't have discounted it as easily as I did...but his ground game was quite poor. He would hold guys until the ref stood the two of them up. Wouldn't be able to do that against Mir.

lol okay, well yes his TDD was good, I wouldn't say it was great, perhaps I shouldn't have discounted it as easily as I did...but his ground game was quite poor. He would hold guys until the ref stood the two of them up. Wouldn't be able to do that against Mir.

I agree that Mir would have dominated CC on the ground. But Mir cant take Mirko down.

That's not how it works.

Fulham beat Man Utd. Man Utd are better

Some unranked tennis player beat Nadal at Wimbledon. Nadal is better.

People don't understand sport if they think Hallman is better than Hughes.

No it's not. Nog is better than Mir. His career trumps Mirs. That's all that matters. Nog is the 2nd best HW ever. Mir isn't.

this right here!

Nog was out of his prime when he came to the UFC.
He beat timmah, and heath, who was a carry over form pride and already beaten, and handy who was also on his way out.

I wasn't surprised at all that he lost to mir.
I was more surprised peope where giving mir that much credit for finishing a battle worn nog.

Yeah frank started earlier, but he had 20 less fights then nog did, time off due to the accident, and less stiff competition.

Nog should have retired a while ago.
he will never again beat anyone in title contention.

No. Nogueira has over a dozen ranked wins. Mir has 3. Nogueira was also washed up when he lost to Mir. Is Larry Holmes better than Ali?

Bullshit.

To answer your question TS,no Dennis Hallman is not better than Matt Hughes

Yea no buddy Nog would have beat the piss out of him back then Mir wasn't as big and strong, Had crap for stand up and just got his black belt that night. Nog would have fucked him up on the ground back then.

Nog wouldn't have done a damn thing to Mir. We saw them fight 2x,with Mir brutally destroying Big Nog both times.

When people say Nog is still ahead of Mir, it is because he has fought a who's who of MMA, for a better part beat those guys and is still going somewhat strong after a long career with insane amounts of punishment already taken.

Mir beat him twice, and is probably the more complete MMArtist right now, but that doesnt change the fact that Nog still has to be held in a higher regard for his overall acomplishments.

Nog wouldn't have done a damn thing to Mir. We saw them fight 2x,with Mir brutally destroying Big Nog both times.

Hm, I really dont get how you can say Nog got 'destroyed' in the second fight. Sure the finish was gruesome, but before that Nog heavily rocked Mir on the feet and was actually pretty close to finishing the fight.

Hallman beat Hughes twice, therefore Hallman is better than Hughes.

Hughes beat Frank Trigg twice, therefore Hughes is better than Trigg.

Trigg beat Hallman twice, therefore Trigg is better than Hallman.

So Hallman > Hughes > Trigg > Hallman

MMAth is great.

After 2 fights we know that sick Nog gets knocked out and healthy Nog beats the shit out Mir unless he goes for a lame sub instead of punching. When considering who would win a 3rd fight I wouldn't consider the first fight at all and as far as the 2nd fight is concerned I don't know why people would act like it's any more meaningful than Mir's first fight with Brock Lesnar. I mean most sane people realized that Mir got lucky in the first Lesnar fight and I haven't been convinced that the Mir-Nog 2 was any different. This is coming from a person who expected Nog to get knocked out by Schaub. I would toss down 30 dollars or so on Nog if they made a Nog-Mir 3 and hopefully people like you would make the line as ridiculously lopsided as possible.

Yes. A fighter legendary because of his ground game goes for a sub.

You are a waste of time. Typical half-brain nuthugger.

I don't buy that Nog was out of his prime. I think he went into that first fight underestimating Mir and he paid the price.

In the second fight he was out of his prime, but then I am sure Mir is too. He almost knocked Mir out and he got overzealous. I fully believe he should have beaten Mir both nights, but he didn't and Mir won them fair and square

Back