Dennis Hallman > Matt Hughes ?

washed up? before the fight everyone said he would kill Mir.

then he got knocked out.

then the excuse was that nog was sick or injured.

in the rematch Nog would apparently murder Mir and redeem himself.

then he gets his arm snapped.

Mir is the better fighter in all facets of MMA.

Nog is a legend but don't let your obvious bias distort reality. No one likes a nuthugger.

Yes. We all thought he would beat Mir. That doesn't change the fact he was past prime. We just thought even past his best he was too much for Mir and even if Mir is the better fighter in every facet of MMA he isn't better than Nogueira because his career isnt even comparable. Bisping is a better fighter than Sakuraba, Ross Pierson is a better fighter than Royce Gracie. The sport evolves and it's careers that determine who is better. Nog is better than Mir.

then he got knocked out.

Nog is a legend but don't let your obvious bias distort reality. No one likes a nuthugger.

Mir is the better fighter now imo, but Big Nog had the better career so far.

Yes. We all thought he would beat Mir. That doesn't change the fact he was past prime. We just thought even past his best he was too much for Mir and even if Mir is the better fighter in every facet of MMA he isn't better than Nogueira because his career isnt even comparable. Bisping is a better fighter than Sakuraba, Ross Pierson is a better fighter than Royce Gracie. The sport evolves and it's careers that determine who is better. Nog is better than Mir.

Nog has some amazing wins and has been in some great wars, but Mir is a more talented fighter. He KO'd Nog and also broke his arm, and don't pretend Mir was in his prime either, because thats absurd and he clearly isn't/wasn't at the time of the Nog fights.

Prime for Prime I'd pick Mir any day of the week. Before the auto-accident Mir was on his way to being an all time great. I see no reason to believe Nog would beat Mir in his prime.

Nog beat Barnett and Cro Cop when they were at their best which is damn impressive, but I'd pick a prime Mir over both of them as well.

Nog has had the more legendary career I suppose, tough to argue that, but I say Mir is a better fighter all around.

Oke,

And Mir and Nog? or is that different?

Mir Nog is different both are top HWs and have been so for mos of their careers, so their head to heads come more into effect when debating who is the better fighter.

I agree

But I il admit Nog stopping with punching and going for that sub wil haunt me 4ever:eek:

Matt Hughes has a win over GSP so I think that ends the debate right there, to be honest.

when did they last fight 2001? would have been good to see a rematch in 2007

to be fair, i'd still like to see that one

id still watch them fight, fuck it, hallman-hughes 3 on the main card of an fx or fox card!

No it's not. Nog is better than Mir. His career trumps Mirs. That's all that matters. Nog is the 2nd best HW ever. Mir isn't.

Mir DESTROYS noguiera the first time, literally destroys him the second time and still people are discrediting him.

MirNog2.gif

7099ms.gif

Don't let the butthurt cloud your judgement.

Nog has some amazing wins and has been in some great wars, but Mir is a more talented fighter. He KO'd Nog and also broke his arm, and don't pretend Mir was in his prime either, because thats absurd and he clearly isn't/wasn't at the time of the Nog fights.

Prime for Prime I'd pick Mir any day of the week. Before the auto-accident Mir was on his way to being an all time great. I see no reason to believe Nog would beat Mir in his prime.

Nog beat Barnett and Cro Cop when they were at their best which is damn impressive, but I'd pick a prime Mir over both of them as well.

Nog has had the more legendary career I suppose, tough to argue that, but I say Mir is a better fighter all around.

Did you see in what kind of condition Nog was in the first time they fought?Even Mir said he looked and moved broke down, That night Nog was a shadow of himself as we could see in the second fight, which Mir won but came vey close to being tko'ed

And when was Mir in his prime? when he beat Tim?

Mir DESTROYS noguiera the first time, literally destroys him the second time and still people are discrediting him.

I don't discredit Mir overall but come on:

Mir top wins: Sylvia, Brock, Nog x2, Cro Cop (old), Kongo, Big Country

Nog top wins: Coleman, Schilt, Herring x3, Henderson, Kharitonov, Werdum, Barnett, Sylvia, Couture, Cro Cop (prime)

Those aren't even comparable, especially when you consider how the fights themselves went. Mir's win over Cro Cop was a total snooze fest for example, and I didn't even count Nog's win over Rodriguez since it was controversial.

Edit: Since Nog came to the UFC he's 5-3 and Mir is 6-3, considering how many more wars Nog had been in and how he is universally considered to be past his prime that's not bad at all.

Did you see in what kind of condition Nog was in the first time they fought?Even Mir said he looked and moved broke down, That night Nog was a shadow of himself as we could see in the second fight, which Mir won but came vey close to being tko'ed

Yeah, when he broke Tim's arm, just before the auto-accident.

I don't discredit Mir overall but come on:

Mir top wins: Sylvia, Brock, Nog x2, Cro Cop (old), Kongo, Big Country

Nog top wins: Coleman, Schilt, Herring x3, Henderson, Kharitonov, Werdum, Barnett, Sylvia, Couture, Cro Cop (prime)

Those aren't even comparable, especially when you consider how the fights themselves went. Mir's win over Cro Cop was a total snooze fest for example, and I didn't even count Nog's win over Rodriguez since it was controversial.

Two top HW go head to head to see who the best is. Fighter A beats fighter B twice, in spectacular fashion. That's enough for me.

Two top HW go head to head to see who the best is. Fighter A beats fighter B twice, in spectacular fashion. That's enough for me.

So to answer the OP, yes, Hallman is better than Hughes? Hallman finished Hughes in round 1 twice after all.

I suppose Ferreira is better than JDS too.

Ah, you mean like nog have been in A LOT of his wins?

then he got knocked out.

lol@thinking Nog is still in his prime, and lol@you not understanding the sentiment of the conversation.

nog's career is better. more wins, less losses, better wins, better losses. nog > mir. period.

So to answer the OP, yes, Hallman is better than Hughes? Hallman finished Hughes in round 1 twice after all.

Hughes beat GSP. Nog never beat GSP. lol

What I mean is, Hughes has a win over the GOAT WW and is the #2 WW of all time. Hallman has nothing close to that.

Mir is a former HW champ, a great, top tier fighter with his own legacy, and he also beat Nog (finished him hard) twice.

It's not really fair to compare Mir and Nog to Hughes and Hallman.

lol@thinking Nog is still in his prime, and lol@you not understanding the sentiment of the conversation.

nog's career is better. more wins, less losses, better wins, better losses. nog > mir. period.

finaly, thank you

Back