Dennis Hallman > Matt Hughes ?

NL MMA

Blue Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is Hallman a better fighter then Hughes?

whats your take on this?

he beat him twice so of course he is way better than Hughes.....

Of course not TS, Hallman just had his number.

Sometimes that happens...

That's not how it works.

Fulham beat Man Utd. Man Utd are better

Some unranked tennis player beat Nadal at Wimbledon. Nadal is better.

People don't understand sport if they think Hallman is better than Hughes.

Hallman doesnt get the credit he deserves, record of 51-14 against some bigtime fighters, and yes he caught Hughes twice in 20 seconds, but no Hallman is not better than Hughes and its not even close. Hughes was UFC champion for almost 5 years.

Hallman UFC title fights 0-1
Hughes UFC title fights 9-2

Hallman doesnt get the credit he deserves, record of 51-14 against some bigtime fighters

Hughes is literally the only big win on his record.

Except for him he only beat cans.

His only other wins against legit fighters were against Saunders and Parisyan

Some fighters just have other fighters numbers. There was a thread a while back about it.

Put it in the same category as Brown vs Faber and to a lesser extent Barnett vs Cro Cop/ Fedor vs Nog

Hallman doesnt get the credit he deserves, record of 51-14 against some bigtime fighters, and yes he caught Hughes twice in 20 seconds, but no Hallman is not better than Hughes and its not even close. Hughes was UFC champion for almost 5 years.

Hallman UFC title fights 0-1
Hughes UFC title fights 9-2

Oke,

And Mir and Nog? or is that different?

Oke,

And Mir and Nog? or is that different?

No it's not. Nog is better than Mir. His career trumps Mirs. That's all that matters. Nog is the 2nd best HW ever. Mir isn't.

When they fight, well, I guess so.

I wish they'd fight again.

No it's not. Nog is better than Mir. His career trumps Mirs. That's all that matters. Nog is the 2nd best HW ever. Mir isn't.

Mir >> Nog. Broke his arm off.

I like to think that Nog>Mir

But there 2 camps about this here on good ol sherdog

When they fight, well, I guess so.

I wish they'd fight again.

Mir >> Nog. Broke his arm off.

No. Nogueira has over a dozen ranked wins. Mir has 3. Nogueira was also washed up when he lost to Mir. Is Larry Holmes better than Ali?

Look at it as a field of fighters where each win raises the profile of each fighter. Gather more good wins than your opposition, and you have the result. Trigg beat Hallman, Hallman beat Hughes, Hughes beat Trigg. Hughes also beat a lot of fighters who are seen as better than both Trigg and Hallman. And there's your answer. Same goes for Mir/Nog.

matt said himself hallman just has his number like a chuck will always beat tito deal.

No. Nogueira has over a dozen ranked wins. Mir has 3. Nogueira was also washed up when he lost to Mir. Is Larry Holmes better than Ali?

washed up? before the fight everyone said he would kill Mir.

then he got knocked out.

then the excuse was that nog was sick or injured.

in the rematch Nog would apparently murder Mir and redeem himself.

then he gets his arm snapped.

Mir is the better fighter in all facets of MMA.

Nog is a legend but don't let your obvious bias distort reality. No one likes a nuthugger.

This, fighters get old. You can't say Schaub is better than Cro Cop because Cro Cop was past his prime but already had an amazing career, same goes for Nog and Mir imo.

when did they last fight 2001? would have been good to see a rematch in 2007

to be fair, i'd still like to see that one

Is Iran Barkley known as a greater fighter than Tommy Hearns? Or Norton greater than Ali?

Just one of those freak chemistry things where Hallman has Hughes number.

Back