Demetrious Johnson says ‘ship has sailed’ for T.J. Dillashaw superfight

UFC: "MM go fighta guy with a 30 lb weight advantage for no reason other than we said so."

MM: "Okay, pay me."

UFC/WME: "No you'll get your win/show money."

MM: "Kindly eat a dick, sir."

Shertards with McG in their avatar: 'oMHG HEz sucH a DUCkER" - 5 mins later starts a thread about fighter pay.

<LikeReally5>

No, he is not being smart. He is asking for more money than he is worth. He simply is not a draw.

Of course he wants money. But the way to get it is not to play "hard ball" in this case. All he is doing is making sure that Dana and the crowd won't do him any favors, and want him to lose asap.

You first build up your fanbase and drawing power and then ask for the big bucks. Fighting TJ would be the biggest fight and victory in his resume. That's the way to do it. Fighting in a division he already cleared up does nothing for his legacy.

He's the GOAT flyweight and set a record number of title defenses. Fighting TJ (who isn't a draw himself) isn't going to make him any more of a draw than he is now.

Lol at sherdoggers pretending like they'd become superfans and start lining up to see his future fights if he fought TJ. No, what would happen is you'd tune in for the one fight, probably not even pay for it, then continue to bitch about his competition when he inevitably went back to fighting the guys he is now.

Hardcore fans may want the DJ/TJ fight, but it isnt actually going to result in a signficant amount of ppv buys. DJ knows this. It's why he either wants to get paid more up front, or wants to comain on a bigger fight, so his ppv points actually add up to something.

MM does not want to take risks his legacy thats why he never have the fame of Conor McGregor, GSP and even Daniel Cormier has to be included,

UFC: "MM go fighta guy with a 30 lb weight advantage for no reason other than we said so."

Shertards with McG in their avatar: 'oMHG HEz sucH a DUCkER" - 5 mins later starts a thread about fighter pay.

<LikeReally5>

He's locked into a contract for a champion's purse, and ppv already. He has and is in record REQUEST TO BE FEATURED ON BIGGER, STACKED CARDS so he can get paid more. He knows hes not a draw. He shouldn't get anything extra for the super fight aside from raking in all the PPV point...oh wait, there wont be any if hes not on a McGregor, Lesnar, Jones, Silva, or GSP card.

I dont see whats wrong. MM honestly gets paid considerably more than he brings in.

<LikeReally5>

TJ does not have a 30 pound weight advantage.

<LikeReally5>

That's an understatement. TJ outweights MM by more than 30 pounds. There's at least a 70 pound difference between them. Plus it's not like TJ challenged DJ in his own Flyweight weightlclass.

The GOAT of MMA, Mighty Mouse, is on to bigger challenges like fighting the Wilson Reis'es and Chris Cariaso's of MMA.

You do know DJ was the one who originally brought up the idea of a super fight right? This is clearly a money issue.
Yes, the money issue is that DJ is asking for an unreasonable amount of money, knowing the ufc will say no, ultimately ducking the fight. Dude wants NOTHING to do with Cody or TJ. This is why he will never be considered the goat in the eyes of the fans. Coward confirmed.

The ducking is real...What tfucking ship????

Champs who have cleared out the division multiple times like DJ has

What is DJ even doing right now? Beating up fighters he has already beaten up

So yeah he is going to get criticism
He thought the first half of his career at a higher weight class (quite successfully I might add). That has to earn him a little bit of respect..I would hope.

I don’t even give a fuck. Dude doesn’t want the big challenges, he’s a JMMA diehard, he’s fighting smaller dudes after being able to handle BWs, etc.

Let’s all pray that Cejudo puts his ass to sleep. People still won’t give a shit about him tho lol

Can't believe people defend this guys cowardice OR take his "record" defenses seriously. The talent pool is beyond shallow in that meaningless division. The one time he fought someone actually world class he lost flat out (Cruz) and he straight fucking scared of someone he doesn't have a massive advantage over. Most people wouldn't give two shit's if the UFC shut down the hamsterweight division permanently. It's in the same boat as WMMA...shallow and a novelty at best.

Johnson ducking Bantamweight hard, even his wife looks embarrassed for him. Her face when he was playing in the pool with his kids on embedded but looked like a child himself, she was fighting back the cringe.

“Nah, I don’t think it will happen,” Johnson said in a recent interview with ESPN’s Ariel Helwani. “I think it’s dead. The ship has sailed.”

“I’m just over it,” he added. “I’m just over it. I’m tired of talking about it. It’s almost like, if you already said what the things are, why keep beating a dead horse? Why?”

“Until something comes up, it’s just flyweights.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true
Good thing title contenders aren't determined by whether or not the champion is "over" them. If it was, I'd be an 8-weight world champion right now.

If he's "over" TJ, then he's ducking TJ. If he's ducking TJ, then he's lost to TJ. Thus, TJ is champion.

TJ Dillashaw vs Deiveson Figueiredo next as TJ's first flyweight title defense, assuming Deiveson gets by Moraga?

Perhaps DJ downplaying potential to help build proposition to do it. Now is a great time as the winner of BW could make the call out with DJ present. In case DJ defense against Cejudo not so good then in better position for that rematch. Don't read to much into what is said but rather what is done. DJ should be focusing on Cejudo for now.

Back