Demetrious Johnson says ‘ship has sailed’ for T.J. Dillashaw superfight

So, he prefer to clean Up the division 3 Times instead ?

If that Guy doesn't like to make more $, good for him I guess.

I guess that's one way of looking at it.

It's like being pissed at someone for being too good.

I agree.

Beating the piss out of every single fighter in your division should be enough.

“Nah, I don’t think it will happen,” Johnson said in a recent interview with ESPN’s Ariel Helwani. “I think it’s dead. The ship has sailed.”

“I’m just over it,” he added. “I’m just over it. I’m tired of talking about it. It’s almost like, if you already said what the things are, why keep beating a dead horse? Why?”

“Until something comes up, it’s just flyweights.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

because thats not a dead horse, DJ. this fight is still a hot horse.

Nah, you jumped the ship. Ship is still there, you are just scared shitless.

You can mitigate him all you want, but he is playing negotiator and wants more money. So if UFC really want the fight to happen they gotta pay him more.

Those that call ducking probably don't have the balls to ask their boss for a raise. If they did pay him more money and he did accept the fight obviously he's not scared, right?

It's clear though that UFC dont think it's worth it to make the fight and pay him more. They can't have one without the other, so until further notice everyone should save their breath

How long until he gives in to peer pressure?

DJ has no big money fights at 125 unless someone moves down. He is great but I don’t care to see any DJ rematches. He could catch weight either TJ or Cody and I’d watch.

I am over it too.

The best fighter 135 and below has other formidable opponents like Cruz in a rematch. Rivera, Moraes.....

Let DJ play in his shallow division.

i dont care for the fight, bantamweight has contenders lined up waiting for their shot. and dj can continue fighting everyone on the top 10 list he hasnt beat already

Scrap 125 then he won't have a choice.

ship sailed and he didn't meet the height requirement...
862ca546fe5a854ce64c498372ecc834.jpg

This is the type of shit that makes him not draw a stick figure

I agree.

Beating the piss out of every single fighter in your division should be enough.

But he would fight TJ in his division...

He doesn't want to defend his belt vs TJ at flyweight.

Pricing yourself out of a fight is ducking, what part of that don't some of you understand who use money as an excuse for mini mouse not wanting this fight. Why should a company pay a man an amount of money that would cost them revenue. MM probably couldn't draw enough to cover the cost for a small venue lol

Let us be frank here, D.J. doesn't want a super fight, he wants a money fight and I don't blame him one bit.

“Nah, I don’t think it will happen,” Johnson said in a recent interview with ESPN’s Ariel Helwani. “I think it’s dead. The ship has sailed.”

“I’m just over it,” he added. “I’m just over it. I’m tired of talking about it. It’s almost like, if you already said what the things are, why keep beating a dead horse? Why?”

“Until something comes up, it’s just flyweights.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

I think people are being unfair. He's already small for FLYWEIGHT, he's under no obligation to fight big man TJ. However, I do agree the ship for P4P best has sailed if he doesn't.

Back