Demetrious Johnson says ‘ship has sailed’ for T.J. Dillashaw superfight

You can mitigate him all you want, but he is playing negotiator and wants more money. So if UFC really want the fight to happen they gotta pay him more.

Those that call ducking probably don't have the balls to ask their boss for a raise. If they did pay him more money and he did accept the fight obviously he's not scared, right?

It's clear though that UFC dont think it's worth it to make the fight and pay him more. They can't have one without the other, so until further notice everyone should save their breath

Why does he deserve the amount he’s asking for? If you say his title reign then you have no clue about what warrants the payday he’s looking for, and obviously he doesn’t either.

TJ will go to 125 and DJ will be FORCED to fight him or forever have his legacy tarnished.

that's old

he just said yesterday he's open to the TJ CG winner if the "price is right"

He is ducking at this point. He will never move up either to fight TJ. Even if he beats him imagine him getting mauled and massacred by Marlon Moraes, Cruz for the 2nd time, and other guys like Assuncao will give him fits.

It kinda sucks to be in his position. He's pretty much the GOAT, beaten everyone in his division and still cant get a paycheque unless he cries or WME throws him on a stacked card because otherwise he wont draw shit. The man cant even draw for a FOX card.

Hes just going to sit at 125 until he beats everyone a 3rd time and squashes any prospect they give him way too early like they did Horiguchi.

Would it be too much for ask of TJ for him to drop to 125, fight a guy like Sergio, Benavidez, or Cejudo and then prove that he can make weight and give DJ no choice but to fight him?

TBH it would be smarter for DJ to fight TJ on his first attempt at 125, because he'll struggle and be easier prey.

“Nah, I don’t think it will happen,” Johnson said in a recent interview with ESPN’s Ariel Helwani. “I think it’s dead. The ship has sailed.”

“I’m just over it,” he added. “I’m just over it. I’m tired of talking about it. It’s almost like, if you already said what the things are, why keep beating a dead horse? Why?”

“Until something comes up, it’s just flyweights.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Yet if Cody wins, they want to fight.

<{cruzshake}>

The ship will sail after TJ loses his belt tonight.

However, that will make Cody a viable option for DJ instead.

Why does he deserve the amount he’s asking for? If you say his title reign then you have no clue about what warrants the payday he’s looking for, and obviously he doesn’t either.
I'm not going to delve into the quality of his accomplishments, that's subjective and will piss off everyone. DJ's worth is also subjective. How he's promoted is up to the UFC. I'm saying he has the right, or freedom, to ask for a price. If the UFC don't think he's worth it the fight won't get made. It's that simple

Do you say the same about every champ who doesn't move up?

No. But in this case TJ has campaigned for the fight, and has even said he would come down to flyweight to fight MM.

MM wants more money, but he is putting the cart before the horse. You win the big fights against the marquee names and then you increase your drawing power. To pretend as if he should just be paid beyond his worth because of his accomplishments is simply stupid.

You do know DJ was the one who originally brought up the idea of a super fight right? This is clearly a money issue.

And I think he is being extremely stupid, stubborn and ultimately disappointing.

Could not care less about anything DJ says or any of his fights. That division needs to be scrapped.

Just flyweights? TJ was offering to come down to flyweight.

Mighty Mouse just has no desire to face top fighters. He wants to protect his record and act like he's the GOAT but there's a reason why no one gives a shit to tune in when he fights.

Back