Demetrious Johnson says ‘ship has sailed’ for T.J. Dillashaw superfight

He is the greatest fighter the sport has ever seen, barring possibly GSP. His skills are second to none.

To call someone the greatest, they have to have a relative talent pool they are fighting. The midget weight division is the opposite of stacked. That's like being the greatest quadrapalegic arm wrestler.

Do you say the same about every champ who doesn't move up?
its absolutely astonishing how many of you dont comprehend that TJ coming DOWN a weight class is not making MM GO UP!

TJ is begging to fight MM in MM own division, his home turf. Hes willing to deplete himself down to 125 and MM still wants noneeeeeeeeeeeeee of it. TJ can make 125. TJ is, with out a doubt, the best fighter available for MM at 125. If MM doesn't fight the best guy, you cant even really consider him still the champion.

I wish Dana would offer him his 1-2mil guarantee so we can just get this done already

Honestly wut a pussy. Doesn't he want a challenge it's not like he has to move up Tj would be coming to him seem like he content beating easy competition he should be happy tj is willing to go down

Last edited:
To call someone the greatest, they have to have a relative talent pool they are fighting. The midget weight division is the opposite of stacked. That's like being the greatest quadrapalegic arm wrestler.

I think that is a misconception. Benavidez, Dodson, Cejudo, Horiguchi, Baugatinov, Torres, are every bit as good as the top dogs in any division. The fact that people, like you, have a size bias, is a different story.

It is also funny you call them midgets. I wonder how you think you would fare in a fight against any of these "midgets", let alone DJ.

You can mitigate him all you want, but he is playing negotiator and wants more money. So if UFC really want the fight to happen they gotta pay him more.

Those that call ducking probably don't have the balls to ask their boss for a raise. If they did pay him more money and he did accept the fight obviously he's not scared, right?

It's clear though that UFC dont think it's worth it to make the fight and pay him more. They can't have one without the other, so until further notice everyone should save their breath

It's more so the UFC don't think TJ can make 125 at all. DJ is not going to waste a fight on something that won't be a title defense for him. Both DJ and TJ agreed to the terms of if TJ didn't make weight the fight is off and DJ gets TJ's fight show money. If TJ could make weight this costs the UFC no extra money for the fight to take place, instead it's not happening. Only logical thing to make from this is that the UFC has no confidence in TJ making 125.

Let's also remember that TJ refused to help the UFC out in their time of need, so this fight very well may be off the table for TJ now.

UFC should just say take the fight or cut his ass

I think that is a misconception. Benavidez, Dodson, Cejudo, Horiguchi, Baugatinov, Torres, are every bit as good as the top dogs in any division. The fact that people, like you, have a size bias, is a different story.

It is also funny you call them midgets. I wonder how you think you would fare in a fight against any of these "midgets", let alone DJ.

Size Bias lol? Are you part of a height challenged class action lawsuit or something?

Do you say the same about every champ who doesn't move up?
I mean if he beats Cejudo again there really aren't any special challengers. Given he's previously fought at BW it's rather strange he doesn't want to go back up to win a title in a second weight division and potentially huge payday. No one should force the guy to do anything so I can see his stance.

Well at the end he left the door open again talking about money. So if the UFC is willing to meet whatever his price is, I think it is something like 1 million guaranteed or 2 million guaranteed then I guess it will happen. But I don’t think the UFC care Enough to do that. The fight is not really going to sell all that well. However my issue with DJ remains that if TJ is serious about going down he has to accept the fight. Nobody’s asking you to go up so this would be a simple title defense.

It’s painfully obvious that the UFC want to see DJ get his ass handed to him now.

He’s massively unlikeable at times and can’t bring them in the numbers. At least if he gets battered they could try and sell his comeback story.

He’s petrified of fighting T.J.

I think UFC just does not want to put the effort and the money to market MM. He is not interesting to anyone as a person and his weight class is not too interesting. If MM were to market himself and go up for a challenge, they would absolutely be behind him. Sometimes great statistical records do not pay well.

I'd love for Cejudo to heat his ass tonight and just put this all to rest. Watch the UFC not even give him an immediate rematch if it happens. That would be even better to listen to his never ending whining about it.

I think Cody would be harder for mouse at 125..standi standing anyway..
His speed is wicked.

And I think he is being extremely stupid, stubborn and ultimately disappointing.

Or smart.

If the UFC isn't going to up his pay to fight TJ then he has no reason to, aside from legacy. But he's made it clear that financial security is his number one goal.

If he can fight other flyweights and make the same money, why would he take on a bigger, more dangerous opponent? The onus is on the UFC to make it worth his while.

Or smart.

If the UFC isn't going to up his pay to fight TJ then he has no reason to, aside from legacy. But he's made it clear that financial security is his number one goal.

If he can fight other flyweights and make the same money, why would he take on a bigger, more dangerous opponent? The onus is on the UFC to make it worth his while.

No, he is not being smart. He is asking for more money than he is worth. He simply is not a draw.

Of course he wants money. But the way to get it is not to play "hard ball" in this case. All he is doing is making sure that Dana and the crowd won't do him any favors, and want him to lose asap.

You first build up your fanbase and drawing power and then ask for the big bucks. Fighting TJ would be the biggest fight and victory in his resume. That's the way to do it. Fighting in a division he already cleared up does nothing for his legacy.

“Nah, I don’t think it will happen,” Johnson said in a recent interview with ESPN’s Ariel Helwani. “I think it’s dead. The ship has sailed.”

“I’m just over it,” he added. “I’m just over it. I’m tired of talking about it. It’s almost like, if you already said what the things are, why keep beating a dead horse? Why?”

“Until something comes up, it’s just flyweights.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

<31>

[omg1]

Christ almighty, I almost straight up fell out of my chair in a weed induced blowback after reading how hard Mighty mouse is ducking Dillashaw

[<dunn]

Duckin the fight.

1siEVUl.png

Back