Demetrious Johnson complains about "What more do you want from me" yet..

WimpLo2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
when asked by Lorenzo and Dana to step up in weight and fight TJ he refused and wants to continue defending in a weight class no one cares about.

The guy had the opportunity to make big fights yet wants to continue to do what he does and still complains no one cares about his fights. :rolleyes:

This is insane.

You mean to tell me he would rather stay in his natural weight class that he's the champion of and has a good chance to set the all time defense record than fight in higher weight class?

What a dick.

This is insane.

You mean to tell me he would rather stay in his natural weight class that he's the champion of and has a good chance to set the all time defense record than fight in higher weight class?

What a dick.

Then he should stop complaining about the fact that no one watches his fights. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Prove us that you can grind more than 125 midgets, and fight a real man at 135 (well...).

Then he should stop complaining about the fact that no one watches his fights. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

He's one of the most dominant champs in MMA. If he wants to complain, he's earned the right to.

News flash: The people that don't care about 125, are the same people that don't care about 135.

This is insane.

What a dick.

That's the thing, what he's doing is already not impressive (grinding on 5'4 125lbs men), but if you also add the the justification that fighting at 135 might make him lose, and that's not good for a fucking RECORD, for fucking statistics...then it just become completely stupid.

I'm not asking him to move weight, but then he must understand his position.

Um....He doesn't complain about it.

The media asks him questions and he answers them.

I personally have absolutely no possible idea how any "MMA fan" wouldn't watch him fight. He's just about the most well rounded fighter we've ever seen in MMA, and he has been finishing a good percentage of fights.

why stop there? i'm sure more people would rather have him fight struve. he can't complain if he wouldn't take that fight. it's what the people want to see

News flash: The people that don't care about 125, are the same people that don't care about 135.

That's quite true, but someone who moves up in weight class might become more interesting for some reasons. Doesn't mean he will become a star, nor that I will care too much for him, but that would definitely be a greater accomplishment than being the "125 GOAT".

That's the thing, what he's doing is already not impressive (grinding on 5'4 125lbs men), but if you also add the the justification that fighting at 135 might make him lose, and that's not good for a fucking RECORD, for fucking statistics...then it just become completely stupid.

I'm not asking him to move weight, but then he must understand his position.

All I ask is that you re read this. I just really hope you pick up on it.

Prove us that you can grind more than 125 midgets, and fight a real man at 135 (well...).

So just so I'm tracking what you're putting down, DJ has never won against guys in the 135 pound division? Because if he has, your post makes no sense. I think he has about 15 wins against "real men at 135."

That's quite true, but someone who moves up in weight class might become more interesting for some reasons. Doesn't mean he will become a star, nor that I will care too much for him, but that would definitely be a greater accomplishment than being the "125 GOAT".

Just to be sure. You do realize he has more fights at above 125, right?

And you do realize he's fought for the title at 135, right?

and you do realize the entire reason he moved to 125 is because he was severely outsized at 135, right?

why stop there? i'm sure more people would rather have him fight struve. he can't complain if he wouldn't take that fight. it's what the people want to see

struve-johnson.jpg

All I ask is that you re read this. I just really hope you pick up on it.

What is Demetrious asking to the fans? That they should care about some guy fighting 125ers? Not only is it a marginal weight class (it's NEW and I doubt there's many 125 MMA fighters out there), but it's also a weight class that doesn't correspond to the "warrior" image. So what is he asking to his fans? To be impressed by that?

And then what, he wont compete in a more relevant division because his record might be affected by it? That's the justification his fans must accept, before asking him forgiveness for their dislikes?

You know why people still remember Fedor today? You know why many people consider him the GOAT? There's many reasons, but one of them is because he didn't back out from heavier competition "because it's bad for his record". What kind of Walt Disney legacy is that. As I said, he can stay in his weight class, but don't act like it's the "fans" who are the problem. Sport business at his maximum.

So just so I'm tracking what you're putting down, DJ has never won against guys in the 135 pound division? Because if he has, your post makes no sense. I think he has about 15 wins against "real men at 135."

Given his logic in this thread?

No. He doesn't know that.

Now, he's more than likely going to pretend like he does. But I honestly don't think he does.

Why not just fight a 6 years old kid? His fans can't complain, he's already fighting marginally small physical specimen.

What is Demetrious asking to the fans? That they should care about some guy fighting 125ers? Not only is it a marginal weight class (it's NEW and I doubt there's many 125 MMA fighters out there), but it's also a weight class that doesn't correspond to the "warrior" image. So what is he asking to his fans? To be impressed by that?

And then what, he wont compete in a more relevant division because his record might be affected by it? That's the justification his fans must accept, before asking him forgiveness for their dislikes?

You know why people still remember Fedor today? You know why many people consider him the GOAT? There's many reasons, but one of them is because he didn't back out from heavier competition "because it's bad for his record". What kind of Walt Disney legacy is that. As I said, he can stay in his weight class, but don't act like it's the "fans" who are the problem. Sport business at his maximum.

I take it you didn't pick up on it.

^ It's still not registering to this guy that DJ was a legit title contender in the 135 division even though he was grossly undersized for it.

Back