Delts

Mike O'Neil

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys could tell me some good lifts to work my delts. And should i include my delt into my shoulder routine?

What do you normally work in your shoulder routine?

uh, delts are shoulders, different types of OHP's work them good

think motions, not muscles. OHP, shrugs, external rotations.

pro tip: its "immortal" with 2 m's.

Then again , you have not told us what your goals are so I suppose I was a bit hasty with my responsel.

Nah you're right rickdog, ya just can't beat overhead pressing, whether it's dumbell or barbell, seated or standing, for either delt growth or strength.

But if this guy has no idea how to do them correctly, he is just gunna mess up his lower back. Ive seen tons of guy try to do standing overhead press with thier feet together and trying to lockout a weight which is obviously too much. Id suggest work your way up but stick with big, heavy movements. Don't just jump inot standing presses if you are a beginner.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Carnal, I did them today and they are the master of shoulder exercises as they work much more than just singeling out the slhoulders.

I love the standing barbell presses, but for some reason I've had back problems from doing one armed dumbell presses so I'm gonna stick with barbells from now on!

Sonny said:
I love the standing barbell presses, but for some reason I've had back problems from doing one armed dumbell presses so I'm gonna stick with barbells from now on!
Why are you doing one armed dumbbell presses?

Do you mean like you have one dumbbell in possession while doing the exercise?

Ted-P said:
Why are you doing one armed dumbbell presses?

Do you mean like you have one dumbbell in possession while doing the exercise?

Yeah I use one arm and alternate for each set.

Sonny said:
Yeah I use one arm and alternate for each set.
This is just speculation, but I think the unbalanced force might be the reason why your core is hurting while you lift.

Nah, Sonny is just being a pussy.

Note: I never specified standing, and even wrote seated in my post. I think ALL overhead pressing is good, it's individual preferance after you get to the point of putting weight overhead.

I do both seated and standing overhead press, if my lower back is not tired from a heavy back workout, I prefer to do the standing over head press. That being said I also like doing overhead press on the smith machine.

handstand pushups elevated between 2 chairs!

i only managed 3 reps and i'm sore like hell. much harder then a normal handstand pushup.

Yeah the handstand push up are good so is holding a handstand for 2.5 to 3 minutes

CarnalSalvation said:
Nah, Sonny is just being a pussy.

This is most likely the case. I've actually done one armed db presses in the past without any problems. Just recently has it caused me trouble!

I stick with the standing because my overall goal is wrestling and the overheads help my core also.

Back