Law Defining "high crimes and misdemeanors"

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Yes, yes. If your only goal is to have Trump charged then congratulations because that is a certainty.

If we are talking about removal from office - the left wing talking point and the general use of the word impeach (even though its wrong) - then you are going to be disappointed.

Seems like that Republicans in the Senate will put loyalty to their party over their duty, but I'm not sure how that's supposed to be some kind of gotcha on decent people.

Yes, yes. If your only goal is to have Trump charged then congratulations because that is a certainty.

If we are talking about removal from office - the left wing talking point and the general use of the word impeach (even though its wrong) - then you are going to be disappointed.

I typically try to use words as they are defined, not how idiots misuse them at their convenience.

My only goal is for justice to be served correctly. If President Trump is guilty, then I hope he is found guilty. If he is innocent, then I hope he is found not-guilty. The same goes for any Democrats, and whatever other government officials can be included. I don't care what side of politics you fall under, I want you to follow the fuckin laws.

You remember when Clinton lied under oath and we decided that although it was a crime that it wasn't impeachable?
But Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath. He wasn't removed from office at the Senate trial but he was impeached by the House of Representatives.

But Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath. He wasn't removed from office at the Senate trial but he was impeached by the House of Representatives.

Impeached for lying about a blow job during an investigation over some real estate deals.

Talk about a fishing expedition

Seems like that Republicans in the Senate will put loyalty to their party over their duty, but I'm not sure how that's supposed to be some kind of gotcha on decent people.

In a manner of speaking they will. Not because of party, but because they're afraid of being primaried. But I expect them to censure Trump just as Clinton was censured for his illegal acts.

Yes, I went over that - Trump's impeachment is just a matter of when; not if. So, all these threads are kind of pointless unless we're talking about whether or not he gets removed from office.

In a manner of speaking they will. Not because of party, but because they're afraid of being primaried. But I expect them to censure Trump just as Clinton was censured for his illegal acts.

That's not any better, really. Senators take an oath, and they should honor it.

That's not any better, really. Senators take an oath, and they should honor it.

I agree with the sentiment, but that isnt what politicians do. Btw, did you ask for senators to follow their oath when Clinton was being impeached?

Better yet, did you howl for the FBI to follow the letter of the law (NDA that Hillary signed) when they looked at her email or where you ok with them deciding that she didn't have nefarious intent?

Impeached for lying about a blow job during an investigation over some real estate deals.

Talk about a fishing expedition

The GOP politically weaponized impeachment over 20 years ago, establishing the precedent they now want to decry from their fake moral high horse. They are shameless and contemptible.

The GOP politically weaponized impeachment over 20 years ago, establishing the precedent they now want to decry from their fake moral high horse. They are shameless and contemptible.

Imagine them after the Trump presidency. Literally anything they complain about we will be able to point back to Trump admin and call them on their hypocrisy.

I agree with the sentiment, but that isnt what politicians do. Btw, did you ask for senators to follow their oath when Clinton was being impeached?

I was in college and not really paying attention to day-to-day politics (hated Clinton, though). But do you consider lying about a blowjob to be an abuse of office the way using U.S. gov't resources to extort another country into providing election help is?

Better yet, did you howl for the FBI to follow the letter of the law (NDA that Hillary signed) when they looked at her email or where you ok with them deciding that she didn't have nefarious intent?

:) One dumb "whatabout" wasn't enough? At what point did you guys totally lose your sense of right and wrong?

Defender PainisLife: OK, maybe my client *did* murder the victim, but I was standing by the road with a radar, and I counted 20 instances of speeding cars just this morning. If the jury isn't going to find them guilty, how can they convict my client? Checkmate, America.

Imagine them after the Trump presidency. Literally anything they complain about we will be able to point back to Trump admin and call them on their hypocrisy.

But we have already seen that such criticisms have zero effect. This is all a game to them and they believe the smartest player does or says whatever he needs to, at any given time, to help his team win.

As we saw with the Mueller report, it's the process crimes along the way that Dems are hoping to nail the President and his people with. We knew the Russia Hoax wouldn't go anywhere, which is why the narrative switched to the "Possible Obstruction" violations and the Russian Collusion didn't matter anymore once Mueller's report came out.

But we have already seen that such criticisms have zero effect. This is all a game to them and they believe the smartest player does or says whatever he needs to, at any given time, to help his team win.

Ya I know. It’s hard to argue against someone who will say anything at anytime. Someone with no shame, morals or a semblance of honesty. Like the guy above this post

Just have to keep beating them at the ballot box.

I was in college and not really paying attention to day-to-day politics (hated Clinton, though). But do you consider lying about a blowjob to be an abuse of office the way using U.S. gov't resources to extort another country into providing election help is?

:) One dumb "whatabout" wasn't enough? At what point did you guys totally lose your sense of right and wrong?

Defender PainisLife: OK, maybe my client *did* murder the victim, but I was standing by the road with a radar, and I counted 20 instances of speeding cars just this morning. If the jury isn't going to find them guilty, how can they convict my client? Checkmate, America.

I didn't want Clinton removed from office and I voted for him twice, but he broke a law that would get us sent to jail if we had broken it. I'm merely gauging your level of indignation to past instances of overlooking bad behavior.

I asked the Hillary question because I assumed that you may say you didn't follow politics in the 90s. It's not whataboutism to ask if you are truly for following the letter of the law or just when you deem it advantageous.

For what must be the dozenth time - impeach Trump and remove him from office - I look forward to Mike Pence's judicial appointments.

I didn't want Clinton removed from office and I voted for him twice, but he broke a law that would get us sent to jail if we had broken it. I'm merely gauging your level of indignation to past instances of overlooking bad behavior.

I asked the Hillary question because I assumed that you may say you didn't follow politics in the 90s. It's not whataboutism to ask if you are truly for following the letter of the law or just when you deem it advantageous.

For what must be the dozenth time - impeach Trump and remove him from office - I look forward to Mike Pence's judicial appointments.

Hillary Clinton was cleared of any criminal wrongdoing and was not abusing power, though. We're not talking about being a stickler with Trump. He's abused his power in a really serious way, and more than once.

And there are still a few Democrats in the Senate that voted not guilty to the question of did Clinton commit perjury and did he obstruct an investigation - he clearly did both.

It's not like its a new thing for politicians to feign moral outrage at opportune times.

Hillary Clinton was cleared of any criminal wrongdoing and was not abusing power, though. We're not talking about being a stickler with Trump. He's abused his power in a really serious way, and more than once.

Hillary (and her team) was cleared based on a criteria that isnt used for common people who violate security protocols. That's just a fact; and stating it doesn't mean that I think she should be locked up.

Did I say Trump didn't in this thread? I said that I expect the Senate to acquit and probably vote to censure him.

Well, this was the same shit Republicans said during Nixon until that day when a few of them walked over to the White House and told him he had better resign

At that time the Democrats controlled both House + Senate.

The current cast of democrats are too stupid to pull this off, this falls apart in the house

Back