Death of Vaping 8-8-16

FDA is handing over an incredibly successful, innovative, emerging mom & pop industry to the tobacco companies, who are likely just going to turn it into their new death machine, and the reaction is that vapers are annoying. 'Murrika.

I have no problem with vapers being pushed outside, with other smokers, I've been doing it outside since the beginning. But what's happening now is that the industry is being handed over to big tobacco and people will end up going back to smoking.

I dont vape but I enjoy a cigar here and there and dont like that i might be losing some of the ones i really enjoy like the Acid lineup and Java but that fact this is basicly handing over the vape industary to big tobacco by apply high cost fees and is what i thought people would get upset about.

Those images are not an accurate representative of the Vape community on a whole .. those dudes didn't even show up until 2014-ish and most long time vapers hated it when it happened because of how obnoxious it made vaping seem to those are not part of this sub culture. We felt like it made the vape community look bad, and I guess we were right because this is now the image that most non-vapers have of vaping ... but again, those images only represent one type of vaper .. the sub ohm'ing hipster.

stephen-dorff-e-cig-gif.gif

Not nearly as active as you think.

for the most part, restaurants, buildings, grocery stores do not permit smoking on their propery nearly everywhere in the world and again, cars, ships and cows, which also share the air, have a far worse affect on you than a single person smoking somewhere, presumably where they were first, when you walked past them.

The level of active change isn't the point, it's the point that they have uses and we know we need alternative ways.

Like I said, I'll cough so people can eat and get to a hospital while slowly we work on alternatives. I'm not gonna cough because people can't break a deadly habit that effects everyone.

That's comparing unwashed apples to getting a lemon squirted in your eye.

I tired the Blue Cig for awhile and didnt care for it. The draw was too hard.

I didn't like'm either. plus every time I had one I pictured people looking at me like I was that guy. It was a good reason to stop.

Most of you 'disapprove' of vaping because it's cool to, and that's fine I disapprove of most of you. I for one am pretty sad that a viable industry is being gutted and returned to 'big tobacco'. The government isn't even thinly veiled anymore.

Most of you 'disapprove' of vaping because it's cool to, and that's fine I disapprove of most of you. I for one am pretty sad that a viable industry is being gutted and returned to 'big tobacco'. The government isn't even thinly veiled anymore.

lmfao

Nice bait

Unfortunate.

Regulation extends to devices as well. Say good bye to all those improvements made in the last few years.

Unfortunate.

Regulation extends to devices as well. Say good bye to all those improvements made in the last few years.

yeah. All devices made after 2007 will have to be submitted for approval now. I not sure how thag is gonna work. Do company have to stop selling right away or what

yeah. All devices made after 2007 will have to be submitted for approval now. I not sure how thag is gonna work. Do company have to stop selling right away or what

They can continue selling anything that is currently on the market, or gets to market before the 8th, for 2 years, after that they can only sell stuff that has been approved.

Or they can skirt the regulations and sell them as aromatherapy devices, the same way weed vaporizers are sold in places where illegal.

They'll have to be submitted for approval eventually once the regulation goes into effect. Seeing as we're six days out, I'd guess companies are trying to unload as much product as possible while they complete the FDA forms.

Even if companies can afford to put their products up for approval they still might be denied.

They can continue selling anything that is currently on the market, or gets to market before the 8th, for 2 years, after that they can only sell stuff that has been approved.

Or they can skirt the regulations and sell them as aromatherapy devices, the same way weed vaporizers are sold in places where illegal.

so there is a 2yr grace period for devices on market before the 8th. ok. I bet this slow down the release of new products like crazy.

I wonder if cigars have the same 2yr grace period cause I been waiting to see in anyone is gonna put out a firesale on some of their cigars.

We have two vendors that do our extracting for hash. One of them is a typical butane/propane extraction, the other is CO2. CO2 extractions don't leave harmful solvents, and the amount of solvent left int he propane/butane extraction that you are probably ingesting more butane from the disposable lighter.
That's the point you have t
o use butane anyways. And most if not all the wax/oil products made, the makers can care less ( often uneducated individuals) don't know the difference when making it. Even most legit places in legal states still can't make it harmless to the user.
Why take. the chance? Just go caveman

I'm not a vaper, but I couldn't help but notice a lot of you folks really have a vendetta against vaping.

I personally don't care if they ban this or not. What others do to their lungs is their business. I live in good ol' USA, and we're supposed to be free. Let people vape all they want. Being pro banning of vaping is the same as being pro banning of marijuana and other substances deemed by 'others" to not coexist with the law. Let people do what they want and stop poking your nose in others affairs. It enrages me that some people have to do crap like this. Are they that bored that they have to find ways to fuck with other peoples lives?

Like I said, I don't vape and I can care less, but for me its the principle of the matter. If its not hurting anyone other than the ones engaged in the act, let them vape if it makes them happy.

And before someone says "oh, its so annoying having to smell the fruity flavors and what not", well I'm tired of smelling tobacco. You don't see me campaigning against tobacco because I don't give a rats ass what one wants to do with their lungs. Therefore, you shouldn't care what chemicals people are inhaling thru theses little electric devices.

so there is a 2yr grace period for devices on market before the 8th. ok. I bet this slow down the release of new products like crazy.

I wonder if cigars have the same 2yr grace period cause I been waiting to see in anyone is gonna put out a firesale on some of their cigars.

Cigars have the 2 year grace period as well.

The arrogance among many within this thread is staggering.

Basically, big tobacco is losing billions a year because of the market loss due to vaping, and they've bought off key officials with the FDA to unillaterally impose the tobacco taxation and regulations onto the vaping industry, although there is not any tobacco in vaping, effectively regulating it out of business.

If you're not a huge fan of this, don't bother calling your Senator or Congressman because they don't have anything to do with it. The FDA just said they're going to start imposing these intentionally crippling regulations, without any approval of any elected official, because they don't require it.

But, in this thread, there's assholes that are completely cool with something being destroyed by the government, as long as they don't approve of it.

Ha! This reminds me of the Bloog that I used to rock back in 2011 ... dat cig-a-like. :D

High end mechanical/RBA/Genesis style combos and regulated variable wattage devices are more my speed today ...

Last edited:
Well, I agree with you, I dont want smoke puffed in my face either. I like cigars, smoke one-two every time I play golf.

I don't like cigarettes at all, but knowing how relaxed I feel from the cigars, I can COMPLETELY understand if someone wants to go to a bar or restaurant where you are allowed to light up after a meal or with a drink. It's simple, have places where smoking is not allowed and places where it is allowed. If you're a non-smoker then don't go where it is allowed.

Where I live they had issues with putting laws in place initially to stop smoking in restaurants and bars. Then they did it through another way. They said it was a worker safety issue. People shouldn't have to be forced to inhale smoke all day just because they needed a job. For a small while they had smoking rooms, or patios. But even if they didn't have table service in those areas, employees still had to go in there sometimes, to clean at least. So eventually, no smoking anywhere anyone works. Now you can't even smoke in parks here, or beaches. PARKS, for fucks sake.

Back