Effects of AI on job market

Nameless King

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
AI is slowly replacing jobs, we all know that and it makes me wonder how this whole AI revolution is going to end up in capitalistic US?

Every big business owner like Bezos and rest dreams about replacing millions of their employees with AI and it will happen one day. But then you got another business owner, and another and another. Eventually you will get to the point where every big company got AI and not employing anybody. Not only this will cause massive unemployment but long term it will swing back at companies, because in order to make a profit you need people to spend money right? And who will be left there to spend money?

Europe seem to be bit more liberal in that respect from what I see. Feel sorry for US folks tho

Yeah, but there will never be an AI hamburger.

AI is good for people who are bad at their job I suppose. Otherwise it's a hinderence for creative types. I guess it's good for data entry jobs and light coding.

Also, if anyones job is in jeopardy, it's middle management, but yet they won't admit it.

Also, AI will create a whole new slew of jobs. AI can't program and prompt itself. Not to mention the output is sus, so more QA will be needed to verify the output. Right now chat gpt just flat out makes shit up and is full of inaccuracy. But what do expect from a glorified auto complete.

Also, worker shortages are becoming an issue right now with boomers retiring and birth rates being so low so it's not as urgent as it seems.

Lastly, blue collar trades will still always be in demand... So there's some of your consumers.

Bezos is such a greedy pig. Logged into Prime video yesterday to watch a movie and there was a pop up saying 'Prime video will now be showing ads during movies. You can opt out for $2.99 per month.' Fook that guy. I'm about to boycott Amazon.

I think it'll affect me because all these pencil neck nerds are going to try to head into blue collar jobs and flood the job market making it hard to find a job and make wages go down.

End of times boys.

It just means that we as the humans need to pivot and find ways to work alongside it and not against it.

I know the voice actor who sued Tik Tok once she unknowingly become 'The Voice' without her consent (or royalty checks rolling in)

That victory was huge for VOs worldwide, and now many of them are having to reinvent *how* they market their voice and likeliness.

Don't you remember how much more successful John Connor was when he actually worked with the technology instead of fighting it like his mother?

AI is good for people who are bad at their job I suppose. Otherwise it's a hinderence for creative types. I guess it's good for data entry jobs and light coding.

Also, if anyones job is in jeopardy, it's middle management, but yet they won't admit it.

Also, AI will create a whole new slew of jobs. AI can't program and prompt itself. Not to mention the output is sus, so more QA will be needed to verify the output. Right now chat gpt just flat out makes shit up and is full of inaccuracy. But what do expect from a glorified auto complete.

Also, worker shortages are becoming an issue right now with boomers retiring and birth rates being so low so it's not as urgent as it seems.

Lastly, blue collar trades will still always be in demand... So there's some of your consumers.

As a web developer, Stack Overflow blows Chatgpt out of the water whenever I get stuck with a problem.

AI is slowly replacing jobs, we all know that and it makes me wonder how this whole AI revolution is going to end up in capitalistic US?

Every big business owner like Bezos and rest dreams about replacing millions of their employees with AI and it will happen one day. But then you got another business owner, and another and another. Eventually you will get to the point where every big company got AI and not employing anybody. Not only this will cause massive unemployment but long term it will swing back at companies, because in order to make a profit you need people to spend money right? And who will be left there to spend money?

Europe seem to be bit more liberal in that respect from what I see. Feel sorry for US folks tho
If they do they do, if you ever thought the rich cared about you then you allowed yourself to be deluded.

From the actions of what is going on though, meaning they are allowing anyone into my city to work, it doesn't look like they are getting rid of much, just bringing in a less jaded, hungrier workforce. Americans mostly don't work that hard so they have to bring in all these other people who will not only work harder but complain less and take criticism more. I wouldn't deny being somewhat like that myself, you ain't gonna dog me and talk to me like shit and have me give you my all. Ya, keep them coming over.

yup, i'm seeing so many immigrants, way more than ever, coming here and different demographics too, we have the Indian computer workers, the latino's to do a lot of the fast food and trades jobs and many others doing the uber driving and seven eleven clerking.

As soon as robots become truly useful humans will become truly useless.
If that happens they will truly have to go the communistic route where they provide everything for everyone, unless they'd want people to just riot and destroy things.

As a web developer, Stack Overflow blows Chatgpt out of the water whenever I get stuck with a problem.
i use them both
the biggest problem for got is shit is constantly changing in coding so gpt has trouble giving the best answers

like I have been moving to sticking with next over vanilla react

and got can only give react like solutions

especially when you consider new stuff like doing backend code on the front end

i use them both
the biggest problem for got is shit is constantly changing in coding so gpt has trouble giving the best answers

like I have been moving to sticking with next over vanilla react

and got can only give react like solutions

especially when you consider new stuff like doing backend code on the front end

Sounds like you use NextJS like I do.

yes sir next bless

I like remix a lot too but as of now it looks like next is the winner

I have been thinking of dabbling in nuxt

but haven't got around to it

Yeah, I like Remix too, but it's still in its infancy and doesn't have as much mainstream support as Next. I use Typescript as well.

I've been looking into picking up SvelteJS lately.

Yeah, I like Remix too, but it's still in its infancy and doesn't have as much mainstream support as Next. I use Typescript as well.

I've been looking into picking up SvelteJS lately.
yea I'm on the TS band wagon too

I have heard good things about svetle especially from anti react peeps.

one guy I know s wears by astro with svelte

Wrong, AI is not like other automation.. it's unprecedented. Also, AI currently DOES program itself.. that's what's so unique about it. The people who invented it don't even understand how it works fully.

I'm a "creative type" and I've begun using AI every day.

AI has already taken 10's of thousands of mid-level programming jobs by making the high-level programmers more productive. Soon it will take those jobs as well.... the whole notion of a human writing code will seem ridiculous in the very near future. Human tailored software languages, like C++, will quickly be replaced by AI generated languages which are 100 times faster and more capable as they will no longer be reliant on a monkey being able to understand how to interface with it.

Back