Dealing with contradicting, one upper, and needs to be right types of people.

I have worked with a few people likes this.. I used to call them google ..

I work with the guy who is the same way. Always having to one up people. Constantly talking about himself but when someone talks about themselves to him he quickly acts disinterested. Definitely some kind of personality disorder but i'm not sure which.

It's called being arrogant

There are two incredibly simple ways to handle this.

1) Silence

2) Socratic method

Irony is TS usually tries and one ups people on the forum.
I think he found another him in Edward.
You have any evidence for this false claim? Or just talking out of your ass?

That's fine. I laid out 4 positions originally, including the possibility that the OP was the problem or that the individual was just tone deaf.

You only responded to 1 of the 4 positions, ignoring the other 3. The position about narcissistic personalities. The one that you felt related back to you most personally.

That's actually surprisingly on point isn't it? :eek: You only responded to the one position that you felt was about you, ignoring the rest of the post that you felt wasn't about you. The OP is about his experience, my post was about the range of possible explanations. Your response was about justifying your personal behavior....something completely irrelevant to the OP or my response.

<{danawhoah}>
You gave range of options, but said you think it’s one of the first two. As this is an internet forum and not an exam I picked the one I could relate to. The subject is about understanding and dealing with this kind of people and I gave my perspective and one possible idea which could help. Actually we both had pretty much the same suggestion if you read back: Create distance / give space. I think you’re pushing overconfidently your points, which sound like textbook stuff for me, when it’s just one person telling a story about another person instead of an actual case study. I would not call it irrelevant, but do I think it’s narrow.

Back