• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deadlift Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't want to be sitting here for much longer waiting for people to show up.

I think we have a good group of regulars who will likely play nicely and actually do this and not quit half way through. But I was just throwing it out there. Also we should be starting soon. June to January seems like a good time line. Gives people who are currently in the middle of something ample time to complete it, and start thinking about this.

We should set a date for 1rm proof, though.

I propse we all just test before starting. that way we're all on the same level. Which is why waiting to start might be a good idea. People are likely on a program and might need to finish.

I don't know what my 1RM for deads is, but I used this calculator https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/other7.htm

The last Deads I did was for my 5x5 workout where I did 302.5lbs - got all reps. Any thoughts?

I use a 1RM formula that takes the weight times the reps times .03 and then adds it back to the weight, ending up with a reasonable estimate of 1RM for reps 2-10.

So we'd be looking at 302.5 x 5 x .03 + 302.5 = 347.9 if that sounds reasonable, perhaps 350 if you could do 5 x 5.

350 is what the formula on my link said too. I'm good with that. I don't think I've ever done more than 315lbs, though that was for a few reps.

Slow down, MooseKnuckles.

One person suggests an individual-based comp, and then it's decided. But then I say I'd prefer it to be team-based, a few people agree, and BAM! Now the teams are set.

Here is what I suggest:

How about we give everyone until Monday night at 8:00 Central time to commit to joining? Then we can pick random teams. And then everyone needs to have a starting 1RM in by June first. All final 1RMs need to be proven with a video before January 1st. The winning team will be decided by the total overall improvement of the team.

Sound like a good plan?

Would using a max calculator remove the risk of sandbagging? I assume since we're all gentlemen we'd make an honest go at our max. But I leave that with you guys...

You guys figure it out. I'm on the list just tell me what and where.

Well, somebody needs to organize things if you don't want to. If there are no objections, I can take that role.

How about we give everyone until Monday night at 8:00 Central time to commit to joining? Then we can pick random teams. And then everyone needs to have a starting 1RM in by June first. All final 1RMs need to be proven with a video before January 1st. The winning team will be decided by the total overall improvement of the team.

How does that sound?

Please speak up if you have any other ideas, comments, or complaints.

I'll try to get a video of my best deadlift this Sunday. If I can't I'll post the meet results. I think that's about as honest as a lifter can get haha. But I'm in, hopefully I can get 700 by January.

I agree with no calculators. Unless it's a heavy double. But I think everyone should have to do something before the start of the competition.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have no idea where my deadlift is. I haven't pulled anything really heavy since June of 2016.

Last edited:
Well, somebody needs to organize things if you don't want to. If there are no objections, I can take that role.

How does that sound?

Please speak up if you have any other ideas, comments, or complaints.
Sounds fine to me.

I agree with no calculators. Unless it's a heavy double. But I think everyone should have to do something before the start of the competition.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have no idea where my deadlift is. I haven't pulled anything really heavy since June of 2016.

I'm sure your squat has kept it pretty solid. I'm betting you pull a good amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back