• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deadlift Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, we should lay down some rules.

No straps, no hitching, no ramping, no dropping the bar.

Basically, IPF deadlift rules apply? We all good with that?
I think this is a must.
I suggested we start the competition on June 5, the first Monday in June.

If people are on board with that, you'd be all good.
I don't understand why that makes any sense, but we have at least two people who want to do it that way and nobody that has spoken out against it, so I'm going to go with it.
I'm assuming this is raw; no special deadlift suits.

Also, if June 5th is the start date, I think we should have a window for people to submit their starting weights that's closer to the start. Those who are submitting their starting weights already are getting a month head start.
As far as suits go, I don't mind anyone using them, as long as they're used for the starting 1rm and the final 1rm. Anyone else can feel free to voice their opinion on the matter.

I get where you're coming from, but it seems like a reasonable timeframe to me. To force people to pull a 1rm deadlift in a timeframe of a week or two is unreasonable. And, since teams are random, it's not like that extra month will purposely favor anybody. Yes, it may happen that a given team may benefit from having multiple people getting an extra month of work in, but this is just a friendly competition and we're all free to submit a max right now.

I'm also going to say no more whitebelts. But I will include the ones who already asked to join.

It's nothing personal, but if you don't have some record of regularity on this site, then why should anyone think you'll stick around to support your team?

Oh yeah, I said tonight at 8:00 central. Let's go with that. 13 minutes to go...

I don't understand why that makes any sense

- Gives a couple weeks for people to get 1RMs together.
- Most people seem to deadlift later in the week and June 1 is a Thursday, so I figured the first Monday in June would be a good start date.

That's pretty much it.

- June 1st is already more than a couple weeks
- Deadlifting later in the week just means you'd just submit your video on the 29th instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back