• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deadlift Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get in on it Nurse. I have a meet this Sunday but after that I'm good to go.

I fear I'm not as good as the rest of you but I'd like to hear what has to be done

Most competitions are team based. An individual competition would make a change.

Is everyone OK with teams? It doesn't bother me at all. Either way.

Don't really have a preference.

Teams are a good way to balance out advantages and disadvantages. It doesn't make sense to have someone who could make a lot of potential noob gains compete directly/individually against someone who has been grinding away for years and is likely to make very little progress.

so......who is setting this up and what do we have to do?

I'm in, I'll probably be another month before I can start deadlifting again though.

so......who is setting this up and what do we have to do?
There's 13 signed up now. Could go as soon as we get a nicely divisible number -- three teams of five or three teams of six, etc.

Take the names and make random teams. I went to random.org, put in a list made of the numbers 1-18 and it mixed them up real nice. You could just copy/paste
@NurseKnuckles list right in, first (five,six, whatever) are on team one, second group on team two, blah blah.

Each team chooses a captain and we choose a start date and ground rules and off we go!

Is that final? Ie will we be allowing any further participants? When do we need to submit our current 1RMs by?

So many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back