• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DC: "There's no way Zhang should be above Shevchenko"

splitting hairs?. they talk about the ranking and he thinks she is in the wrong position. maybee you should learn the meaning of ''splitting hairs''

Maybe you should use a tiny ounce of your brain for once in your life. GOAT rankings are pointless, especially when it comes to currently active fighters. It's irrelevant. Dumb. Idiotic. Made for morons to discuss.

Tell me something. What happens if Zhang is considered higher than Shev at the moment? The answer is nothing. It does absolutely nothing for either fighter.

Good day

Beating Jessica Eye, Katlyn Chookagian and Priscila Cachoeira shouldn't really get you a higher ranking

And Zhang decisioned Tecia Torres in her third to last fight, and if she lost to Joanna (I think she did), who exactly is her third best win? But even if we count that mess against Joanna (who was dominated by Shev) as a win, a decision against Torres is still the third best win of her career.

Now, let's take Valentina's resume.

He’s 100% correct. UFC wants a hyped Chinese champ though

Wouldn’t he be stepping outside the company line by disagreeing with its rankings? That’s the opposite of toeing the line.

He’s setting up the illusion that Shevchenko is some mythical beast. I guess we see things from different perspectives. I look at the big picture.

It’s almost like they’re trying to break into China and want to promote the shit out of her
DC needs to stop talking, he is dumb as shit and a company man at that, literally has nothing interesting to say, even the dumb shit isn’t interesting

He’s setting up the illusion that Shevchenko is some mythical beast. I guess we see things from different perspectives. I look at the big picture.
That makes no sense. If we’re talking about official UFC P4P rankings, The UFC basically makes them so if they wanted Valentina #2, they would have made her #2. So DC is disagreeing with the UFC, not backing them up.

The big picture is the UFC is pushing Zhang to tap into that China market.

That makes no sense. If we’re talking about official UFC P4P rankings, The UFC basically makes them so if they wanted Valentina #2, they would have made her #2. So DC is disagreeing with the UFC, not backing them up.

If you say so.

You're conflating things quite a bit.

I think Shevchenko fought Joanna better than Weili, like I stated.

If you want to argue that point I'm all ears.
<{1-12}>

If you can’t see the 20 lbs weight difference and how it could affect a fight. There’s literally nothing to discuss.

Why would we reverse it? Just to suit your narrative? That’s not how debating works.

Neither does lying, discrediting Val's dominant win over Joanna because she's a "former BW" is dishonest.

Look at my post below
100% false, you don't need to respond to my post, it's fine, you can also dislike Valentina, we all have our favourites. But making things up helps no one.

Joanna is an inch taller than Valentina, she walks around heavier (138lbs to Vals 134lbs), she even came in heavier during their fight.
f9277888fdddad27620848e12b3defe2.jpg

shevchenko-j%C4%99drzejczyk.jpg

Zhang walks around the same weight as Valentina but she's an inch shorter.

Joanna only fights at SW because she cuts massive amounts of weight, Valentina fought at BW because FLW didn't exist and she'd rather cut no weight than cut a lot.

Last edited:
What’s to discuss? You have your opinion, and aren’t changing it. Neither am I. Should we set up an actual debate, and have Sherdog judge it?

Moving on.
You didn’t offer any rebuttal to the points I made....zero. Your initial argument makes no sense when you consider what I said about who makes the rankings. Let’s just debate THAT part for starters.

How is DC “toeing the line,” when he is essentially disagreeing with the UFC?

Also you said the “big picture is to build up Shevchenko.” What makes more sense, that they are building up Zhang to tap into the China market, or they’re building up Valentina to tap into that oh-so-lucrative Kyrgyzstan/Peru market?

Nope, just a better fighter. In very aspect. All WZ hype. Trying to cash in on that China market.

It’s pound for pound. Who fucking cares. What a worthless debate.

Back