DC: Jones is unbeatable at LHW

say what you want about him outside the cage but the number of times hes been in truly compromised positions you can count on one hand and hes fought one of the hardest lineups ever, he doesn't make critical mistakes and has great strategy and tactics, DC has as much raw ability and skills but isn't as composed and that leads to errors

I love DC but guess he didn't watch the Santos fight. Jon almost like to a guy with half a knee. Stem cell knee Santos wins that fight with ease.

But as a Jones fan, aren't you curious about how he would handle a fight in which he doesn't have a massive weight/height/reach advantage?
Gus and Santos are close, but I'd like to see JJ deal with a bigger guy.
Like how Wanderlei Silva in his prime fought HW Mark Hunt and Fujita, Anderson Silva fought Forrest Griffin, Randy Couture had Tim Sylvia, BJ Penn fought Machida, Crocop had Aleksander, Big Nog submitted Bob Sapp, etc...

We've seen Jones beat smaller guys (very skilled smaller guys, but still) so many times, it would be interesting to watch him deal with a big, big guy.
Not because I'm obsessed with watching him lose, I'm not even talking about feeding Jones to 100% Ubereem or Miocic, but someone who is a legit HW, maybe in the lower top 10 rank, to see how he would deal with this.

Someone like Travis Browne would have been perfect IMHO: massive natural HW (so, not simply a bloated up LHW) with a decent set of skills, but not a world beater either.

Jones haters don't want to see him go to HW for those reasons. They want him to LOOOOOOOSE, and a HW with more KO power has a better chance than someone in Jones weight class. That's the only reason.

A 17 year old somewhere trains in the world who will emerge in about 5 years to stomp the crap out of then old man Jones.
That guy could show up 5 years early. Don't count Reyes out, he could make big trouble for Jones if he fights smart. Jones hasn't dealt with his combination of size, speed, and power. In this fight I think we can say Jones is moving up to cruiserweright, relative to his past opponents. If he handles Reyes with ease, then he has clear sailing in heavyweight and should move up immediately

But as a Jones fan, aren't you curious about how he would handle a fight in which he doesn't have a massive weight/height/reach advantage?
Gus and Santos are close, but I'd like to see JJ deal with a bigger guy.
Like how Wanderlei Silva in his prime fought HW Mark Hunt and Fujita, Anderson Silva fought Forrest Griffin, Randy Couture had Tim Sylvia, BJ Penn fought Machida, Crocop had Aleksander, Big Nog submitted Bob Sapp, etc...

We've seen Jones beat smaller guys (very skilled smaller guys, but still) so many times, it would be interesting to watch him deal with a big, big guy.
Not because I'm obsessed with watching him lose, I'm not even talking about feeding Jones to 100% Ubereem or Miocic, but someone who is a legit HW, maybe in the lower top 10 rank, to see how he would deal with this.

Someone like Travis Browne would have been perfect IMHO: massive natural HW (so, not simply a bloated up LHW) with a decent set of skills, but not a world beater either.

Were you saying the same about GSP testing himself when he was hiding from Silva under a rock at WW, until the weakest, one eyed, over the hill champ came along? That was a 15 lbs difference btw, whereas the difference Jones would need to overcome would be far more than 15 lbs. So its ok for GSP to hide from a 15 lb difference, but Jone's is a coward if he doesn't want to try and overcome a 20 - 30 lb difference?

Massive weight advantage is a lie, the guys he's fighting in there weigh roughly the same come fight night, and he still anhiliates them. Also even if it were true (which it isn't), almost every opponent Fedor and DC fought had a massive weight advantage. How did that work out for them?

Stephen Struve ( I'm a big fan of him btw) had a huge height and reach advantage against his every one of his opponents. How did that work out for him?

There comes a point in time where we need to stop trying to desperately come up with false narratives and excuses to hate Jones, and just accept the fact that he is one of the best talents we've ever seen step into that octagon, if not the best. His skill, his fight IQ, his strategy.......is pretty damn close to flawless, and the guy doesn't even apply himself in training!

Does Jones appear to be a shitty person? Sure, although not as shitty as Conor, who gets far more love around here. But I'm here for fights, not the soap opera of fighter's lives, and when it comes to fighting, noone does it better than Jones.

Now everyone is clamoring over this new "hero" to dethrone Jones. Guess what's gonna happen to Reyes come fight night, no matter how much he trains and prepares? Hes going to end up like all of Jones' other opponents. Broken, beaten, confused, lost, and dispached with relative ease.

This is more of a comment on how shite LHW is than anything else

It's frankly embarrassing it took 14 fights for someone to finally kick Jon in his chicken legs

giphy.gif

DC must have been at Popeye's during this fight. Didn't see the hobbled guy come within a hair's breath of taking the LHW title from Jon Jones.

There comes a point in time where we need to stop trying to desperately come up with false narratives and excuses to hate Jones
There hopefully comes a point in time where we can discuss potential Jones match-ups without screaming at each other...
You can be curious about how Jones would do at HW without being a hater who wants to see him lose.

That has nothing to do with GSP lol, I hadn't even mentionned him because I didn't want to trigger you (originally I had him going up in weight to claim the title at MW in my examples, but removed it before posting). That worked well... <CerseiPlotting>

Seriously, for what it's worth, hadn't Jones got caught roiding several times, I would have him ranked as the UFC GOAT (I have GSP by default for now). I just happen to think it would be fun to watch him fight at HW at least once.
Not against the champ or a top 5 guy, but still a legit fighter with a HW frame and all. Too bad there aren't as many HW kickboxers as there used to be in the K1/Glory days.

CHAGE MY MIND:
The only guy at HW that can beat Jon is DC. (heavyweights are slow, uncoordinated, can't wrestle and are just trash, except DC (I don't care that he fumbled against Stipe the 2nd time, Stipe is good, but he ain't beating Jon)
There are at least a couple of LHWs right fucking now that can challenge him and even beat him.

CHAGE MY MIND:
The only guy at HW that can beat Jon is DC. (heavyweights are slow, uncoordinated, can't wrestle and are just trash, except DC (I don't care that he fumbled against Stipe the 2nd time, Stipe is good, but he ain't beating Jon)

I could see Stipe going for a dog fight à la Gus/Jones 1, and since he's bigger and lands harder than Gus, that could be a way to lose for Jones.

I would have loved to see Jones vs Struve (before he took too much head trauma), just curious about how he would have handled that.
I know that freakshows are frowned upon nowadays but one thing I miss bout the old days is having the top fighters having some fun fights once in a while.

We know how Fedor would look facing bigger guy, thanks to the Semmy Schilt, Bigfoot or Tim Sylvia fights, we have the footage.

I'd pay good money to watch a roided Jones against fullt-TRT Bigfoot, it would make no sense rankings wise but that would be cool to watch.

Last edited:
I like that DC is fine with that. He's at peace with himself. He has his own accomplishments which Jon can't take away. Good for him.

Meh. Jones has no legacy or credibility due to his constant steroid cheating.

After watching the Reyes vs Jared free fight, I feel like Reyes might actually somewhat use a gameplan like Thiago did, which involves using a good amount of leg kicks. Reyes seems to like to use throwing leg kicks and kicks to the body. Would love to see someone utilize the calf slicer on Jon as that should really render him.

Back