DC: Jones is unbeatable at LHW

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Good of DC to admit inferiority to Jones and acknowledge two, not one, losses to the GOAT.

Speaking to BT Sport, former UFC dual-champ Cormier, who technically lost to Jones twice (though one result was later overturned to a no contest), said while he still sees a couple more challengers for Jones at 205 pounds, he just doesn’t think any of them have what it takes to beat him.

“I don’t know who beats Jon Jones,” Cormier admitted. “I really don’t, and obviously you guys know my feelings towards him, but he’s good, man. I think it’s going to take a heavyweight. It’ll be one of those guys – one of those big, big guys that will shut the lights out. I just don’t know if those guys can beat Jones over 25 minutes.”

When saying “those guys,” Cormier also includes UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya, who has been trading barbs with Jones, drawing interest from the general public and the media on a potential fight between the pair further down the line.

“He’s a good fighter,” Cormier said of Adesanya. “He has so many weapons and, look at me, I feel I’m one of the greatest fighters of all time, and he (Jones) beat me twice. So, that says a lot about who he is as a competitor. But can Israel fight him? Yes, especially if Jon takes the wrong approach to fighting ‘Izzy.’ You fight Israel Adesanya, you better go get some takedowns because if you stand with him, he’s dangerous for anybody.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/daniel-cormier-jon-jones-heavyweight-defeat

Good of DC to admit inferiority to Jones and acknowledge two, not one, losses to the GOAT.

Speaking to BT Sport, former UFC dual-champ Cormier, who technically lost to Jones twice (though one result was later overturned to a no contest), said while he still sees a couple more challengers for Jones at 205 pounds, he just doesn’t think any of them have what it takes to beat him.

“I don’t know who beats Jon Jones,” Cormier admitted. “I really don’t, and obviously you guys know my feelings towards him, but he’s good, man. I think it’s going to take a heavyweight. It’ll be one of those guys – one of those big, big guys that will shut the lights out. I just don’t know if those guys can beat Jones over 25 minutes.”

When saying “those guys,” Cormier also includes UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya, who has been trading barbs with Jones, drawing interest from the general public and the media on a potential fight between the pair further down the line.

“He’s a good fighter,” Cormier said of Adesanya. “He has so many weapons and, look at me, I feel I’m one of the greatest fighters of all time, and he (Jones) beat me twice. So, that says a lot about who he is as a competitor. But can Israel fight him? Yes, especially if Jon takes the wrong approach to fighting ‘Izzy.’ You fight Israel Adesanya, you better go get some takedowns because if you stand with him, he’s dangerous for anybody.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/daniel-cormier-jon-jones-heavyweight-defeat
I think part of this is DC’s own ego playing into it, but I don’t entirely disagree with him.

I didn't see him saying that jones is unbeatable at all in those quotes, but I'm sure DC would tell himself that in order to accept his losses.

Nice how he said beat me twice instead of the one win one no contest statement

Good of DC to admit...

Fair enough, considering Jones admits DC would win at HW.

“Right now...it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it.”​

I think part of this is DC’s own ego playing into it, but I don’t entirely disagree with him.
yeah it's very easy to think that. "he beat me twice, so he can't be beaten" is a narrative the D.C benefits from however it could be said by anyone else and you wouldn't bat an eye from that statement.

jon jones is too scared to move up to heavyweight which is a shame cause we could have seen some entertaining fights

yeah it's very easy to think that. "he beat me twice, so he can't be beaten" is a narrative the D.C benefits from however it could be said by anyone else and you wouldn't bat an eye from that statement.
It’s hard to know whether it’s because he’s THAT competitive, or if he’s just a whiney/poor sport. Sometimes the lines blurred. But it is what it is

giphy.gif

Rumble beats him if stubborn Jones would try to outstrike him

jon jones is too scared to move up to heavyweight which is a shame cause we could have seen some entertaining fights

Jones is an LHW, not an HW.

We know how desperate you are to see him lose but sadly it wont happen, so keep some Kleenex handy for when the GOAT sleeps Reyes.

Last edited:
Yeah it's not like he barely won his last fight against a guy in one leg.

Both Jones and DC are overrated. I'm a big Jon Jones fan but Reyes is going to beat him.

Back