DC is the true #1 LHW contender gus has not earned a shot at the belt

Gus had his shot and lost. and has done nothing to earn another shot. Just because he did better than anyone else against Jones should not get him another shot. he still holds no top 5 wins and has only 1 top 10 win.

DC on the other hand was the HW #1 contender and has proven he can easily make the cut to 205. DC has a much better resume and should be fighting for the belt if he is not going to fight Gus to see who deserves the next shot.

I kinda agree... I'd like to see Gus win at least one more fight before getting another title shot. Him vs Cormier would be good and would clearly establish who is next but a fight against another top 10 guy would also be fine.

The fight with Jones in and of itself deserves a rematch.

Gus had his shot and lost. and has done nothing to earn another shot. Just because he did better than anyone else against Jones should not get him another shot. he still holds no top 5 wins and has only 1 top 10 win.

Gus had his shot and lost.

rk668y.jpg

Gus deserves his rematch, and Cormier deserves the shot after Gus' rematch. It's simple and straightforward.

A barista and a 50 year old middleweight...DC doesn't deserve shit.

Only guy to give Jones a close fight and arguably(in some eyes) beat Jones has not earned a shot?

Only guy to give Jones a close fight and arguably(in some eyes) beat Jones has not earned a shot?

the only people who think jones lost are people who dont like him or people who wanted him to lose.

Gus lost fair and square.

Gus's body of work at LHW plus his arguable win over Jones in the first fight means more than anything DC has done at LHW to this point.

A barista and a 50 year old middleweight...DC doesn't deserve shit.

The problem with discrediting Hendo like this is that less than a year ago he went life and death with a top 5 LHW and he recently KO'd the man who Gus beat to get his first title shot. I don't think beating Hendo at this point is some great feat, but if you're going to completely discredit Hendo, you discredit the division as a whole, as well.

Genuinely don't get the people who moan about DC not having earned it. I understand he hasn't exactly had top competition but that's hardly his fault. You've seen the guy fight and what he did at heavyweight right?

Forget all the barista and old man rubbish, the guy is a class act in the cage and a genuine intriguing match up for Bones. The whinging 'waaah waah but he hasn't earned it' schtick is retarded, especially when you look at the other match ups for Jones out there.

DC deserves the title shot next for sure, because he's the biggest threat to Jon Jones.

Gus already had his chance and couldn't get the job done completely, so he can wait after DC. Jones VS Gus 2 is already set up so it doesn't really matter.

DC just came out and said he injured his knee 10 days before he fought Hendo, and probably needs to have a surgery but didn't want to pull out of the fight. what a fucking BEAST

Back