DC is the true #1 LHW contender gus has not earned a shot at the belt

2ex6kx4.jpg

everyone is drunk in this thread, time for bed, I agree Jones and Gus are the toughest fights for DC but to say who would win definitely is silly

But I do think that having 4 fights in UFC does not trump a guy who has 10 fights and nearly beat the champion last time they met.

Cormier is amazing, don't get me wrong. I do think he deserves title shot, definately.

But not now, he just pushed himself to LHW, he has been always dominant in his fights, it makes sense. Just not right now, I do think Gustafsson deserves to go first on the basis of fighting longer in UFC and really pushing the champ in the last fight between them.

I don't think any exceptions that UFC has made in past by letting guys directly to championship fights after switching weight class has anything to do with this thing. It is simply that Gus was first there, showed he really can beat Jones, does that happen, that is another thing.

For MMA gods sakes, he just switched to LHW. His merits are mainly from outside the franchise, don't get me wrong, he is impressive and has good resume by any standards, but I don't think there is any reason he should cut off Gus and Jones rematch.

We have seen a lot of "old" stars get crushed when they join UFC, Cormier has stood his ground and proven he is legit, but tests continue.

I don't have problem if some get short cuts on the grounds of their previous success, were it on different franchise or weight class, I just don't think it is granted for ASAP, when fighter decides, that's it, I'm switching.

Patience.

Sorry for the repetitive post, you don't have to read it, I won't be offended. (Strategically at the end of post :p )

who would decimate DC in a fight???? I think Barnett would beat JDS, he is too one dimensional . Look at what cain did to him

I dont know another fighter than can do what Cain does, the guy is a monster.

DC deserves the shot on his fighting ability alone. Like I said Gus lost already amd jas done nothing to earn another shot. The only people who thought Gus won are those who wanted Jones to lose. Its stupid to give a guy another shot over someone who has a better resume.

lol and who other than Jones presents a danger to DC, you are trolling, I like my boy rashad, but DC is the better wrestler

I know its OT
Eh I'm a big rashad fan ......I think he stands a pretty good chance

The reasons dc has been so successful at hw and the 2 fights at lhw are because of speed advantages (in his footwork and boxing)
And wrestling superiority
I think 'shads pretty close if not equal...but doesn't matter

Its gus then dc

'Shads at least 2 quality wins away from a shot.....but I'm still holding out hope he drops to mw

gus's best win is over the top shogun 0_o i consider finishing henderson, bigfoot, and beating mir, monson, barnett to me more impressive than thiago silva, rua, and jimi tbh

Back