DC Got Clowned

DC talked too much, aside for the hype that was needed for this fight, he should have shut his mouth and keep the focus on. Also his wrestling strategy sucked, simply because he didn't use it well once he got in the clinch and was already gassed when the rounds were ending pretending to wrestle back.

I agree. Jones pulled him right into his head games and got him all over emotional about this fight.

I'm with you 100% thought Jones won 1,4,5. Of course he poked DC in the eye just as he was building some momentum.

I thought the only round Cormier had an argument for was 2. Going into the 5th I was sure Jones had 3 rounds in the tank.

I thought the only round Cormier had an argument for was 2. Going into the 5th I was sure Jones had 3 rounds in the tank.

Yep. If you go back and watch the tape, Cormier's head coach Javier Mendez thinks he's losing and tells him, "Do you want this? Cause you gotta go get it. Because you're gonna have to stop him."

This was before the start of the 5th round obviously if anyone wants to look it up.

Let me start off by saying that Bones is a phenomenal fighter. Possibly best there is right now.

That being said, his nuthuggers are fucking delusional. DC did not get clowned, or wrecked. He was soundly and clearly beaten, but he was not clowned or wrecked.

Let me start off by saying that Bones is a phenomenal fighter. Possibly best there is right now.

That being said, his nuthuggers are fucking delusional. DC did not get clowned, or wrecked. He was soundly and clearly beaten, but he was not clowned or wrecked.

No he was.Cormier said Jones couldn't outwreste him over and OVER and OVER AGAIN.

He got clowned.Hadn't he said all that rubbish i'd agree with you.

He was responsible.

Both DC and Jones have unshakeable faith in themselves.Just Jones is way better and has an answer to everything.

No he was.Cormier said Jones couldn't outwreste him over and OVER and OVER AGAIN.

He got clowned.Hadn't he said all that rubbish i'd agree with you.

He was responsible.

Both DC and Jones have unshakeable faith in themselves.Just Jones is way better and has an answer to everything.

This. It's more about how much shit DC talked "I'd take him down 100 times out of 100." For example and then getting repeatedly stuffed and taken down multiple times himself.

Jones beat DC at his own game, like he said Jon, "Cormier'd Cormier"

Clowned? Alright. Jones' wrestling was on point and he won primarily because of superior stamina. The idea that this was an easy fight for Jones is bizarre. Cormier could legitimately have been ahead after 3 rounds and almost nothing happened in the 5th round. Jones got a great win, but there no one was "clowned" and it certainly wasn't one of his easiest defenses (it was clearly his 2nd hardest defense, in fact).

DC won 1 round. Saying "he could have been ahead after 3 rounds", is true only if you didn't watch the fight. He wasnt clowned but he was outclassed in all phases of MMA including his bread and butter wrestling and he had no answer for Jones.

DC won 1 round. Saying "he could have been ahead after 3 rounds", is true only if you didn't watch the fight. He wasnt clowned but he was outclassed in all phases of MMA including his bread and butter wrestling and he had no answer for Jones.

No, you can easily argue that Cormier won the 3rd round. It was certainly close enough to do so. I'd argue that the only area or category Cormier was genuinely "outclassed" (if we're to place any significance in the word in the MMA context) in was stamina and even that may be a tad bit of a stretch as Jones wasn't really able to generate much of anything by round 5, either.

Great win by Jones. Made DC look worse in every category of MMA.

But, shame on Cormier for not going for it in that final round. Guess Gus or Rumble really is the 2nd best in the division, Gus has already put up a way better fight. Made easy money on a Jones-Cerrone parlay.

Who do you wanna DC against next? Will he go back to Heavyweight? That's what I predict.

Let's have a circle jerk of victory slips -

QQj0fH7.jpg

Nice move TS, I parlayed Jones to win at -175 and Cormier to win at +155. Cormier screwed me.

No, you can easily argue that Cormier won the 3rd round. It was certainly close enough to do so. I'd argue that the only area or category Cormier was genuinely "outclassed" (if we're to place any significance in the word in the MMA context) in was stamina and even that may be a tad bit of a stretch as Jones wasn't really able to generate much of anything by round 5, either.

I could argue that the moon is made of cheese, it doesn't make it a fact. If you dont think DC was outclassed in the Grappling department I'm just going to assume youre viewing this whole fight through fan goggles. Jones took him down repeatedly and kept him pinned him against the cage. DC couldn't budge Jones, he basically sonned him. In the 5th Jones did nothing but exert a dominating position and completely nullify DC.

I had it 2-2 going into the 5th round. Not sure what you guys mean by "clowned" anymore.

"clown"

You saw another fight nuthugger

Hey pussy, are you still there?

And lol at the noob right above me with his Gus av calling someone a nuthugger.

Nah it was a very close fight but Cormier gassed. Pretty standard fair imo nothing exceptional.

He got tired, then he got clowned.

Cormier needed to change levels in the last round. Instead he just tried to wrestlehump Jones without throwing some good overhand rights, which were there. Left's to the body, left hook up, mix it up don't give up.

Back