DC Got Clowned

I don't think you paid any attention to the earlier rounds. Imo DC was doing very good and was taking rounds 2 and 3 but he did literally nothing in round 4 while round 5 was just a big pile of crap of a round for both but Jon takes it. Closer fight then Jones fans are making it seem lol.

I don't think you paid any attention to the earlier rounds. Imo DC was doing very good and was taking rounds 2 and 3 but he did literally nothing in round 4 while round 5 was just a big pile of crap of a round for both but Jon takes it. Closer fight then Jones fans are making it seem lol.

I gave the 3rd to Jones, although I remember thinking it could've gone either way. I was tempted to five the 5th to DC, just because that slam was the most offense either guy gave that round, although Jones was in control for most of it.

I could argue that the moon is made of cheese, it doesn't make it a fact. If you dont think DC was outclassed in the Grappling department I'm just going to assume youre viewing this whole fight through fan goggles. Jones took him down repeatedly and kept him pinned him against the cage. DC couldn't budge Jones, he basically sonned him. In the 5th Jones did nothing but exert a dominating position and completely nullify DC.

Outclassed in the 4th, certainly. The only way I can see anyone claim he outclassed Cormier throughout the fight in the grappling is because of an expectation that Cormier was going to have his way with Jones in the grappling and that expectation skewed the perception of what happened for the majority of the fight. Arguing round 3 for Cormier is undoubtedly a defensible position.

Can we stop with the fighter bashing threads? Honestly, would anyone here walk up to Daniel Cormier and say, hey, you got clowned? Same goes for any Jones bashers. Honestly, it's like a room full of primates throwing shit at each other in this place. Grow up or get tf on out of here.

Man, what happened to all the "DC will SMASH JJ, people don't understand derp derp" bullshit before the fight, lol...

I ALWAYS knew Jones would win. Been saying it here since this shit was announced. Its been crystal clear from the beginning.

this! lol, there were so many people talking shit in here.

Outclassed in the 4th, certainly. The only way I can see anyone claim he outclassed Cormier throughout the fight in the grappling is because of an expectation that Cormier was going to have his way with Jones in the grappling and that expectation skewed the perception of what happened for the majority of the fight. Arguing round 3 for Cormier is undoubtedly a defensible position.

I dont care how you qualify it. Cormier was 1 for 8 on takedowns. His lone takedown ended with Jones in the sprawl position on his knees. If this was a wrestling match that would not be scored as a TD. Jones was 3 of 5 on takedowns. Thats what I called being outclassed in what DC has competed at for the majority of his life.

I dont care how you qualify it. Cormier was 1 for 8 on takedowns. His lone takedown ended with Jones in the sprawl position on his knees. If this was a wrestling match that would not be scored as a TD. Jones was 3 of 5 on takedowns. Thats what I called being outclassed in what DC has competed at for the majority of his life.

And I said outside of the 4th round (where I said you could argue that Cormier was outclassed in the wrestling), the takedowns were 1-1 (and the one takedown came after Jones grabbed a kick). The outclassed narrative has everything to do with expectation and not what actually happened. Outclassed is what Khabib does to most everyone he fights in the grappling.

And I said outside of the 4th round (where I said you could argue that Cormier was outclassed in the wrestling), the takedowns were 1-1 (and the one takedown came after Jones grabbed a kick). The outclassed narrative has everything to do with expectation and not what actually happened. Outclassed is what Khabib does to most everyone he fights in the grappling.

I like how youre trying to isolate the 4th round as if its some separate entity that had nothing to do with the rest of the fight and doesn't count. DC was also taken down in the 1st round. In what rounds were DC take downs stuffed?

Nah.

Only area that Jones had a visibly greater advantage is cardio. Jones wasn't winning the fight going in to the 4th round.

I keep reading things like "clowned" and "crushed". I am starting to think that most sherdogers don't watch the fights. They only look at results and argue on the internet. :icon_neut

I like how youre trying to isolate the 4th round as if its some separate entity that had nothing to do with the rest of the fight and doesn't count. DC was also taken down in the 1st round. In what rounds were DC take downs stuffed?

Well, if you want to interpret one fighter landing 3 takedowns as opposed to 1 as an outclassing, that's up to you. It completely devalues the term outclassing, though.

Not even a fan of either guy and was leaning
towards Jones but anyone who thinks it was an easy fight is one dumb fuck and anyone who doesn't realize that Jones only took over after his infamous eye gouge is one stupid mfer.

Fuck is wrong with the JJ fansboys acting as if Mr.Chickenleg would've dominated th fight? He just pulled up a close decision victory, not that impressive.

The fight really wasn't any sort of domination. I'd hardly call it "clowning" him.

Clowned? I wouldn't say clowned..I had him winning 2 rounds it was a real close and tough fight for both of them until that 4th round...Jones just had more in the tank. It was a well contested fight and the man with the most gas and skill won.

Well, if you want to interpret one fighter landing 3 takedowns as opposed to 1 as an outclassing, that's up to you. It completely devalues the term outclassing, though.

1 of 8
vs
3 of 5

Yes, I classify that as outclassed in the grappling.

1 of 8
vs
3 of 5

Yes, I classify that as outclassed in the grappling.

Alright. Even ignoring the context of the takedowns in the fight, I think that's an extremely weak definition of outclassed.

Clowned?

reality-check.jpg

Legit lol'd.You don't even know what " clowned " means , since you think DC got clowned.

Back