DC Got Clowned

Had a feeling this might have a similar vibe to Johnson/Dodson. I was right.

Also I should add a part of the clowning is the all the shit talk leading up to the fight and how clearly DC tried throwing strikes after the bell. Also the crotch chop was hilarious.

Clowned? Alright. Jones' wrestling was on point and he won primarily because of superior stamina. The idea that this was an easy fight for Jones is bizarre. Cormier could legitimately have been ahead after 3 rounds and almost nothing happened in the 5th round. Jones got a great win, but there no one was "clowned" and it certainly wasn't one of his easiest defenses (it was clearly his 2nd hardest defense, in fact).

+1
Finally someone with out a clouded mind.

Had a feeling this might have a similar vibe to Johnson/Dodson. I was right.

Not completely dissimilar in terms of which rounds went to who, but Johnson beat the shit out of Dodson over the last two rounds of their fight. Jones impressively outwrestled Cormier in the 4th round and then hardly anything happened in the 5th round.

DC wasn't the same after that eyepoke.

Not completely dissimilar in terms of which rounds went to who, but Johnson beat the shit out of Dodson over the last two rounds of their fight. Jones impressively outwrestled Cormier in the 4th round and then hardly anything happened in the 5th round.

That's because the onus was on Cormier, even his corner was yelling at him he had to finish.

When Jones saw all Cormier was going to do is try and hold him in the clinch and get him to the ground he probably went on autopilot, he knew he had enough rounds and wasn't in danger, and also won that round on all the scorecards I believe.

That's because the onus was on Cormier, even his corner was yelling at him he had to finish.

When Jones saw all Cormier was going to do is try and hold him in the clinch and get him to the ground he probably went on autopilot, he knew he had enough rounds and wasn't in danger, and also won that round on all the scorecards I believe.

Yes, because he was slightly busier and MMA judges hate giving 10-10 rounds. The onus was on Dodson to do something in the 5th round of their fight and MM still beat the shit out of him. Cormier approached the round a bit wrong (easier said from the sidelines as Cormier was extremely tired) in the sense that he should have focused on striking as opposed to trying to land a takedown, I think. Both were pretty exhausted in the 5th and that's the reason why just about nothing happened.

Clowned? Alright. Jones' wrestling was on point and he won primarily because of superior stamina. The idea that this was an easy fight for Jones is bizarre. Cormier could legitimately have been ahead after 3 rounds and almost nothing happened in the 5th round. Jones got a great win, but there no one was "clowned" and it certainly wasn't one of his easiest defenses (it was clearly his 2nd hardest defense, in fact).

I was going to say something like this, but I knew you were going to come in a do it better.

DC's boxing was great and he gave JJ legit trouble. I wouldn't say Jones is "better in every aspect of MMA" after that fight. I've seen JJ out-class, off-time and own guys. He had to drag this fight into a battle of attrition and empty DC's gas, he still couldn't find much room for offense.

Yes, because he was slightly busier and MMA judges hate giving 10-10 rounds. The onus was on Dodson to do something in the 5th round of their fight and MM still beat the shit out of him. Cormier approached the round a bit wrong (easier said from the sidelines as Cormier was extremely tired) in the sense that he should have focused on striking as opposed to trying to land a takedown, I think. Both were pretty exhausted in the 5th and that's the reason why just about nothing happened.

I guess its true Mighty Mouse still went full-board with the win in the bag. But flyweight guys also have much better cardio than the larger weights and can remain a lot more active.

I just think how resoundly Jones beat DC, I mean Gus was clearly the much harder fight and I think most people thought DC would be a harder opponent. The odds seemed to lean that way at least as well as the Sherdog polls.

That was easier than all the guys he summarily stopped? How could that possibly make sense?

I scored it 3-2 Jones, he had a good game plan and a well time eye poke as usual. Fun fight, albeit a little tedious with all the cage fighting but that was expected. Round 2 Jones got his ass pretty good and kicked, but we know from the Gus fight he doesn't go away easily.

That was the only competitive fight Jones has ever had save for the bout with Gus.

I'm with you 100% thought Jones won 1,4,5. Of course he poked DC in the eye just as he was building some momentum.

I was going to say something like this, but I knew you were going to come in a do it better.

DC's boxing was great and he gave JJ legit trouble. I wouldn't say Jones is "better in every aspect of MMA" after that fight. I've seen JJ out-class, off-time and own guys. He had to drag this fight into a battle of attrition and empty DC's gas, he still couldn't find much room for offense.

Yeah. Jones deserves a ton of credit because he did exactly what I thought he had to do in order to win. He had to outfight and outlast Cormier at the range where Cormier wanted the fight and he did (more outlast than outfight, but still the point stands). Stamina was probably always the number one concern for me with regards to Cormier and we saw he simply didn't have the gas tank to keep up his early pace. My mind is slightly changed with regards to a Cain/Jones fight. I give Jones more of a chance now, but the main reason why Jones was able to win this fight (stamina), will certainly not be a given against Cain.

I guess its true Mighty Mouse still went full-board with the win in the bag. But flyweight guys also have much better cardio than the larger weights and can remain a lot more active.

I just think how resoundly Jones beat DC, I mean Gus was clearly the much harder fight and I think most people thought DC would be a harder opponent. The odds seemed to lean that way at least as well as the Sherdog polls.

Not all of them, obviously, as Dodson was exhausted by MM's pace. People underestimated Jones' defensive grappling. I was never confident in Cormier being able to dominate him in the wrestling as a lot of people seemed to be (though I wouldn't have expected Jones to score consecutive takedowns even on a gassed Cormier as he was able to in the 4th). I was confident Cormier could dictate the landscape of the fight and cause him real problems on the inside (and he did for the first 3 rounds before drastically slowing down).

Not all of them, obviously, as Dodson was exhausted by MM's pace. People underestimated Jones' defensive grappling. I was never confident in Cormier being able to dominate him in the wrestling as a lot of people seemed to be (though I wouldn't have expected Jones to score consecutive takedowns even on a gassed Cormier as he was able to in the 4th). I was confident Cormier could dictate the landscape of the fight and cause him real problems on the inside (and he did for the first 3 rounds before drastically slowing down).

Cormier's clear problem was slowing down like you said. Not just a little, drastically, in the 3rd round his offense dropped off considerably and by the 4th is was pretty much nonexistant.

People underestimate Jones stamina and heart, it's the reason he beat Gus and it's also the same way he beat Glover, but he was pretty much dominating that one the whole time.

DC talked too much, aside for the hype that was needed for this fight, he should have shut his mouth and keep the focus on. Also his wrestling strategy sucked, simply because he didn't use it well once he got in the clinch and was already gassed when the rounds were ending pretending to wrestle back.

DC didn't get outclassed lol, he lost but didn't get outclassed

Definitely clowned.

it-the-clown-o.gif

that gif is freaks me out

Back